The Roads We Take (New players still welcome)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: The Roads We Take (New players still welcome)

Postby devilbird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Well, Xander's elf just bought points but it got converted to the DnD style in the active player post. So I'm guessing we have scores and 10 points to put into any of them. Then we calculate modifiers.
devilbird

Postby Lynxy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Ahh. Brilliant detective work.
Lynxy

Postby TheUnknown » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Ya that's the general method I use since this is a d20 system. Keep forgetting that not everyone is use to that. These old gears of mine are pretty rusty
TheUnknown

Postby lilbooth » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:50 am

Name: Riya Maev
Race: Human
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Biography:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Riya was born on the planet Qubilah, deep within the Rusmane Compact. Growing up as a young girl in a female-dominated society made daily life rather easy. Riya enjoyed sports and intramurals much more than study or art and developed quite a lean physique at an early age. Her love of physical activity stuck with her through her school years, where she earned mostly mediocre remarks. Her mother, who was a doctor, looked down on Riya for her lack of success in school. It wasn't like she had given up or was skipping class, she just couldn't perform on the same level as some of the other students. Straight out of school Riya joined the Rusmane Explorer Core, eager to see what else the galaxy had to offer. Her scores on the entrance exam were a bit lacking and she failed to qualify for some of the more exciting regiments of the core, and had to sign on with some extraordinarily lackluster assignments. But before she was shipped away into the great unknown she took part in mandatory explorer training. It was basic stuff really, some self-defense moves, the operation of standard rifles and pistols, a few first aid techniques, nothing crazy. Her time in core afforded her the ability to visit a handful of worlds outside of the Compact, and also subjected her to patriarchal persuasion shared by a large portion of the galaxy. Riya's nimbleness and inquisitive nature were gifts from birth, but they regularly honed while on excursions with the core. She became quite practiced at hiding and moving silently, often into places that she didn't belong. She was unlucky enough on one of these occasions to wander upon a group of zealots chanting and performing some ritual. She had gotten far too close and, after being roughly man-handled, found herself laid across a thick stone slab. She tried to shake and squirm but dozens of grubby hands kept her in place. Riya screamed when she saw one of them produce a knife, she thought her life was over, but screamed again when she watched the man holding it slice wide gashes in both his arms. Soon more knives were pulled from under tattered robes and a crimson tide covered her vision. Some time later she awoke, still covered in blood, with runes etched into her skin. It took her days before she could speak to anyone, and when she finally did, her commanding officer recommended permanent leave from the core. She spent the next few years following dead-end leads on the mysterious ritual she was part of, and eventually discovered some of the long lasting effects it had on her. With home just as far away as the next rock, she decided to push forward and find out was really going on with her. She knew the best scientists and researchers were in the southwestern edge of the galaxy, she figured that if anyone knew what was wrong with her, then it was certainly them.

Combat Class: Magic
Inventory: Armored Undersuit, Collapsable Sheild, Monoblade (1d8+1)[Dexterity Compatable], 2x Monofilament Daggers (1d6+1), Money/Credits?
Hastily scrawled research notes, satchel
Stats/Perks:
STR 10+(0)
DEX 16 +(3)
CON 10 +(0)
INT 10 +(0)
WIS 14 +(2)
CHA 10 +(0)
10 points to put into the stats as you see fit
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby XanderFrost » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Hey, sorry for lack of responsiveness, I've been a bit busy
XanderFrost

Location: Not behind you... See? I told you, but you didn't believe me.

Postby Lynxy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:18 pm

It's AAAALIIIIIIVEEE!!!
*Jacob's ladders crackle in the background*
Lynxy

Postby TheUnknown » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:42 pm

XanderFrost Wrote:Hey, sorry for lack of responsiveness, I've been a bit busy

No worries I'm rather busy this weekend and not sure I'll be able to respond til after this short respond spree. Can pm when you wanna try and get into the game
TheUnknown

Postby XanderFrost » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:34 pm

I'm ready to start any time.
You may want to update my character in the Active Players spoiler though.
XanderFrost

Postby TheUnknown » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Alright I've been rather busy today and unsure how many more post I'll be able to make til tomorrow. Probably have some ideas for an entrance.
TheUnknown

Postby XanderFrost » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:43 pm

That's fine, I'm still looking for people to participate in my role play so I can stay occupied.
XanderFrost

Postby XanderFrost » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Sorry for the small post, I'm at 2% on my laptop
XanderFrost

Previous

Return to Out of Character