The Murder Train (OOC) - Take 2

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

The Murder Train (OOC) - Take 2

Postby Grape Me » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:51 am

So, to give some context. This was an old rp I tried to setup but never got off the ground. I'd still like to see it be something, and considering I have a lot more free time and experience, perhaps this would be an ideal time to revive it. So without further ado, I give you: The Murder Train.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You all are looking for a vacation, and find a peculiar flyer one day. A train that stretched throughout several countries and a couple dozen cities had just finished building, and was open for business. As a promotion, the seats in the first car of the train, the car with the best seats, were on sale, 80% off. Only a selected few were able to seize this opportunity, and they would soon figure out why the tickets were so unbelievably cheap.

WELCOME ABOARD THE MURDER TRAIN!

The Hostess
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Phantom

"I am the host of the first car. You guys can call me... Phantom. Yes, I like that. Well let's get to the point. You lucky few have been selected to go anywhere you want on this train for an incredibly low price. But there's a catch. Only if you survive. In this car is a murderer... maybe one or two, possibly more than that. To survive, you must simply either be lucky, avoid people, or kill someone yourself. I will select who dies and who doesn't. But just because I pulled your name out of the hat, doesn't mean you will definitely die. This is a game of escape. Escape from death. But I warn you, don't even try to go through the windows or down to another car. They have been cut off and sent to another track. If any of you attempt to leave this train, your life is on the line."

About the game

The host will select someone randomly to be the murderer (there can be more than one) that will be notified by PM. They will be given certain requirements that must be met.
If the murderer is unsuccessful in killing the selected victim, or have not met the requirements, and new murderer will be chosen and the victim gets to live. However, if you're the unsuccessful murderer, you will risk death and be put high up in the victim's list.
The killer will be given a maximum of six posts to kill. However, don't try to do everything in one post; wait for other people's reactions.

OBJECTIVE: Once the survivors are down to three people (including the killer), you will try to guess who the murderer is. If unsuccessful, the murderer may choose the end result of the story (i.e, killing the two last survivors, letting them live, even committing suicide, etc.). If the murderer gets revealed, he/she will die and the last two standing will get to enjoy the rest of the train ride in peace.

LAYOUT OF THE CAR

~There will be one cabin per person. 10 Total. Labeled Cabin # 1-10.
There are two windows per cabin. Don't try breaking them. They are strong, reinforced windows that don't break, and as I said earlier; any attempt to escape will be noted.

~There is the cabin hallway that connects to all the other rooms of the train. Think of it as the center.

~1 Bathroom

~1 Kitchen

~1 Dining room with a bar

~1 Engine room

And finally the hostess's quarters. Phantom's office is off limits.

How this game will be executed
No one will know who the killer is. To kill a person, the murderer must be put in a room alone with the victim, in a specified time length. They do not need to write down any modus operandi or if they killed that person or not.
All methods to kill a person will be slow and gradual, so they can interact with other people aside from the murderer before they die.
If the host orders or demands anything, your characters must act accordingly (i.e. The host says, "Please go to the dining room person #1, and person #2." They will have to go.)
The host has all rights to change the course of the story and add a turn of events.
The host will also announce the deaths of players and how they died.

Example of a kill order via PM:

Hello there __________,
You are the murderer, and this round, you must kill __________.
Here are your requirements:
1) You must be in Cabin #1
2) You must have some sort of physical contact with the victim
3) You must go into the Kitchen right after.

RULES!
~I'm the GM. My word is law.
~You can only make one character. This rp is setup to be played several times. When it finishes we can reset it and start from the beginning again. You can then make a new character or use the same one.
~There will be only 10 spots for this RP. However, this may change based on popularity. Any vacant spots will be filled by NPCs that I'll control. (I'll post their character sheets in the OOC)
~Your characer does not have to be kind to other people's characters, but please be kind to people when talking in OOC.
~Please be literate in your posts. Two sentences minimum and give something for others to reply to.
~If you're leaving the RP, your character will be killed.
~I can't stress this enough, if you are the killer, do not tell anyone. Please, please please!
Last edited by Grape Me on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Re: The Murder Train (OOC) - Take 2

Postby Grape Me » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:19 am

Character Sheet:

Name:

Personality:

Appearance (image/description):

Short backstory:

Example Character:

Name: Hunter

Personality:

~ Reserved
~ Intelligent
~ Thoughtful
~ Cold
~ Trusting
~ Curious

Appearance: (image/description): Hunter a fairly thin man with emotionless eyes and messy hair that tends to fall in his face. He has a pale complexion and often looks detached and extremely sleep-deprived. He likes to wear large grey hoodies and baggy jeans to make him feel slightly bigger, as he isn't very large. He's average height for a guy his age but he's pretty scrawny.

Short Backstory: Hunter is on the train to get away from everything. Wherever it's going.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby exalted » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:55 am

Name: Ophelia Devereux

Personality:
-Cold/Reserved
-Elegant and Elite
-Judgemental

Appearance (image/description):

Short backstory:

Ophelia is travelling to claim the estate of her late Uncle, forced to take free passage after her late father squandered his portion of the family fortune.
exalted

Postby Grape Me » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Nice. If there are any others interested in this rp (maybe 2 more people), I'll maybe get it started. If not, then it might just be best to shelve the idea for the time being.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:45 am

I'll participate just trying to find the time and the best image to use... Also this will be a place holder for my participation.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Return to Out of Character