Adventures in the land of Berra. (Behind the story)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Adventures in the land of Berra. (Behind the story)

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu May 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Also, Zankio. I found this picture of Auri. She apparently has a somewhat naughty side to her.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Zankio » Thu May 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Oh yes, I followed the artist for her after I came across some wallpapers I had liked and I also fully plan on utilizing that side heehee. She is Kaleina by Ricegnat, there's also a few comic pages for her as well.

I'm also basing her fondness for lightning magic around this image as well.

Zankio

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu May 26, 2016 6:37 pm

Nice.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Thu May 26, 2016 7:09 pm

So that's what elves look like in Berra?

Er, hey FF, there's no celibacy rule for clerics, right?
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu May 26, 2016 8:22 pm

ZeroParadox Wrote:So that's what elves look like in Berra?

Er, hey FF, there's no celibacy rule for clerics, right?

Elves can look a lot different. Due to the many genetics blended together there is no precise model for any of the races besides specific traits, like pointy ears, skin color or animal traits.

Some other examples of Elves would be:

ImageImageImageImage

And no, there are no rules for celibacy for clerics. If anything, people in powerful roles are encouraged to have children to secure good genes for future generations. And since children tend to follow their families career choice, it usually does result in more powerful 'heroes' and such whenever it does happen. Most powerful Paladins are for example born from families where either one or both parents were paladins as well.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Thu May 26, 2016 8:41 pm

So, in Berra actual power(magical and physical) are more coveted than semi-tangible to intangible power(wealth and political)?
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu May 26, 2016 8:51 pm

If any of you wish to see pictures for any of the other races, just tell me.

As for your question Zero, political power is still something worth pursuing, but genetics are definitely highly sought after. (Face it, most female characters are going to be attractive in one way or another, that puts genetics in a pretty good light appearance wise, just about the same thing went with strength and magic.) So yeah, it wasn't really selective breeding by any chance, but something along those lines happened and the future was better of for it, so people try to keep the trend up and have more than one kid to improve the chances of a good gene pool is a common practice as well. So most families have several children.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Interesting. Just so you know, I'm probably going to have a list of questions for you by the time i get home from work. Hope you don't mind.

But I think I have one question people may ask. What about relationships between races? What's the social reaction to that? And can they have children?
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu May 26, 2016 10:29 pm

Society was united by humans, and when the other races truly joined together with them, they all tried to keep their species as close as possible. So any race is pretty much welcome anywhere besides in some secluded villages that want to be left alone and isolated. They are far and few in between but they do exist. However, that's more due to other reasons than racism/speciesm. And yes, any two races can have children. It was discovered long ago that children between any two races can be born as long as the two partners share true love with each other. If there is no love between the two mates, a child can't be born unless they're from the same species. (There are reasons for this, but in game no-one has figured it out yet. And also yes, when I say ANY two species can have children together as long as it's true love, I do mean ANY. Like a human truly loving a dog, and the dog loving them back in the same way could conceive a child together. People of this world have long since accepted it, so while they'd see such a family as weird, they wouldn't judge, since it was true love after all. Love potions can not be used for the same effect.)
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 am

Interesting... I'll admit it makes me assume some traits of the world, but not bad ones. :)

Question, would Maxwell know anything about the layout of the slaver base? And for this scenario with Ayla would he know where equipment and/or clothes are store?
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri May 27, 2016 7:41 am

ZeroParadox Wrote:Interesting... I'll admit it makes me assume some traits of the world, but not bad ones. :)

Question, would Maxwell know anything about the layout of the slaver base? And for this scenario with Ayla would he know where equipment and/or clothes are store?

Maxwell knows next to nothing about the layout of this place. He was brought in while asleep and spent most of his time in his cell. His patients were brought to him. The only layout he knows about is the one he's already explored. He can however assume that the door close to his cell is a sure way out, just not what's behind it.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Fri May 27, 2016 7:52 am

That's fair. Then, how about knowing transfiguration magic? Say he's been ability so far to transfigure scraps into clean bandages to tend to the prisoners?
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri May 27, 2016 1:51 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU***********KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Was about to upload the Knight and the 10 lands lore. Unfortunately I had apparently been logged out while writing them so it just told me to log in and I lost what I had written because I forgot to copy it first. I'm currently pretty pissed about it and not in the mood to write it all again. I'll do it, but not right now...
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Randomizer4 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:52 pm

*hugs* Sorry to hear that
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby ZeroParadox » Fri May 27, 2016 6:32 pm

I can sympathize, FF. Whether it's my internet dropping connection out here in the rural county or mashing the wrong button while posting from my mobile phone, I have experienced your pain. Take a breather.

But I will say this. Sometimes, just like when I have to reload a save in Fallout 4 because of epic bullet ridden death or I missed the water(ah, that's shallow water!), the second go has turned out better.
ZeroParadox

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 pm

ZeroParadox Wrote:I can sympathize, FF. Whether it's my internet dropping connection out here in the rural county or mashing the wrong button while posting from my mobile phone, I have experienced your pain. Take a breather.

But I will say this. Sometimes, just like when I have to reload a save in Fallout 4 because of epic bullet ridden death or I missed the water(ah, that's shallow water!), the second go has turned out better.

Let me just say it has been happening a lot to me lately. And on that note, that wasn't the first time with this lore...
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Fri May 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Well, it's happened to me enough that now I have the habit of selecting everything I've typed and copying it to the clipboard(shortcut key Ctrl-C) before hitting the Post button. That's saved my sanity a few times.
ZeroParadox

Postby Zankio » Fri May 27, 2016 8:41 pm

ZeroParadox Wrote:Well, it's happened to me enough that now I have the habit of selecting everything I've typed and copying it to the clipboard(shortcut key Ctrl-C) before hitting the Post button. That's saved my sanity a few times.

Same for me, though sometimes (If you're lucky) I've managed to recover by simply pressing back before logging in and it'll save what I've written. Then I copy it and relogin and finish posting it. But I also got into the habit of writing my posts in a notepad or other application that's easier save drafts/work on over time. And then pasting it into a post.
Zankio

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri May 27, 2016 8:48 pm

ZeroParadox Wrote:Well, it's happened to me enough that now I have the habit of selecting everything I've typed and copying it to the clipboard(shortcut key Ctrl-C) before hitting the Post button. That's saved my sanity a few times.

My intention is to always do that. But sometimes, you get distracted or just simply forget...
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby ZeroParadox » Fri May 27, 2016 8:54 pm

Zankio Wrote:Same for me, though sometimes (If you're lucky) I've managed to recover by simply pressing back before logging in and it'll save what I've written. Then I copy it and relogin and finish posting it. But I also got into the habit of writing my posts in a notepad or other application that's easier save drafts/work on over time. And then pasting it into a post.

Heh, the notepad works well for organized minds. I am one of those afflicted with the curse of ADD and as such my attempts at organizing end up a mess. :lol:

Fantasy Fanatic Wrote:My intention is to always do that. But sometimes, you get distracted or just simply forget...

This, too! I feel your pain, FF.
ZeroParadox

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character