The Roads We Take (New players still welcome)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: The Roads We Take

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:46 am

I could see that, space and westerns are a fun mix just look at firefly, working. Can pm me or just keep posting here if you have any questions or curiosities.
TheUnknown

Postby devilbird » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 am

Name: Tik-Tik
Race: Thri-Kreen

Appearance: Standing above an average human at 6'4" this mantis woman stands with a wide stance and a gun in each of her four hands. Her dark brown wide-brimmed hat and long coat looks good on her dark green exoskeleton. Around her neck she wears a translator that looks like a harmonica that was stuck on a wire. It is meant to translate her clicks into speech recognizable to most races. It looks like it is already damaged and is being held together by duct tape. Floating behind her is a small metal orb named Weech. Weech is a recon drone Tik-Tik bought to aid in her hunts. While useful, Weech tends to be arrogant and mischievous. While Weech would never put Tik-Tik in life threatening peril, he does get her into a lot of trouble for his own amusement. He may or may not be worth the strife.

Biography: Tik-Tik comes from a planet of spiritualistic bounty hunters, shamans and warring tribes of nomads. It was the bounty hunter aspect that appealed to her when she was young, as it was one of the few ways her people left to travel the stars. She was still just a kid when she stowed away on a human transport ship picking up rare resources and shuttling them off to a nearby Barnavan colony. People found her strange, even as far as aliens go, and treated her as an outcast. It was worse still since she couldn't afford a translator. She stole some clothes so that she could appear more relatable, but it didn't change people's perception. It took her several years to gather enough money to supply her first hunt, so she had to resort to theft for a long time. It was by sheer fortune that she caught her first bounty. One day as she was huddled up in some desolate alley way, a man trying to escape the local police. She blindsided him in a desperate effort to mug him, and was rewarded in the missunderstanding. Thanks to that, she was able to buy some gear and go after tougher targets. She was finally a proper bounty hunter. Now she feels she's ready to finally move from just one planet to the stars themselves.

Combat Class: Ranged

Inventory: 4 standard laser pistols (1d4 energy damage each. Each has a self recharging battery that can store enough energy for 6 shots. Each shot takes a minute to recharge.)
1 translator
1 hat
1 long coat
1 Weech
300 Gp

Stats/Perks:
STR 10 +(0)
DEX 15 +(2)
CON 12 +(1)
INT 10 +(0)
WIS 13 +(1)
CHA 10 +(0)

Natural Armor: Provides a light armor bonus when not wearing real armor
Four Arms: 2 extra arms that can use weapons
Caffeine Sickness: Due to being an insect, caffeine functions like alchohol. Too much can still be fatal.
Forbidden Romance: Thanks to some weird rumor about female thri-kreen eating the heads of their mates (Tik-Tik has no idea where this started), Tik-Tik has a harder time finding long term relationships outside of her species.
devilbird

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:44 am

Seems solid to me, can pm me if you're curious about the campaign itself. Won't be up for mich longer though and have work in the morning so can't guarantee too many more replies for the next few hours.
TheUnknown

Postby devilbird » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:07 am

Our personal plot depends on the group everyone builds, yes? So I'll save my questions for when we have more players. Thanks though.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Is this still needing players? I might pitch in with a monk I made for a failed 5e session, which I can probably convert to this ruleset if need be.
Ocfos

Postby VintageBass » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Well I am pondering myself of doing a 5e campaign down the line, but if this is offering something I could throw my hat into the ring.

Now, do I go with the holstaur paladin or run a completely new character?
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 pm

There's always more openings here and with any luck will have this started by the end of the day. So far I'm pretty much starting this like a 1on1 with a player who is already set and either adding in people to join her party or go about the galaxy on there own with the chance of running into her or others. Anyone who has done or even seen anything about my games knows how much I love the sandbox style, but this is almost like a literal sandbox in regard to players being here. It's not an MMO, but just a MO. Monks are always fun with heals and great unarmed damage and a surprisingly diverse range of paladin like characters that can be built, but to explain all of that would take a pretty long story. Always open to pms or replies here if either of you have further questions.
TheUnknown

Re: The Roads We Take (New players still welcome)

Postby Lynxy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:19 am

Name: Sirpa
Race: AI
Appearance: Other than a few external components like the series of candy apple red cables running a line down the back of her head, the exposed servos and protective plates on her recoil compensating right arm, and her obviously synthetic right leg (a cheaper replacement) she appears to be a normal, healthy human woman in her mid twenties. Well, if normal, healthy women had softly glowing red eyes. Being built on a combat chassis means that while she may have perky, if rather insensitive, breasts she didn't come equipped with any of the bells or whistles that might keep her from just being "smooth down there." However, there are all kinds of upgrades out there on the market for those with the desire to interact more... intimately... with their robots. With some money and motivation she might persue more functionality.

Biography: Sirpa is a piece of an AI crystal wired into a robot and on a mission to rescue the rest of itself from being abused as a codebreaker in the galaxy's shady underworlds. There is not enough processing power in Sirpa to brute force her way past heavy encryption like the AI she's derived from can, but she still has an aptitude for getting past lesser security measures and reprogramming unsecured devices.
Combat Class: Ranged
Inventory: 1 concealed superposed load/breach loading shotgun housed inside her left arm [4 magazine] (1d6)
PP-3000 compact PDW [20+1 magazine](semi-1d4=1round auto-1d6=3rounds).
Clothes
1000gp
Stats/Perks:
STR 10 +(0)
DEX 14 +(2)
CON 12 +(1)
INT 13 +(1)
WIS 11 +(0)
CHA 10 +(0)
Calculating Mind; +2 to all attempts to interact with computers.
Synthetic body; immune to most drugs and poisons. Does not require sleep.
Alien mind; i don't know how to word it, but it seems likely that her unusual mental architecture would make things like reading her mind much more difficult. If that's even a possible thing.
Lynxy

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:27 am

Name: Garian Jorell
Race: Human
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Biography: Growing up, Garian was taught the art of combat by his father who served in the military. Instead of the traditional sword and shield, he preferred the use of two weapons, usually using one to defend and one to attack or both to attack. Wanting to explore more of the world, he packed his stuff, sheathed his two self-forged longswords, and ventured out for fame and fortune.
Combat Class: Melee
Inventory: Two longswords, medium, chainmail armor
Stats/Perks:
STR 10 +(4)
DEX 10 +(2)
CON 10 +(2)
INT 10 +(0)
WIS 10 +(0)
CHA 10 +(2)
10 points to put into the stats as you see fit
That_One_Guy

Postby TheUnknown » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:41 am

Once I stop feeling like death I'll add all of these new additions into the active folder. In the meantime still taking any questions anyone might have about the story, the lore, or the game in general.
TheUnknown

Postby TheUnknown » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:03 am

Alright so I've already started one road and am looking to start another if there are any takers. No telling if it might walk away from the first, collide with it, or perhaps through it.
TheUnknown

Postby devilbird » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm ready whenever you want me.
devilbird

Postby TheUnknown » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Alright I'll be in touch soon with the details
TheUnknown

Postby ZeroParadox » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:14 am

There room for an intergalactic smuggler type? Sad as it is I have yet been able to play a smuggler type character properly ever. This sandbox world sounds like a great opportunity to do just that.
ZeroParadox

Postby TheUnknown » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:40 am

There certainly is, so far we actively have a bounty hunter and a grey character on a personal quest. Hope to find some more potently aligned additions at some point, but never know where the road might take you. I got work in a few hours so can't guarantee how soon a reply can be, but you can be working together any ideas you might have for this character.

Also anyone else who has already posted can feel free to send me a pm about actually getting into the game. Not sure how many more players might fit on this current road comfortably, but nothing stopping another road from being formed.
TheUnknown

Postby ZeroParadox » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Awesome, I'll start cranking through some ideas and put together a backstory by tonight or tomorrow. I find that and coming up with a name the hardest parts of creating a new character. :lol:
ZeroParadox

Postby TheUnknown » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:45 pm

Back stories are easy when you have a general idea. Names are the real kicker. :)

Might suggest reading some of the faction info if you want some help with a back story. Might lead to one idea or another.
TheUnknown

Postby devilbird » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:28 am

I'll look forward to seeing your character. A smuggler and a bounty hunter could only be the best of friends. :D
devilbird

Postby ZeroParadox » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:27 am

Name: Derek Robinson Friday
Race: Promethean
Appearance:
Derek is what some would call attractive.. for a human. Short messy brown hair, steel grey eyes and a clean shaven face that typically wears an expression of mild amusement. His wardrobe is typically clean, and to a knowledgeable observer; tailored and of higher quality fabrics found in Barnova. Over his clothing he wears his favorite dark red duster that is worn but well taken care of.

Biography:

Derek, 'Call me Friday', was raised not knowing his parents after an attack in the inky black of space took the lives of his parents. Named and raised by humans since infancy Derek has no way of knowing he was born a Promethean. He lived well and even ended up with a decent job in Barnova, but such a life couldn't last if he wanted to keep any shred of dignity. Dealing with the cartels that ruled the business-world was becoming too dangerous and degrading, so Friday chose to take his destiny into his own hands.

Quietly liquidating his assets he invested in a small freighter and payed some friendly techies he knew at the time to modify it. With this fast and nimble vessel, named 'The Last Chance' because he couldn't think up a better name for it, he slowly carves out his career as an intergalactic smuggler. He accepts jobs smuggling goods to avoid taxes and trade blockades, legal transport of goods if the profit is decent(or if there aren't other jobs available) and passengers who either can't afford/use legal transport or just need to get somewhere quickly.

And if the passenger happens to be an attractive female he might politely offer her another way to pay for the trip.

Combat Class: Magic

Inventory:
Standard sidearm(never used, it's for looks)
Wand(tucked away in a wrist holster)

Stats/Perks:
STR 10 +(0)
DEX 10 +(1)
CON 10 +(0)
INT 10 +(5)
WIS 10 +(1)
CHA 10 +(3)

Edit: This is usually a part of the character sheet, so:

Likes: smaller women(his height and shorter), some humanoid alien species
Turn Ons: smaller breasts(up to a C), human-like women with exotic features(ie. cat/pointed ears, tail)
Turn Offs: violence, typical disgusting stuff, male on male, futa
(Probably quite incomplete. Will edit as necessary.)
Last edited by ZeroParadox on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroParadox

Postby Lynxy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Mybe you should clarify the stats. Do we get 10 points of bonus or 10 points to distribute for a dnd style bonus of +1 for every 2 points above 10? I'm seeing sheets done both ways.
Lynxy

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character