40K - Infestation (Currently open)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: 40K - Infestation (Currently open)

Postby Gorbaz » Mon May 16, 2016 7:55 am

That's cool. It's because I wrote the post at work before you had posted, and had to edit it after
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Hey there Gorbaz! Would you mind me joining in? I'm not a 40k buff in any sense, but I'm somewhat familiar with the lore and stuff! Seeing as we have none right now, would you mind me playing as an imperial guardsman (I guess someone like a sergeant would at least be somewhat appropriate (any input would be nice, as this will be my first rp ever on this forum (excited!))

'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby Gorbaz » Tue May 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Sure, seems fine to me. Does mean it will take longer for me to get out the GM posts with 9 people to write for XD

On Rolland's Respite there is a very large contingent of the Planetary Defence Force, which is basically akin to the Guard. A lot of Guard regiments get pulled from the PDF, unless the local gangs prove more deadly.

Speaking of posting as well, didn't get alot of time at work to write stuff. I'll re-read everything tonight, and try to get a post out for everyone tomorrow
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Thanks, I'll read up on some equipment, and get a character sheet and background done asap!:)
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby Randomizer4 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Name: Dariel Atellus
Race: Human, native to Rollard's Respite
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Human_imperial_guard.jpg
Name: Dariel Atellus

Background: Dariel's father died when Dariel was still a kid, when the PDF raided the local orcs. The battle was won, but his father's body was mangled so badly that his comrades spared his family the horror of having to see it. They managed to give the family one of their most prized possessions back though, a family heirloom, passed through generations inside the Atellus family. It was an elaborate dagger, set with a red gemstone of some kind and with strange runes carved into the blade. Dariel would always keep it as a reminder of his father. His mother raised him to be a dutiful and pious citizen of the colony, and when he was old enough, Dariel enlisted in the PDF. A natural shot, high determination and a tactful mind made sure he got promoted into the imperial guard proper soon enough. In the guard Dariel served only one battle, a gruelling attack against an Ork warboss aiming to start a Waagh! in the sector. The Emperor had a different fate in mind for Dariel though, as the governor of his home system grew worried, as nobles often do, of intrigue. The Eclessiarchy was increasing her activity on the planet, indeed, in the entire sector. The governor wanted to counter this by strengthening the planetary defence forces on planets like Rollard's Respite. So the governor's advisors picked men from those planets with spotless records, promoted them to sergeants, made sure they were loyal to the governor personally (a somewhat higher pay and death threats were enough) and sent them off to their new assignments... (I hope this is about right, I at least hear that struggles between the emperor's church and the well imperial government were frequent, and I thought this would be a nice plothook)

Stats:
Weapon Skill: 3
Ballistic Skill: 8
Strength: 3
Toughness: 4
Willpower: 4
Health: 10

Skills: weapon focus: las rifle
Exceptional attribute: 2x BS 1x TO 1x Will
Gear:
Weapons: Las rifle+bayonet
Armour: Carapace Armour
Miscellaneous: family heirloom: this dagger is surely not heretical or psychic in anyway... If only the wearer had any knowledge of such things.
Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer: invaluable knowledge, surely.
Surveyor type Auspex sensor: There is something moving and it ain't us!

Cash: About what you'd expect from a guardsman.

Hope this is about okay :) tell me if I need to make any modifications

Randomizer4

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu May 19, 2016 3:39 pm

What no ork characters yet? Well we can't have that... just need to perfect it before posting... should be fun!
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby MelissaB » Thu May 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Oi Gorbaz... ya mind not forgetting me?
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Greenskins *spits on the ground* thought I smelled something...

Randomizer4

Postby Gorbaz » Thu May 19, 2016 6:45 pm

I was having a block! I've posted for mostly everyone now....
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:48 pm

*shyly raises his hand* Have you noticed my character Gorbaz-senpai? If you don't know what to write yet that is okay too!

Randomizer4

Postby Gorbaz » Thu May 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Yes, Randonizer, I have. Yours and Hazards. I didn't have time at work today to write something for you, so I'll work on it this evening and put up a second post just for you! Unless Sallin gets an Ork done first, in which case it will be a 3-way post :D
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Yaay~ I've been listening to a bit of ArchWarhammer videos on youtube and it is hilarious. (Tau indoctrination is scary, it reminds me of Brave New World combined with 1984 xD)

Randomizer4

Postby Sundance » Thu May 19, 2016 8:02 pm

There is no thing as Tau indoctrination!!! The Fishpeople are friends and the ethereals are our double plus-good big brothers
Sundance

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Freedom of thought is not optimal for the greater good... Why would you need freedom of thought when the ethereals know it better?

Randomizer4

Postby Gorbaz » Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Give up your freedom of self for the greater good of all. Seems reasonable to me :D
Gorbaz

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Idk, something in my human self resists... Like the imperium is one of the weird twisted ways in which humanity could evolve... But I can still recognize humanity in it. The Tau Empire might be a great place to live as far as 40k goes, and their philosophy is kinda nice. But they both feel meh. And I love 40k for making everything so ambiguous and gey!

Randomizer4

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri May 20, 2016 2:23 am

Gey? Insinuating that His Angels of Death have homosexual relationships with each other is heresy, you know? Punishable by summary *blam*-ing. Now, Sisters of Battle on the other hand... ;)

And don't even dare to think that way about vile xenos, however sexy those Eldar witches look! Even if they insist they are tired of wraithboners and are looking for virile humans, it's just a devious plot to get less-than-loyal Imperial guardsmen (and women) out of their supremely effective wet cardboardflak armor!
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 am

To be fair to the flak armor, I'm sure it's highly effective compared to modern armor, but when the standard sidearm is firing rocket propelled explosive 1 inch rounds... Well, something a normal human can tot around just isn't enough.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby exalted » Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 am

The bolter is not the standard firearm of the Imperium, that would be the Lasgun. Fluff wise the bolter is meant to be quite rare and expensive (thus why SM are use them and are meant to rarely turn up to conflicts as well). Just because SMs are the cash cow for GW and appear so frequently on the table top doesn't mean they are the average (sorry, pet gripe of mine for some time with current and past rulesets).

Also Tau are closer to skinks and geckos than Fish (I once had to sit through a Tau player lecturing me on this)

And Tau are far from the good guys of the universe, they just put a nice coat of white paint over the evil. The whole do we what we say or die thing is right there alongside the slavery of alien races. Saying it's for the "greater good" is like starting a sentence with "I'm not rascist but...", it's always bad. (Sorry pet hate of mine, too much time spent dealing with too many dumb fanboys when Tau first came out and dumb teenagers never bothered to read between the lines before spouting their mouths off about Tau being the good guys of the game. No, they were just as evil or worse in many situations.... sorry, rant over)
exalted

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri May 20, 2016 7:59 am

Imperial guardsmen are cannon fodder, they don't count. And as you say they are the mainstay of the space marines, chaos and otherwise, they are the primary anti-infantry weapon on vehicles unless you are going more of the flamers route, not to mention Orks weapons are essentially bolters most of time if they don't just make something that otherwise can't be defined because... Ork.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character