Midnight Mansion OOC [Closed for recruitment]

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Midnight Mansion OOC [Closed for recruitment]

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Midnight Mansion is the name I've chosen for my newest RP, and since my last RP went down the drain for me personally when I realized I had barely prepared... I eventually came to think of this. However, this time will be different. This time, I will be prepared and work a lot of things out in advance, below is a list on things I will be preparing, what I'm currently working on and what I would like to have some help with... In case anyone is interested with helping me out a little bit.

Concept explanation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Midnight Mansion is an RP where the players are playing as students who find themselves stuck in a mansion in the middle of nowhere. This RP will be containing many things belonging to the supernatural such as ghosts, magic and other magical beings. This game also plays out in the modern world, but with the twist that the supernatural exits. Of course, this RP will also be planned with a somewhat more sexual story in mind than my last RP.

Planned features:

Properly explained mechanics of the RP.
Backstory & Lore.
Concept explanation.
Example character.

Currently working on:

Looting Mechanics.

Need help/suggestions with/for:

-

Completed:
Concept explanation.
Easy to follow character sheets. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1prE3Ixd0TWMyYP591rhf3SDSFnKnTCYWWldc6YBrbW4/edit?usp=sharing
Example character. (This link also contains accepted characters that have been updated) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1png2M1I7AzHRCiCmYL7XbvLfAzVIuRmFt2zJi7e-uJo/edit?usp=sharing
RP mechanics. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NfACX62V57oNVteimYK09EOf8G63POxhV9Q9eHKWAxA/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by Fantasy Fanatic on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Fantasy Fanatic

Re: Midnight Mansion OOC [WIP][2-4 player RP in planning]

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 pm

The current problem I'm having with the character sheets are positive and negative statuses the players will be able to chose to increase their EXP if they chose negative ones or pay for positive ones using that EXP.

I'm running a bit low on ideas on Positive/negative statuses, a few examples I have so far are: "Curse", "Haunted" and "Broken Bone". They all pretty much explain themselves, but I need some ideas, anyone willing to help me out or is interested in joining in on this?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby CondorBoH » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm

I'd be interested in joining and helping.
For negative statuses, maybe something like 'Headache/Migraine' or 'Twisted Ankle' if they're just outright injuries. 'Poisoned' could be one too! It really depends on what defines the negative/positive.
CondorBoH

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:02 am

Right now, I'm looking for things that would be like "conditions", but I'd like to keep them manageable enough so that they wouldn't ruin the RP too much since you can choose to start with them to gain some EXP. But Migraine and Twisted ankle do sound like good ones, thanks. I'll be posting the character sheet here once I'm sure I haven't forgotten something on it, have already had to go back and fix it a few times since I realized I had forgotten to think of several mechanics I'm going to be using.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby devilbird » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:35 am

I'd also be interested in this and willing to think up status effects.

Positive Effects

Blessed and Protected would be good effects for protecting players and keeping things from getting one sided. Well Fed and Well Rested effects could give us small boosts, while also telling us that we need to eat and sleep. This means you could also lay out traps for us as we try to satisfy those needs.

Negative Effects

Possessed, Mind Controlled, Charmed, Corrupted or Hypnotized if you want any behavior modifying conditions. Drunk or Drugged also work for that. I actually have an Anima campaign I'm planning on where I hand them cards after certain events. The card will tell them if they got possessed or not. All the other players know is that a chance occurred and they have to question if they can trust them. You don't need to go that far, but it is an idea you have my permission to use.
devilbird

Postby CondorBoH » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:35 am

Determined could be another one. The character steeling themselves and getting ready to run into the spoopy hallway. Brave could be another use of it.
Then the opposite could be something like 'Feared', where the player... is uh, well. Feared, ya know?

'Bound' could be another one, with a player stuck in a room until they release the seal or whatever. Silenced too, maybe. Prevents talking and any other stuff you do with your mouth.
Drunk or Buzzed. Drinking will help settle your nerves in a haunted house, right? Or something like that. Getting drunk may make it easier to fight or get through a spooky moment, but makes social things harder.
CondorBoH

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks guys, your suggestions are great, they even help me come up with more of my own ideas.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby CondorBoH » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:59 pm

Good to hear. If you have a version of the character sheet to show so we can have more room to work with, unless you got that sorted already.

Paralyzed, poisoned, burned are also options for status effects. Gotta respect the classics. If I think of any more, I'll add them to this post later.
CondorBoH

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:53 pm

I actually don't wan't to reveal too much about the character sheet before I'm done with the mechanics and have a fully functional example character.

I do however have some other things I'd like to have some help with.
When putting points into different stats, it will allow people to choose skills/abilities based on their choices. This means I need skills/abilities associated with: Strength, Agility, Physical Endurance, Intelligence, Reflex, Mental Endurance, Spiritual Awareness, Spiritual Flexibility, Spiritual Endurance.

Examples would be like: Perfect memory for Intelligence or Summoning for Spiritual Flexibility. Coming up with the many different abilities is kinda hard.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby CondorBoH » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:41 am

Oh geez I know how you feel, so I'll do my best to help out with that. These are uh... well they dont have descriptions but I hope they help you get ideas.

Strength:
Weightlifter
Brawler
Mighty Puncher

Agility:
Sprinter
Run for it!

Physical Endurance:
Poison/Paralysis resistance
Spook resist
Light Sleeper

Intelligence:
Studious Mind
Clue seeker

Reflex:
Magic Fingers
Quick reflexes
Jumper

Mental Endurance:
Psychic Resist
Alcohol Resist
Calm Breathing

Spiritual Awareness:
Ghost sense
You know when someone is possessed by I can't figure out a good name for it so enjoy this sentence
Detect Magic

Spiritual Flexibility:
Summoning
Commune

Spiritual Endurance:
Possession Resist
Spell resist

Yeah, thats all I got.
CondorBoH

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:24 pm

You good (insert gender of choice here) have been a great help. I've also been making the statuses more complex and made a few ways to combat negative statuses. Today, has been productive. Yay for development!
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby devilbird » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Any update on this?
devilbird

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Not right now. I've gotten a little busy with other things. But I'll be back to this soon.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby devilbird » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:34 pm

Fair enough. I can understand being busy.
devilbird

Postby daxtinator396 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Certainly interested! If you need help feel free to shoot me a message.
daxtinator396

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:15 pm

No real help needed right now. I'm taking a short break while working on some other stuff. But I'll soon be done with the character sheet and example character I have planned. After that it'll be more mechanics, backstory/lore and things like that I'll need to prepare before it becomes a real RP.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:56 am

Now, finally, after a long time, (and honestly, some neglect) I have finally made a character sheet prototype, as well as an example character. Here they are: (EDIT: This is the 2nd version of the character sheet.)

Character sheet:
Name: (Acceptable names range from anything like “Watermelon“ to “Tramp Stamp”, as long as the name doesn’t offend anyone, intentional or not.)

Gender: (Acceptable genders are Male and Female. Other genders have been removed to make the RP a bit more simple.)

Age: (Acceptable ages must be a minimum of 18 years. Preferred ages would be those of young adults, somewhere around 18-24 years. Older characters require good reasons to be accepted, in case you wish for them to be older.)

Fetish/Fetishes: (Essentially things that turn the character on that are a little bit different from the usual.)(Don’t know how to otherwise explain it.)

Favorites: (Everyone has a favorite when it comes to a specific area, be it food, music or sport. Enjoying one of your favorites lets you recover -2 LVL of stress rather than the usual -1 LVL.)

Favorite pastime activity:
Favorite music:
Favorite sweets:
Favorite food:
Favorite drink:

Appearance: (While a picture is preferred, a well written description will suffice.)

Character Buildup: (A character has three primary stats to put points in, these in turn, split up into more specific stats. All stats are split into stages, one point in a stage, yields double the points in the next stage. Different amounts of points will make different situations easier and give advantages I certain situations.) (see “Mechanics” farther down for more information.)

Body: (Stage 1) (Putting points into Body, means your character has spent time and effort into training and taking care of their body.)

Strength: (Stage 2) (Putting points in Strength means your character has trained their body with the intention of building muscles to either do heavy lifting or punch a bully back so that they know not to bother you.)

Agility: (Stage 2) (Putting points into Agility means your character has trained their body with the intention to become faster, be it by running or to be able to do things fast enough to get away with them, like pickpocketing.)

Physical Endurance: (Stage 2) (Putting points into P.E. means your character has trained their body with the intention to cope with fatigue or physical pain. Be it with intention to manage longer workouts, or to win bets with your friends as to who can walk barefoot over Lego bricks the longest.)

Mind: (Stage 1) (Putting points into Mind, means your character has spent time and effort into training and taking care of their body.)

Intelligence: (Stage 2) (Putting points into Intelligence means your character has trained their mind with the intention to become more intelligent. Be this by paying attention in class or by catching up diligently at home, they certainly have a head on their shoulders.)

Reflex: (Stage 2) (Putting points into Reflex means your character has trained themselves in the art of acting before thinking. Be it for the pure intention of not getting caught in someone’s practical joke or not to be surprised when something jumps out at you, you can react without having to think.)

Mental Endurance: (Stage 2) (Putting points into Mental Endurance means your character has trained themselves in the art of ignoring or overcoming hurtful mental situations, such as being bullied verbally or getting over a breakup, making them harder to influence mentally as they are far more stable.)

Spirit: (Stage 1) (By putting points in Spirit means your character has some form of connection to the supernatural. Be it by having been exposed to cursed objects or for having visited a haunted house. More points mean more exposure.) (This is the only stat that is going to be raised naturally in game without the use of EXP purchases, meaning even character starting out with 0 points in this stat will gain some over time, getting the chance to update their character sheets. Having 0 points in this stat from the beginning however will come with a penalty in some form or other. Players are free to choose to risk this temporary penalty if they wish to spend their points elsewhere.)

Spiritual Awareness: (Stage 2) (Putting points in Spiritual Awareness means your character has trained their limited super natural abilities to detect dangers like ghosts or dangerous items or locations.)

Spiritual flexibility: (Stage 2) (Putting points in Spiritual Awareness means your character has attempted to recreate supernatural abilities, such as telekinesis or invisibility.)

Spiritual Endurance: (Stage 2) (Putting points in Spiritual Endurance means your character has trained themselves in enduring being subjugated to other supernatural beings or abilities, meaning they have less of an effect on them.)

Physical Health: (Body + a die roll with as many sides as points put into body) (Hurt
Mental Health: (Mind + a die roll with as many sides as points put into body) (Stress)
Spiritual Health: (Spirit + a die roll with as many sides as points put into body) (Withered)

Distribution of points: (When distributing points, a player is given 9 points to distribute between the three 1st stage stats. The amount of points in a 1st stage stat determines the amount of points for the 2nd stage stat from the same tree by doubling the amount of points.)

School: (If a student is enrolled within a school (or has been) they receive certain bonuses and privileges. A school bonus can also be acquired by being or having been a part of the staff of the particular school. Different schools offer different privileges and bonuses.)

List of available schools:

Adward Academy (+1 Physical Endurance, +1 Agility, +1 Reflex.) (Adward Academy is located at the outskirts of the city, meaning attending this school includes waking up early to catch the buss as well as manage the brisk jog from the buss stop to the school if students wish to be on time. This results in most students staying relatively more fit then they would otherwise as well as somewhat more alert of their surroundings.)

Woftell Plaza (+1 Intelligence, +2 Mental Endurance.) (Woftell Plaza is a high prestige school with a fair amount of funding, allowing it to focus a lot more budget into education as well as other things. The excellent teachers combined with the somewhat more advanced material means the school manages to raise many individuals intellect as well as prepare them for some of the pressure of adult life.

Excel Academy (+1 Spiritual Awareness, +2 Spiritual Endurance.) (Many of the students have noticed strange things in the older parts of the school building, making room for many rumors and spooked students. Those in the know will confirm that it is indeed haunted but only by low level spirits who can do no more than scare students. This of course results in becoming less affected by weird things over time, seen by most as a good thing.) (Choosing this school with 0 points in Spirit results in gaining 1 point in Spirit, as well as an additional penalty.)

Weapon: (Each character will have access to a weapon. Be it one of their choice or just something they found nearby. Weapons however will only be available as everyday items one would have on them in person, such as: a handbag, a pen, a pocket knife or a screwdriver. More advanced weaponry might or might not become available later on in the game.)

Excess possession: (Each character will be allowed an additional possession besides their weapons and standard equipment. This could be anything from deodorant, bug spray or nail polish to things like a cellphone, computer or a flashlight. Additional starting equipment can be bought for a Bonus addition point. Additional equipment can also be found during the game if lucky enough or be acquired as a reward to completing certain tasks.)

Random possession: (All characters will begin the game with an additional randomized item from the list below, the item is randomized by the GM before the game begins.)

Clothing: (Since this is also a sexually oriented RP and to give clothing more value, no character begins this game fully clothed. A D6 roll will decide the amount of articles of clothing a character will possess at the beginning of the game. The nature of the clothing will be decided with a D10 roll. The appearance of the different articles of clothing is completely up to the players.)

1. Hat/cap.
2. Earrings.
3. Ring.
4. Necklace.
5. Gloves.
6. Underwear. (Only one article of clothing, meaning bra and panties come separate for females. For males, tank tops count as underwear corresponding to bras for females.)
7. Shirt.
8. Pants/skirt.
9. Socks.
10. Shoes.

Bonus addition:
With this bonus, you can chose between many different options. The 1st one to keep your character as is and protect it from other people affecting it with their own bonuses. The 2nd is the ability to increase one of your 2nd stage abilities by 1 point. 3rd is the ability to gain 1 additional article of clothing or re-roll an already existing one. 4th is the ability to sabotage one of the other player’s clothing at random. Sabotaged clothing can either become transparent, become torn, become made of a different material, become soggy or be destroyed completely. 5th allows to gain 1 additional health in Physical, Mental or spiritual heath. 6th allows to re-roll your random possession. 6th allows you to choose another additional possession.
Last edited by Fantasy Fanatic on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:04 am

Example character: (V.2)
Name: Sadja Hoodlin

Fetish/Fetishes: Going Commando, tentacles, gangbang, orgies, pet play and legs.

Favorites:

Favorite pastime activity: Sex
Favorite music: Techno
Favorite sweets: Strawberry pastries
Favorite food: Sushi rolls
Favorite drink: Milk

Appearance:

Body: 2

Strength:
Agility: 1
Physical Endurance: 3

Mind: 2

Intelligence: 1
Reflex: 2
Mental Endurance: 1

Spirit: 5

Spiritual Awareness: 2 (+1)
Spiritual flexibility: 6
Spiritual Endurance: 2 (+2)

Physical Health: 3 (2 + 1D2 roll) (Hurt)
Mental Health: 4 (2 + 1D2 roll) (Stress)
Spiritual Health: 8 (5 + 1D5 roll) (Withered)

School:

Excel Academy (+1 Spiritual Awareness, +2 Spiritual Endurance.) (Many of the students have noticed strange things in the older parts of the school building, making room for many rumors and spooked students. Those in the know will confirm that it is indeed haunted but only by low level spirits who can do no more than scare students. This of course results in becoming less affected by weird things over time, seen by most as a good thing.)

Weapon: Pocket knife
Excess possession: 6 pack of condoms
Random possession: Lighter

Clothing:

D6 roll = 5.

1. D10 roll = 4. Necklace. (Red scarf.)
2. D10 roll = 1. Hat/cap. (Hairband.)
3. D10 roll = 9. Socks. (Pink socks with red polka dots.)
4. D10 roll = 1. Hat/cap. (Red winter cap.)
5. D10 roll = 10. Shoes. (Red tennis shoes.)
6. (bonus) D10 roll = 5. Gloves. (Pink winter gloves.)

Bonus addition: Additional clothing: D10 roll = 5. Gloves. (Pink winter gloves.)
Last edited by Fantasy Fanatic on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby CondorBoH » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:38 am

That's a lot of stuff, but I can see a lot of it being important and very fun. Especially the clothes thing. Are we allowed to start making character sheets yet, or are you still finalizing stuff?
CondorBoH

Postby Mark3000 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:06 am

Looks pretty interesting, I'll start on a character right now.
Mark3000

Next

Return to Out of Character