Corruption

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Corruption

Postby LillyMacow » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:31 am

Corruption

Concept:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

A game of persuasion, trust, and backstabs. This will be a very unique rp, as unlike almost any other rp it is near entirely PvP. The idea is simplethere,  is something wrong trapping everyone together (whether it be an engine malfunction on a ship, a cave in, etc...) and he goal is to fix it. Here's the things, one of the players, is a "Corrupter" and there only goal is to infect everyone. And there will be rapes.

Terminology:

Knocked out: while knocked out you cannot post.
Rounds: a round is every time I make an official post. You cannot make more then one significant post between rounds, (significant posts include things like switching rooms, fixing things etc.) conversations and other more rp based posts have no limits.
Corruptor: the first member of the corrupted team (he is unable to be cleansed)
Corrupted: corrupted survivors
Corruption: converting a player to the corrupted team
Survivors: standard players
Cleanse: converting a corrupted onto the 

General mechanics:
Selection:

The way the corrupter is selected is simple. Everyone will make a survivor. I will then pick one survivor at random and pm them that they are the corruptor. If you don't want to be the corruptor, or REALLY want to be the corrupter you can pm me and I'll take that not account, seems obvious but DON'T put that on your character sheet.
The doctor class is first come first serve, if you want to play the doctor put it in your character sheet instead of a class.  But there is only one doctor so if someone else chose it choose something else, or pm them and ask to switch.

Corrupter:

The corrupter has numerous abilities available to him, they vary depending on the setting, but one remains, shape shifting. You may only shape shift between two characters, the survivor you made in the OOC and whatever the corrupter is in the setting.
So what is corrupting? Simple once in corrupted form you simply have to fuck the survivor of your choice, nice sufficiently fucked (I'll say when, there is no actual parameter for it because I dont want to limit the ways you can fuck someone, that would be no fun. So instead I'll judge if it has been solid enough, which will usually, but not nesscarly be when you cum.
Transformation, when you have corrupted someone they will be out for the next two rounds (my posts) until then they are unconciuss. If they are discovered then they will remain knocked out for another two rounds (my posts) after the time is up, they will also gain the ability to shapeshift (and perhaps some other abilities though moe limited then your own). 

Survivors:

Everyone except one player are survivors, you have two goals. One, find the escape, this won't be simply searching for it, you will likely have to collect and fix things, so it will take teamwork and of course the best part of any orror movie, splitting up. Two, surviving, as the name would suggest don't get fucked, literally. This one isn't complicated, but I'll go more into detail as to what happens if you do get caught by the corrupter. Once you have been fucked, you will switch sides to the corruptors, this won't be a public announcement. The only thing that changes once you have been corrupted is your goal. One corrupt all the other players and don't let anyone else escape, and two don't get cleansed. You will have substantially less abilities compared to the original corrupter but you do also keep everything you had before, meaning you can come back to the team and they won't know the difference. All survivors are female, this ma change in the future, but for simplicity's sake that's how it will work for now.

Combat:

So what is stopping the corruptor from confronting everyone from the start? The survivors will always be stronger then the corruptor in 2 on 1 or greater odds face to face. The corruptor might have a chance against two or more people, but that will take planning and surprise, direct confrontation is usually a bad idea. There are no combat "stats" it will normally be clear who will win, if the corruptor runs head first at a combat class character, that's a clear victor. If the corruptor attacks a lonesome mechanic, she stands no chance to reiterate, there is no "combat system" but the survivors are plenty capable of killing the corruptor if he doesn't play more spy like.

Classes:

So what are classes? Classes are small array of charcter types, they are in general (a doctor/support, the fixing thing class, and the guard/corruptor killer). The doctor is a special class that will go more in depth later. As for the fixer and the guard well. The "fixer" can be anything from an engineer to field scientist, all depending on the scenario, the term "fixer" is simply used as a generalization to imply this class excels at fixing the problem preventing escape. Wile the fixer is almost essential for victory, she can't really fend for herself, so if she stays far from the group and a corruptor finds her, she better run fast. "guards" are anything from knights to space mercs, again depending on the scenario. They can help fix the problem, but they are far better stilling things. Without a guard you likely won't survive, though running is always an option. Guards are not invincible however, if they get caught off guard they will quickly lose what advantage they had, so stay alert. Other classes may show themselves f the scenario calls for them. And rember they will always be loose, so feel free to make creative liberties when you make your charcter within a given class.

Doctor:

Usually called the detective in games like TTT or other betrayal type games. The doctor can save any non original corrupted, ontop of that she is proven innocent from the get go, so getting to her may be ideal, but remember once the game starts at any point she may be corrupted, so don't assume it impossible for her to be corrupted. 
Cleansing, again dependent on the scenario, but whether she is lifting accuse or performing a blood transfusion cleansing works the same. The doctor cannot be getting attacked by the one they are attempting to cleanse. Holding them down or knocking them out both work fine, but more creative methods like cages also could work.

Secrecy:

Now obviously you can't be entirely secretive when everyone is posting to the same completely available chat. Now this is the biggest flaw of the game but has a simple work around. If someone makes a post then they need to cover it with a spoiler, then at the top just put the name of the room at the top, which will all be listed on the map. Now obviously saying someone isn't allowed to read the post can't actually stop them, but this is where the solution lies... Don't read the ones you arnt supposed to. I can't stop you, but the fun of the game comes from the not knowing if you can trust others, if you read the other posts then that ruins the experience. So I'm just going to trust that you guys will follow this simple rule, thanks!

Map:

I will make a google slides to show the map. The whole map will be visible from the start, but the location of other players is completely unknown. You may not move one room per turn unless stated otherwise. If you enter a room you can read spoilers with that room title from that round until you leave.

Scenarios:

Now I have talked a lot in very vague terms, this is because I only wanted to explain the system, everything else will be decided by a scenario, this includes everything from what the corruptor actually is, whether it be a tentacle alien, or a zombie, or whatever, What the corruptors abilities are, the setting, the classes the survivors can pick, etc. The setting and roles will never be a secret, all the players will know where they are and generally what they need to do. As for what the corruptor is, you will have to do some detective work to figure out what it is.

Character sheet:
Picture:
Name:
Short bio: (completely optional)
Class:

Overview:

This is highly experimental, the idea is to try an rp, that maintains the intrest of the rp but has more strict rules and more interesting motives, aswell as actual player conflict dynamics, which should hopefully add together to make for a great pay off. Even though the game part of this rp is far more pronounced then most rps, it is still an rp first and for most. So the rules can still be bypassed for more interesting rping. If you don't actually distrust someone but you feel like it would be more fun for added tension, that is a ine example of favoring the rp over the game which is perfectly excepted and even slightly encouraged.

Again this is a very vague to begin with because I want this to be genral enough for multiple scenarios. As I expect a full match of this rp to only take 7 or 8 pages of posts, though it could easily vary. This is still very experimental. So, feel free to ask any clarifying questions. My biggest concern is the secrecy won't workout right. If that's the case next match I'll try out s new system. Feed back would be greatly appreciated along with any ideas. Thank you!
LillyMacow

Re: Corruption

Postby XanderFrost » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:37 am

Character sheet:
Picture:
Name: Alexander
Short bio: (completely optional) (May come later)
Class: Fixer: Mechanic
XanderFrost

Location: Not behind you... See? I told you, but you didn't believe me.

Postby exalted » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Character sheet:
Picture:

Name: Rebecca J. MacReady
Short bio:
MacReady used to stare at the blackness of space and feel her ass grow fatter in zero G for the government, and didn't get paid enough to do it. The isolation never really bothered her much, she preferred to be by herself playing chess with a bottle of scotch by her side, meant there were less idiots around. As soon as her tour was up, she signed on with a research vessel that was looking for a combat experienced pilot.

MacReady's one regret about leaving the service was she wouldn't get a chance to pay back her old team mates. The pricks having sabotaged her chess program so that it now cheated and hiding on blowup companion in her luggage.

Class: Hunter/Pilot
Last edited by exalted on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
exalted

Postby LillyMacow » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Great glad to see intrest. It would appear there are no questions so Ill give the scenario now. Map will be added by tonight.

Scenario 1: "Parasite"

A research ship has just left an exo planet with numerous live alien samples from the planet all locked away in the lower deck cages. Little did hey know that one alien stowed away aboard the ship not in a cage, but in one of them. The research team was about to go into hyper space when they noticed the hyper drive was malfunctioning, which was on the bottom deck. Maybe they will make it back back to there home planet or maybe the ship will be infested. Or worse yet, both.

Classes: 
Hunter, well trained mercenaries hired by the team to protect them while on the hostile alien planet. They all are agile sharpshooters, but cqc is not what the excell at, try to stay in larger spaces when possible.
Researcher, during there time on the ship, the researchers have often very good at fixing broken components. An essential group to have in order to fix the ship.
Lead biologist (only 1), the lead biologist has an intmimint understanding of alien life on this planet, if given some time she could likely cure any one infected.

Map:

Coming soon.

If you would like to edit your charcter to adjust to this setting feel free thanks again for the intrest!

EDIT: on the topic of charcters, currently the game is only designed for all female charcters, this may change in the future but that's how it is set up for this essentially test round.
LillyMacow

Postby LillyMacow » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:56 am

Here is a link to the map. In the future i think ill make them far simpler.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

A little key, those grey squares are air ducts. Red rectangles are locked doors, green rectangles are unlocked doors. I dont expect this to make to much sense at the moment, this is simply a layout, more detail will be shown once the rp starts.
LillyMacow

Postby exalted » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:43 am

Character sheet editted
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Reminds me of Space Station 13. I'm interested, however, due to work schedule this week, I'll be able to submit a character on weekend, likely sunday.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Phoenixcz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Character sheet:
Picture:

Name: Ash
Short bio: (WIP)
Class: Researcher
Last edited by Phoenixcz on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Biles » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:31 pm

(Warning: NSFW)

arshessandra.jpg
arshessandra.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 1097 times

Name: Dr. Agnes Arshessandra
Class: Biologist

Short Bio:
As a young girl, she was more fascinated with animals and creatures. Eager to learn more about them, 'Arshes' as she was nicked-named, would eventually study up more in the field of science, particularly biology. Apparently, she would delve into the world of genetics and marry that with her love of zoology and recently xeno-biology. After graduating from the university with all the degrees under achievement, Arshes would spend a few years playing with the fabrics of nature. It was then that she got assigned to a research team to pick up samples of species.
Last edited by Biles on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby LillyMacow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Great, more players would be ideal but we have now reached the minimum so we will start this saturday. If no one else joins this should work, but if we get more that would be great.
LillyMacow

Postby Biles » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:31 pm

So umm, how long until the RP starts?
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby LillyMacow » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:07 pm

I have come o the conclusion that 4 isn't enough, it would be insanely hard for the corruptor, or if just survivor dies the corrupter will be near unstoppable. So I'm going to wait and see if this attracts anymore intelligence, until then it's postponed indefinitely.
LillyMacow

Postby Biles » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Well shoot. :(
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby exalted » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:08 am

What about adding NPCs to flesh out the numbers?

Still randomise which character is the corrupter (PC or NPC) to keep ud guessing. Potentially helps with the whole secrecy element as if a group of NPCs goes off without us we wont know what they did.
exalted

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:00 am

Ive been thinking about joining a sci-fi rp, and this seems as good a time as any to start.

Name: Gilfried 'Gil' Sanders
Appearance:

Bio: Gil has seen his fair share of the galaxy, and has seen 'trust' and 'faith' fail him several dozen times over. Be they human or alien, Gil is more 'shoot first, ask questions later' type. He is not uncooperative, however. He will use whatever and whoever to get his mission done, doing his best to eliminate all obstacles in his missions way. He took this job as a free way to get to their destination, having squandered most of his money on his three favorite pass times: women, alcohol, and gambling.

Class: Mercenary/Soldier
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Postby exalted » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:23 am

So is there any movement or is this dead in the water?
exalted

Postby LillyMacow » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:37 am

As of now it's dead. It was overly ambitious, needed more players then would be intrested in a rather niche game concept.
LillyMacow

Postby Phoenixcz » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:08 pm

You'll propably get at least one more, Reaver sent me a PM with interest by mistake.
Phoenixcz

Postby LillyMacow » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah he just pmmed me, that should be enough atleast for a test game. There is one key change to the rules that everyone's charcters will need to change to adapt too I'll go more into detail below.

Dirt:
Every charcter has "dirt" this will not be on your charctersheet but will instead be pmmed to me. How it works is your dirt is negative quality add to your charcter, with the sole purpose of forcing players to spread out occasionally and to lower the suspicion on the corrupter when other players suddenly "have to go". Dirt could be a variety of things, for example: trying to get an illegal sample of alien DNA off the ship and sell it for lots of money to a shader dealer, this would force you to play more secretively and be reluctant to others tring to search your room or your body, as they may find your samples. It can also be charcter kinks, for example your charcter loves fucking one of the aliens, so occasionally she will go to the lower deck by herself so no one else can see her. Ideas like this will make it far harder for the Survivors to pinpoint the corrupter, as finding someone in the cage control room isn't damming evidence they are the corrupter. This should hopefully make gaming the rp harder aswell as increase the tension and charcter interaction.

Your own personal dirt:
Send me a pm giving me an idea of your charcter flaw, I will then work with that to give you your official Dirt side goal.if you don't care what your dirt is just pm me and I will give you one.
LillyMacow

Postby Reaver » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Character sheet:
Picture:

Name: Crystal "Valkyrie" Castbrand
Short bio: Crystal is a career soldier with government funding the research vessel she's currently on. A member of a spec-ops squad that dealt with the covert tracking and elimination of rebels operating in urban areas within allied territories, Crystal with the means to kill or defend herself. However service record speaks volumes of her propersity to put civilian lives ahead of her own safety, even almost jepordizing the integrity of some missions to minimize civilian casualities on ops. It was her last mission that saw her saving a child from falling rubble instead of continuing to chase an escaping bomb-maker, that got her reassigned to the research vessel in order to reduce the chance of future ops failing because of her. Not only did it keep her out of the public eye but also fulfilled the research team's request for more security onboard, by having a highly trained operator onboard. Making sure that everyone onboard survives is Crystal's first priority, followed by ensuring that the vessel reaches its destination, knowing that any mistakes that happen could result in her being court-martialed, possibly for lapse in judgement like before.
Class: Hunter
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Next

Return to Out of Character