Deslin Penitentiary: Apex Security Prison OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Deslin Penitentiary: Apex Security Prison OOC

Postby NightsTMB » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Setting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Deslin in the near future prison based in Earth's orbit to house the worst humanity has to offer. The prison is broken down into two sections, The Ring, and Column. The Ring houses the inmates, and is broken down into 8 cell blocks, A-H blocks (being in your home block gives +1 defense), and is connected to the center of the Column. The Column houses guards, armory, control center, ect, ect,. The column is off limits to inmates, not saying that they can't sneak in, with exception to The Pit, the point where the Ring connects with the Column, it was meant to be a gym, and rec center, but has turned into a chaotic stomping ground.

Factions:

Inmates: Pretty self explanatory
Guards: Also pretty self explanatory

Perks:

I wanted to come up with more perks, but due to excessive Overwatching I didn't.
Inmate Perks:
Assassin: 10-12 crit range, - 2 defense
Berserker: + 3 defense on crit rolls, - 3 defense for three turns
Nothing To Lose: fear check vs attackers, limited to 30 turns until character is executed. Fear check is increased over time 4 for first ten turns, 6 for the second, and 8 for last.
Shiv: on use +2 offense +11-12 crit range for one turn, -3 defense vs guards for three turns, five turn cool down.

Guard Perks:
Riot Gear: immunity to crit range modifiers, - 2 offensive rolls.
Back Up: on use +3 defense vs inmates for one turn, + fear check vs defending inmates for three turns, cool down five turns.
Loose Cannon: roll a third die 1, or 6, auto crits, +2 crit range on incoming attacks.
Captain of The Guard: this is a unique perk, there is only one CoTG at a time, this perk can change hands through any means you can come up with, and is the only perk without a down side, I'll assign this perk to a random guard after character sheets are up, but before the game starts. +2 defense/offense vs inmates, + 8 fear check vs attacking guards

Combat:

Attacking: roll two dice to determine your attack value then add modifiers.
Defending: same as attacking, but a winning defensive roll turns into an attacking roll.
Crit Rolls: default crit range is 12, after a successful crit roll, both players roll again if the attacker wins again the defender is subject to every whim of the attacker for 5 turns. Crit range can be hit from either defense or offense, the only exception is with modified range (example an attacker rolls 11, and a defender with assassin roll 10, normal 11 beats crit 10)
Winning a Conflict: +4 defense for three turns
Losing a Conflict: this debuff is relative to the losing roll, and the number of turns is always equal to the debuff (example attacker rolls 10, defender rolls 5, debuff is -5 defense for five turns, next turn -4 for four turns, until recovery

Character Sheet:

Name:
Alias:
Perk:
Cell block: if inmate
Bio: as detailed or sparse as you wish
Appearance: see above

I'm terrible at describing things, so if anything is unclear just yell at me to clarify.
NightsTMB

Re: Deslin Penitentiary: Apex Security Prison OOC

Postby NightsTMB » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Here's my character sheet, I apologize this isn't very descriptive, but I'm not feeling entirely creative, and forced a bit of this.

Name: Deric Roen
Alias: Raiken
Sex: Male
Faction: Inmate
Perk: Assassin
Cell Block: C
Bio: Deric grew up homeless and on his own, picking pockets to get by. He was adopted by, and taken under the wing of a master thief and assassin, and lived in the lap of luxury after a successful career. His last job ended up botched, and Deric ended up captured, tortured, and blinded by his target, who also pulled a few string to have Deric spend the rest of his days in Deslin.
Appearance: Deric is biracial and light brown skin, slender, short black graying hair. He's dressed in the typical rags, and tattered clothes of inmates, with a few scraps wrapped around his eyes.
NightsTMB

Postby exalted » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:57 am

Name: <<ERROR>> <<DATA CORRUPTED>>
Alias: Jane Doe
Faction: Inmate
Perk: Shiv
Cell block: Cell Block C
Bio:
Jane Doe's file says she has a life sentence without parole, the rest of the file is corrupted, because that is all the guards need to know.

Jane Doe is not her real name, just the name given to a lost soul no one will look for. The tattoos on her back and arms would suggest a military background, rangers, special forces.

If you asked, Jane would say she was innocent, she got screwed by a lawyer. She wouldn't tell you of a botched operation in a place her team shouldn't have been. She wouldn't tell you of being scapegoated to protect a misogynistic, incompetent officer.

Jane wouldn't tell you any of this, because that is not her. That was someone else, a person with another name, a person with parents, sisters, nephews and nieces... people who could be hurt if she wasn't just Jane Doe.

Appearance:

exalted

Postby Vhexo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:33 am

Is this free to join or already fixed?
Vhexo

Postby NightsTMB » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Free join, but I've given up hope on it, so feel free to take the reigns on it.
NightsTMB

Return to Out of Character