Classical Fantasy Roleplay recruitment!

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Classical Fantasy Roleplay recruitment!

Postby Randomizer4 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Having been adviced that no one reads the actual roleplay discussion thread, I will just shamelessly copy paste here:

Hey everyone...

So a long time ago I was bored so I drew a map, and then came up with a lore surrounding it and in my mind I kept adding ideas and stuff. So I wondered if people would be interested in rp'ing in this world.

I haven't decided on rules and stuff yet but I'll give you guys a brief summary of the world:

The world is basically based on a mix between high-fantasy and the classical age. There are civilisations based on Greek, Roman, Carthaginian, (Punic for the history buffs), High-Elven and Dwarven cultures. (Also there are Orcs and Centaurs as well, including some other monsters/species)

I'm too lazy to give a description of each and every place just yet, and if demand is high I'll copy my old map to MS paint :)

The world I've set up offers a lot of opportunities for a lot of different playstyles. If you want to do classic dungeoncrawling, that is possible. There is an emerging evil. If you however just want to roam around a Nurosian Federation city or fight as a phalanx soldier in the Grand Rokandian army, you're welcome. If anyone is interested, tell me and I'll put more work in it and open a seperate recruitment thread.

Edit: one person was already interested, so you don't have to worry about being first

Started writing some lore:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The Nurosian federation is a loose decentralised union of city states up and down the southern and

western coast of the continent and on several islands. They are traders by heart and are the

uncontested rulers of the ocean! From the great port city of Yranos, the trade network of the

Nurosians spans the known world. The council of 100 makes sure the needs of every federation

member is satisfied, and trade is allowed to flourish. Slavery thrives in the federation, and Nurosian

merchants go to great lengths (even trading with orc tribes) to find exotic and valuable slaves to fill

the needs of the refined tastes of the wealthy and perverted across the globe. If you are a Nurosian

yourself, and a free citizen and live in one of the port-cities, you are probably a sailor, a dockworker

or associated with the naval trade in some other fashion. Although the federation has a small

standing army, it relies on its deep pockets to hire mercenaries against all who are jealous of its

wealth!
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Re: Classical Fantasy Roleplay recruitment!

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Wed May 18, 2016 7:54 am

If you create a character sheet, I'll throw my character up on here.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Re: Classical Fantasy Roleplay recruitment!

Postby Randomizer4 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:03 pm

I might when I recover from the Maths final here. It was an agony.
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Return to Out of Character