Corruption

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Corruption

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Character sheet:
Picture: http://img08.deviantart.net/5224/i/2015 ... 92mr93.jpg
Name: Alyssa Castor
Short bio: (completely optional)
Class: Guard
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Biles » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:14 am

I'm back and learned this RP might not be dead just yet. I've also sent my Dirt via PM. Hope you were able to read what I have for my character.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm hoping this RP isn't dead yet, so I'll be posting a character of my own shortly. I'll wait with sending the "Dirt" PM until it's confirmed that this is still going.

Edit: Character Sheet.

Picture:
Name: Sarah Westrosé
Short bio: Sarah had always had an interest in plant life. When the opportunity arose to take care of a whole biosphere, an isolated plant life ecosystem during long periods of space travel, as well as collecting samples of new plants from other planets, she just couldn't say no. Happy with her job, Sara spends most of her time in the Biosphere, making sure the food and oxygen production, as well as the samples collected from different planets stay in top notch condition. By default she also has access to the biosphere's controls.
Class: Fixer/gardener/researcher.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Reaver » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Its still going, its just that It can't start because some people haven't pmed their dirt to the gm yet.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby LillyMacow » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:42 am

Yeah the rp is still planned to begin hopefully soon. It would appear that atleast two people have dropped the rp. But with you joining this should round it out enough for a fair fight on both sides. So I just need 1 more dirt + yours and he rp will begin the following day, whenever that is.
LillyMacow

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 am

I've sent the Dirt to you a while ago. Just waiting for the RP to begin now.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Reaver » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:46 am

Who are the two who dropped out? I hope we aren't too low on Guards now.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby LillyMacow » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:51 am

Definitley not too low on guards almost everyone is a guard lol. I was worried we wouldn't have enough researchers honestly but that seems to no longer be a problem. But yeah they havnt officially dropped they just havnt responded to my PMs and havnt given me dirt. I'll wait one more day before compiling everyones dirt into profiles so we can start this thing.

There have been several mechanic changes that I have also made to lighten the work on my side and the confusion on yours. I have decided to remove the "only one post between mine rule" it was supposed to keep the corrupter from corrupting people within one turn. But I have decided it to be ursas scary as it is a problem that can be easly solved on a case by case basis and will no longer slow down the rp part. I will talk about more changes once I'm ready to start.
LillyMacow

Postby LillyMacow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 am

Update: there was a complication with oneof the players so the rp probably won't start until Saturday at the earliest sorry about the extended weight.
LillyMacow

Postby LillyMacow » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:14 am

Huzzah! Progress! So like 2-3 players have dropped after being undecided for a while. I am still missing me dirt from a player who is playing, so just waiting on him. After that this rp may finally reanimate and start.
LillyMacow

Postby Reaver » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 am

The gods know this person has had plenty of time to write a couple of sentences of dirt. Been almost a month since you introduced the concept of Dirt for the rp.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby LillyMacow » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:10 am

He has been really busy, atleast he said that half a month ago and has been on and since. If it goes much longer I'll drop him, he has already been informed but hasn't replied... I guess that would be expected now that I think about lol. Anyways yeah, at worst it will start in a week hopefully it will start tommorow.
LillyMacow

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:43 pm

So... is this happening or not?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby LillyMacow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah sorry, "at worst a week" turned out to be an understatement. Two players never gave there "dirt" and while that may not be the biggest issue it has lead me to question the viability of this rp. While I would absolutely love for an rp like this to work I have found that realistically this system was far too complex and reliant on fast and coherent communication, something not possible on this forum (not as a bad thing, just something I have discovered.). Havnt given up on this idea, however it has gone back to the drawing board so to speak, I am a bit disappointed that I probably will never get to use that map I made too ;(.
I am currently working on new systems that favor the more come and go style legend of Krystal rps are. My greatest mistake has been designing my ideas around the fundamentals of table top games, where everyone is there the whole time, and you all know each other etc. as that has been the types of games. Have designed and played most my life. However this style is very strange and more complicated to make functional yet interesting. I would love to revisit this rp idea in the future, but there will likely be drastic rule changes.
If you are intrested check out for anew thread on OOC soon, where I will go more into detail bout the future of this rp aswell as general roleplay system ideas, I would love more feedback when I start :)
LillyMacow

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 am

Alright. However, to make sure I don't miss the new OOC thread, would it be possible for you to post a link to it in this thread?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby LillyMacow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Sure no problem I'll do that
LillyMacow

Postby Reaver » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Thats a shame but not entirely unexpected. Most of the good rp concepts go to waste on these forums since most of the rpers rather focus on self-gratification than even attempt creativity or improve their own writing. I was hesitant going into this rp because I figured most wouldnt be willing to try the complex mechanics (Not that complex just when compared to everything else here). Rant and annoyance aside, Im look forward to any iteration you bring to the table in the future
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:33 am

I feel the same way that Reaver does. It is a rare opportunity to RP against other Players. Currently, the only instance I can recall doing so in an RP was during a political RP and in Dungeons and Dragons where I played a Bard crossclassed with a Wizard that had the alignments Lawful Evil. It was a small RP group and I was basically the healer and glass cannon that could take hits due to having Magic Armor. Guess who didn't heal after the last boss and took the opportunity to kill the weaklings off once they were really weak? Spoiler, me.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby LillyMacow » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 am

New thread is up: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7481&p=584384&sid=f027e6ee3380e00259b02d634d2ba43a#p584384
Miner incoviniencus is the closest thing to corruption right now. It's success will dictate how I will approach corruption if at all.
LillyMacow

Previous

Return to Out of Character