Ironwold Town, 1885 (Recruitment Closed)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Ironwold Town, 1885 (Recruitment Closed)

Postby lilbooth » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:22 pm

Name: Breanna Griffith
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

(having a very hard time finding a picture to encapsulate what I want this character to look like so were are going to go with this for now Image)

Bio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Breanna was born just outside of Liverpool to a Mr. and Mrs. Edward Hopkins. Her families situation was rather unique. They were dangerously straddling serf and gentleman. That is to say that they didn't have enough money for fancy clothes, perfumes, powdered wigs and such, but they lived far more comfortably than the average British citizen or nationalist. Breanna's father Edward was a third generation carriage crafter or coach builder or whatever you wish to call it. Just shy of ninety years of hard work had landed the family with a workshop, a large home, and an underappreciated garden. Breanna spent her early years housekeeping with her mother, general chores and tending to her elder's needs. She had, and still has two older brothers, Jacob and Alfred (who she calls Alfee). Her brothers were absorbed into their father work as soon as they could walk. Fetching tools, sanding wood, running to the factory to buy nails or screw. There was nothing those two couldn't accomplish. As the years went on jealousy grew in Breanna, and after several heated confrontations with her mother and father, she was allowed to apprentice in the workshop. She cherished the chance to prove that she was just as capable as her brothers and did so on numerous occasion while apprenticing. Her days were filled with hard work but it was far better than sitting around at home. She was so pleased to finally be rid of her boring life. That pleasure didn't last however. When she was thirteen her father began to seek out a husband for her. Breanna terribly dreaded the idea of the leaving the family and marrying some shmuck and giving up her craft. She did her best to foil any attempt her father made to find her a husband and took equal steps to embarrass any suitors. It worked for the better part of a year but eventually she was pulled away from the workshop she called home and flung into some fancy dress.

She had met the man she was to marry perhaps once before, but with little interest in becoming a wife she didn't bother to pay any attention. Her family wasn't particularly large, but the Griffiths were practically a litter of wild cats. Well-dressed and proudly spoken cats, but cats all the same. Her husband was charming enough, not terribly posh and still in his youth, he was no doubt ten years her senior but Breanna had been witness to far worse a marriage. She found the entire day to be dreadfully dull, other than the wine and ale, which was cheap but still good, and she could drink all she wanted, which she did. It wasn't particularly lady-like to get smashed during the wedding ceremony but both families were either oblivious or too kind to say anything. The evening of her wedding was far less dull but equally as unenjoyable. Despite her rebellious nature in her youth, she had never taken to prostitution nor general sexual foolery. She had remained abstinent till her wedding as she was instructed to do by every preacher or priest she had ever met. Her husband however, was quite practiced, and quite fond of intercourse. It didn't take long for Breanna to join in his enthusiasm.

Her first year of married life was far better than she expected. She lived with her husband Charles in a modestly sized estate with a handful of servants. She ate good food drank good ale and had good sex. It did not take long for the boredom that she once felt as a young girl to return, though. She yearned to work, to do something other than sit at home, but it would tarnish Charles' name if other members of the high class thought he could not provide for his wife. So instead she begged Charles for some supplies to carve and craft just something to keep her busy. Instead of supplies Breanna found herself to be an expected mother. She thought that perhaps her days will be full of joy caring for her child, but when the baby was finally delivered, she learned that the servant provided most of the child care. Breanna nursed for the first year or so before they switched Richard to more solid food. She enjoyed the time she spent with Richard but she was still unhappy with her daily life. She began to argue with Charles every day and lash out at servants for no reason. She was miserably depressed.

She lasted just shy of four years as a housewife when she decided she had had enough. She wrote a brief letter to Charles, gave Richard a final embrace, and took off into the night. She was criminal. Leaving her husband was a crime in itself but she had also taken a sizeable sack of coin and a horse from their stables. While on the run she heard of a town by the name of Ironwold. The stories that the travelers spoke scared her, but she was certain that Charles would not dare chase her through such a hell. By the time she reached the road in she had sold the horse and most of her attire, and as she peered toward the town in the distant all she could think was What in the bloody hell am I doing here?

Stats: 14 assigned)
Wits (Essentially wisdom and intelligence): 3
Physique (strength and stamina): 4
Grace (agility and charisma): 5
Spirit (Supernatural defense and offense): 2

Perks and flaws:
Cold. She remains calm and clinical in moments of stress. However, people sense the hardness of her nature, and won't open up to her as quickly.
Craft. She's good with her hands, especially in a woodworking shop.
Lost. She has no direction. Commonalities bore her, comfort stifles her, so anything that isn't urgent or exciting means she struggles to concentrate. She has an advantage with anything that thrills her, however.

Equipment:
A heavy purse. Unusual wealth for a traveller.
Wooden curio. Handed to you by the carriage driver... unspoken, without explanation, it was pushed into your hands before he quickly rode on. It's a sealed wooden box, about two inches square and four long. There's no obvious way to open it, and there's something inside, knocking around when it's shaken.

OOC
I'm down for most stuff, no bathroom play, or vore, and heavy bondage aint my thing but just play it by ear, If I feel uncomfortable at anypoint I will let you know.
Last edited by lilbooth on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby AnIntimateSecret » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Wow, an all-female character list :D

Everyone (except Daxy) should have 'finished' char sheets and an opener on the IC thread. Lemme know if you have any questions/concerns/ideas/hopes/random chattery/anything :D

I've tried to keep everyone fairly spread out... feel free to link up with another player character or keep it solo if you prefer.
AnIntimateSecret

Postby daxtinator396 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Character Description:
Name: Amber Rictone
Appearance: Coming soon. But for reference. Slim and slightly curvy red head with deep emerald eyes wearing a duster and a worn leather "cowboy" hat. The brim hangs over her eyes and gives her an air of mystery about her. Under the duster she likes to wear a simple clothe shirt and most appalling of all is her "jeans." Filthy Americans. To mitigate some of the abhorrent looks and public outcry the Brits would show at her clothing she has put on a little skirt that barely reaches the backs of her thighs. Also she has a really nice butt. -u-

Background: Amber was raised in the Great Plains of wild America. Taken from her family by one of the Indian tribes there. The tribe raised her in their ways and she learned the importance of Nature. She became a bit of a shaman in her time there. Training under him for a long time before making out on her own to pursue talk of a something dark and threatening. Straining against its confines and wanting to make its way to her home. The wise man had heard the Earth rumbles and heeded her pleas. He sent his charge East. Her only weapons, a medicine bag on her hip and her iron in the other. Sandalwood grips and blued steel punishing those who would defy her.

Stats (Each out of 10, where 1 is completely incompetent and 10 is godlike. Start with assigning 10 more points among them for a total of 14 assigned)

Wits (Essentialy wisdom and intelligence): 3

Physique (strength and stamina): 2

Grace (agility and charisma): 4

Spirit (Supernatural defense and offense): 5

Perks and flaws:
Hot Blooded: She's quick to anger and make rash decisions but also hard to handle when she gets this way. +1 to Strength and -1 to Wits when angered.
Crack Shot: Life on the American Frontier means having a fire arm and knowing how to use it. Amber gets a small advantage on rolls involving her "Iron" in combat.
False Front: Amber likes things to go her way. When it doesn't she quickly loses the initiative and crumbles. Hard to recover from unexpected events.

Equipment:
Medicine Bag
Her "Iron" Colt Single Action Army.

OOC we already discussed it -u-
daxtinator396

Postby AnIntimateSecret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:44 am

Hey lovely players,

Not sure if I'll get a chance to do an IC post today or tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday). Not abandoning you, just a crazy weekend!

Just, uh... grab some coffee from the table over there, talk among yourselves, I'll be back shortly.
AnIntimateSecret

Postby daxtinator396 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 am

I definitely did not spike the coffee and I definitely don't have a comfy couch on standby for lewd stuff that may arise from said coffee. If you feel hot feel free to divest yourself of garments >.>
daxtinator396

Postby CondorBoH » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Sorry for slowing everything down! I'll get to my reply right away.
CondorBoH

Postby exalted » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 am

So.... dead?
exalted

Postby daxtinator396 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Haven't heard from secret.. I'm afraid her work may have taken her. Give her a little bit. Gonna see if I can't get her on email.
daxtinator396

Previous

Return to Out of Character