40K - Infestation (Currently open)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: 40K - Infestation (Currently open)

Postby exalted » Fri May 20, 2016 8:15 am

So 99% of something doesn't count? :?

IG are far from cannon fodder in many cannon works and only ever appear so when the SMs arrive or are the focus of the piece.

Saying is the bolter is standard infantry weapon because it appears as a pintle on most vehicles is like saying the Browning M2 .50cal machinegun is the standard infantry weapon of NATO armies because it's seen on all their vehicles. No, it is not.
exalted

Postby Gorbaz » Fri May 20, 2016 8:23 am

Flack armour is actually quite effective against shrapnel based weaponry. It's just not very good against lasers, solid slug rounds, missiles, plasma, and pissed-off beetles.

Also - fell asleep while trying to post! I'll do what I did yesterday and get the bios sent to my work email, write intro posts there, then put up later on
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:13 am

Sometimes the IG does use harsh conscription laws to get Probatus soldiers (I think), amd they are usually not treated that well, but on average I'd say an IG soldier is treated as well as a modern soldier is. And it takes some damn balls to stand against chaos, orks, necrons, 'nidz, dark eldar, eldar, plasma spammers etc. As an ordinary human! (Ok, the commissars make everyone braver but still)

Soviet music and IG fit well together: https://youtu.be/8JR2CU4ApCI
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby Gorbaz » Fri May 20, 2016 1:37 pm

I would like to pint you to the Imperial Guardsman's Primer, which is probably responsible for them standing up to everything. It basically says that every alien in the galaxy is a wimp, and can be defeated by a bayonet with some guts behind it. It is recruitment propaganda, and part of the reason that Guardsmen have such high morality rates - they believe it!
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Battle 1: "It says here that eldar use outdated weaponry, let's stomp them under our imperial boots''
Battle 2: ''If those shurikens scratch you, you're death, better be carefull''
Battle 3: ''I think our odds of surviving are better when risking the commissar''
Battle 4: ''Yaay, I got promoted because all my officers died''
Battle 5: ''Yes New Guys, everything in the primer is true, don't worry, if you keep your wits about you and praise the emprah, you'll live, easily.''

And yuh, I got the primer as an item especially for that reason xD
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby Gorbaz » Sun May 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Sorry - got caught up in stuff here. I'll do what I did before and write a post while at work and put it up when I get home tomorrow
Gorbaz

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon May 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Name: Dakauz Ugnob (nicknamed 'Bomba' for... obvious reasons)
Race: ORK ORK ORK!!!
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Background: Dakauz wasn't always the eight-foot Nob he is today, in fact he started off relatively small for an ork, but with a 'kunnin' and curiosity rarely seen among orks, even amongst the Blood Axe Clan he belongs to. He used that cunning to win fights against otherwise tougher orks leading to his current size, and that curiosity to find out new ways of doing things that no orks thought of before. Now he considers himself one of the favored of Mork and is always on the lookout for the cunningest way of killing his enemies. His particular favorite, main due to the loot it got him, was when he headbutted a chaos marine to distract him from the Stikkbomb he was tossing beneath the marine's legs, and pretended to be stunned so the marine would stay still and try and wack him rather then moving and potential noticing the bomb on the ground. Needless to say he also learned a valuable lesson about setting off bombs mere feet away from you. However, after being sown back together by a Painboy, he had a shiny new 'Power Choppa' to show for it.

With Power Choppa firmly in hand and growing to a substantial size, Dakauz finally could call himself a Nob, though he didn't act like one, constantly bullying those smaller then him. Mainly this was to do with he had better things to do rather then any sort of benevolence on his part, as he is still happy to put any upstart ork in his place but is busy trying to perfect his "WAAAAGH!" in his mind and can't be bothered in dealing with every ork that gets even the slightest bit uppity. Those that do sufficiently piss him off tends to find themselves suddenly blow to little pieces when they least expect it. Those that just get in his way or he needs a git to test something he'll happily slap around with the flat of his 'Power Choppa' until they will comply.

Being a Kommando, as is the way of Mork(And don't let him hear you say otherwise), he spends quite a bit of time sneaking around, often sneaking over to the 'umies to see what they are up to and how the act, so he might better understand how wage the best "WAAAAGH!" yet. During this he managed to pick up Low Gothic, both in written and spoken, though he much prefers his native orkish variant. With that said he has conversed with humans before, typically started when he decided they are too puny to put up a good fight and when they are too stunned by the sudden appearance of a Nob behind them. He usually interrogates his target on whatever has caught his fancy that day, and if sufficiently amused will leave the poor sot alone, though if he finds this person isn't able to sate his curiosity to his satisfaction, he'll squish the 'umie to get at least some satisfaction out of the interaction.

Stats:
Weapon Skill: 6
Ballistic Skill: -1 (0-1 Race)
Strength: 5
Toughness: 6 (5+1 Race)
Willpower: 2
Health: 14

Skills:
Kunnin'(Stealth 3): Despite being an eight foot tall Nob, Dakauz is surprisingly good at going unseen and sneaking up on people, or disappearing if the fight isn't going as well as he might hope.
Kunnin' Fightin'(Dodge 2): Having to not wear armor due to that noise, Dakauz came up with the ingenuous(For an ork) idea of defending himself by not getting hit, which he does by any means, shoving off balance, dodging, even parrying, or throwing dirt in someone's eyes.
If it glows, I makez itz explodez: While Dakauz is no Mekboy, he does have enough orkish understanding of mechanics to rig pretty much anything with a power source into a bomb, much to the dismay of many a tech priests who have on more then one occasion been tasked in undoing his mess. His favorite tactic is to rig a capture vehicle... or just an ork vehicle he bullied a git into giving to the cause, usually making it nice and orky then have someone, possible the poor git he bullied, drive up to something he doesn't like and watch that something no long be in one piece.
Gear:
Weapons:
Power Choppa!(Double-headed power axe, 3 points)
Slugga(Cobbled together explosive-ballistic pistol, 2 points)
Armour: None, De 'umies 'earz me comin' wiv metal bitz on me.
Miscellaneous:
Stikkbombz
Stunbombz
Meltabombz(Stolen of course)
Cash: HA! 'Umies an' dere shiny bitz! All Orkz need iz teef.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Randomizer4 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:52 pm

Okay I cracked up from reading your description, this'll be good :)

Randomizer4

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon May 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks, I put a lot of work into him to make him right orky.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Gorbaz » Mon May 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Indeed! And approved. As I said, I'll work on everyone else's posts before I pop off for naps tonight
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Yaay! Also, creepy dark-eldar! Chaos and dark-eldar are probably the only races in most of mainstream fiction in which all those grotesque acts would be canon xS

Randomizer4

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon May 23, 2016 10:12 pm

In no small part due to Slaanesh because Slaanesh.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Randomizer4 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 pm

If the warp was real I'm sure this forum would have been enough hedonism and corruption to also have created her.

Randomizer4

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed May 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Speakin' ov Orkz, I'z found dis fing: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/%22Da_Tragedy_ ... -boss-pole
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby lilgrunt1 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:35 pm

is there any more room ?
lilgrunt1

Postby Randomizer4 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:39 pm

If poor Gorbaz is up for it :P

Randomizer4

Postby lilgrunt1 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm thinking of making a incubus or tech priestess or my old sororita
what would you all recommend?
lilgrunt1

Postby Gorbaz » Sun May 29, 2016 7:20 pm

There's quite a lot for my brain to keep up with already, but if you want a second character, that can be done.

By the by, waiting on Sundance. If I don't see anything by the end of the bank holiday, I'll put up a post for everyone else
Gorbaz

Postby lilgrunt1 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:40 pm

I think I'll keep it down to one for now

Unless you'll allow me.
lilgrunt1

Postby Gorbaz » Mon May 30, 2016 8:19 am

No no, you want a second, and that is fine. Don't want to go stifling anyone's creativity :D
Gorbaz

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character