World Breakers [Accepting Players, 6/8]

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: World Breakers [Accepting Players, 7/8]

Postby CondorBoH » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Let's be honest, I think a lot of people are going to be pretty shaken up after all that's happened. I don't think there will be much activity in general for a week or so.

Just take your time.
CondorBoH

Postby Mark3000 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks guys. I think I just needed to get some sleep and work this out of my system. You can expect an IC post soon.
Mark3000

Postby starwacher » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:56 am

Also is it just me or did the other squad just go quite?
starwacher

Postby Nobudi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:10 am

Apologies. They're being held up by me. I'm dealing with a wicked combo of work and chaos from the election's fallout.

Just go on without me, I'll be back by this Monday.
Nobudi

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Classes bombarded me and then snowbirds(holiday visitors) are making my life more busy.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby starwacher » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Alright just double checking I almost thought your CO sacred everyone away then again it military based game so there is bound to be a chain of command wich means there are some protocols that do have be followed also maybe why character might sound dry some players I guess I could try a bit to say a bit more of what going on in her head ;)
starwacher

Postby starwacher » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:44 pm

"You can push them out of a plane, you can march them off a cliff, you can send them off to die on some godforsaken rock ... but for some reason, you can't slap 'em."
Abraham Simpson II
starwacher

Postby exalted » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 pm

I think it's a natural tension that was going to arise due to the composition of the squad and time we had to work out characters before the mission. There's three characters from vastly different backgrounds trying to fit different sized cogs into one machine to make it work. It will take time for process to ease and the gears to mesh.

Also without knowing what people read from previous posts about the planning and situation is difficult to juggle with current or future posts. i.e. Smalls was expressly informed that the scouts only have light weapons and can't engage World Breakers, which removed them from covering fire/suppressive fire role in her plan. Smalls never expressly told this to her team, I got lazy and didn't want to repeat giant blocks of text and just said 'informed them of the plan' and hoped the team would read the 3 or 4 posts where I had walked through the plan with the GM in detail. Fast forward to the intro of the Scouts, no description of equipment, and Maiza interrupts a meeting between 2 military officers to ask the scouts to do something Smalls has been told they can't do. I think I explained Small's mindset in the subsequent past.

That being said the team has a complete civilian, a bandit guerrilla and elite SF soldier... protocol was always going to be a mess and it will shape the team how they move on from this. OOC, and as Smalls said IC, freely share ideas and options in the team, I don't want to force actions or refuse discussions, just don't make us look like ass hats in front of other teams.

"When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can’t run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn’t fight its way out of a piss-soaked paper bag. … As for the types of comments I make, sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence."
-Patton
exalted

Postby starwacher » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:37 am

Hey Just a long you not slapping anyone you should be fine as I was jokeing it really the only you can not get away with even They tend get away a lot in Gundam hell zata it get even worse.

But I'm finding your character entertaining even I do like current CO Im under i find it funny that both are CO are Austrian ;)
starwacher

Postby Mark3000 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Ok the next post is up. CondorBoH and starwacher, do you want to wait for Grape_Me to post?
Mark3000

Postby starwacher » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Yaeven I was given the order to fire I think should wait for grape
starwacher

Postby CondorBoH » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Yeah, better wait for Grape. Since we're all in this situation together.
CondorBoH

Postby Mark3000 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:09 am

So I haven't heard from Grape or Knight for a while. If you're still interested in proceeding let me know.
Mark3000

Postby CondorBoH » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:20 am

I know I am.
CondorBoH

Postby Nobudi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:30 am

I'm still here.
Nobudi

Postby exalted » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:52 am

Just waiting for the Kaboom

exalted

Postby starwacher » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Ya I guess we will have to press on :(
starwacher

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 am

Ok I'll get started on a post tomorrow. I'll treat KnightVanilla and Grape Me as inactive and say they were reassigned to another location. I'll adjust the number of enemies as well.
Mark3000

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:03 am

Classes fucked me up again I may need help with catching up on here
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:03 am

Easiest to contact me through Skype if any must know that
KnightVanilla

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character