The Numbered OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: The Numbered OOC WIP

Postby Nobudi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:41 am

Name: Hina Plaine
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

d15d1f8fafdb6e7812c69921d691b208.jpg

Class: Marksman
Preferred Weapon: Flintlock pistol, Flintlock Revolver, Balanced Knives (x7)

Bio:

Hina was a bastard child of an... altercation between her noble mother and her wanderer father. Since most of her family shunned her, she ended up being raised on the road by her father, who was a wondering scholar. Hina had been surrounded by learning experiences everywhere, as books and languages became the friends on which she would rely on until she became an official student. Every new piece of literature was a new experience she could build on. Folk lore, history, legends, the art of pyromancy, animals and plants and even fiction, she read as much as she could. However, her father became a wanderer because his mindset was different, and considered by some of his colleagues as a dangerous thought process.

He believed that one should look at the past, and of tradition, as merely things to draw knowledge from, to be discarded once they served their purpose no longer. The only way humans would survive is by moving forward while only looking back for reference. That mindset drive him away from many of his peers, but Hina was drawn into it. Hina had always dreamed of studying Pyromancy, but never could she, before hand, decide under which discipline to study under. One fateful day, she happened upon a pair of unusual guns whilst she was off searching for new books and information to discover. She was enamored with the craft, the design, the ease of use and the power they contained. With her father's blessing, she would end up enrolling in the academy under the school of the Marksman Ralshid, but not to study the traditional Pyromancy, but to study the weapons and powers they utilized and improve on them, for she believed that the path of the Gun was the future, that the key to ending the Endless night would lay there.

Spells: To be updated once your sheet is accepted.

Stats
Vitality: 1
Endurance: 5
Strength: 1
Intellect: 7
Wisdom: 5
Dexterity: 6
Agility: 5
Perception: 5

All stats start at 0, and cannot go past 10. You have 35 points to distribute.
Nobudi

Postby Argonaut » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:04 pm

My apologies for the long disappearance. Accepted, Nobudi.
A man of means, by no means.
Argonaut

Postby Steven kono » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 am

quick question, is everyone starting in seperate areas when we finally get down to a start or one centralized area?
back and trying to improve my rp and gm skills

I may not be the best or most competent forum rper here, heck far from it but I at least try to give my 100% and that is good enough for me.
Steven kono

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Name:Alistair Lassern
Appearance: Image
Class: Seer
Preferred Weapon: Silver Ash(Canesword/Cane)- A blade forged by his own flame with the hard wooden casing and handle sculpted and smoothed by his flame. A Seer came unto the flame, but what the seer creates with it are always an extension of himself. His mentor was clear on this as he passed down his knowledge to the other numbered. They were an extension of his mentor and as such they were students to his mentor just like him. An extension... this weapon would be the first amongst those he would touch with his reach.

Bio: The Seers, The first of the Numbered that hold the most unrestrained power among them. As fire would burn in its most raw form within the hands of the seer. Alistair had to learn what it meant to hold the fire in his hands. The raw destruction it could hold as well as the toll it would take to just use it. Without care fire... in its most raw can hurt those you care about. The biggest step his mentor had instructed him was peace of mind and in order to achieve this Alistair led a hermit's life. Ultimately trying to understand himself and what it means to hold the fire within his hands. He sighs audibly as the only contact he's ever had in this life is with his mentor and other necessary people he must talk to such as the other numbered as they visited his mentor. Just him and his thoughts. Books on history, written notes on pyromancy, and the few letters he sends to converse and communicate with the other Numbered. His mentor often encouraged Alistair to socialize. Once the life of solitude was over he would have to converse with others.

With time and practice he had several experiences with burning himself... fire is like that it burns those that touch and in time he's become accustomed to it dressing himself in wrapping limit the burns he would obtain with practice. the few pieces of armor he did ware were only there to protect vital areas of himself. This he had learn from the other numbered, "if you can't avoid a hit you best hope you can take it." Time seemed to pass quickly and without any means to know how long he's been within this solitude until the time it came for him to be welcomed into the world. Once he had found himself his mentor was the first to welcome him back. Open arms and a simple meal to enjoy with one another. To be known of what the student had learned his mentor asked "So... what burns within you?" A smile crept across Alistair's face as he spoke his answer.

Stats
Vitality: 4
Endurance: 3
Intelect: 7
Wisdom: 10
Dexterity: 3
Perception: 2
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Icaelus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Name: Audric Renward
Appearance:

Class: Knight
Preferred Weapon:
Solais, Audric's personal sword, forged for him on his coming-of-age birthday by the finest blacksmith in Gloria. No expense had been spared in the making of the sword and while it looks deceitfully simple, it can certainly hack right through lower graded metal armor with ease. A white sheen gleams on the blade's honed edge, the crest of the Renward family stamped on the base of the blade.
Renward's Crest, Audric, before he had left the house, had made sure to steal the personal shield of their forebear, Relthas. The round shield is embossed with the family crest of the Renward House and seems to have been very well-maintained even after so many years. Despite it's age, still a very sturdy, strong shield.

Bio:

"Lord Graham. The House of Renward stands by your side. Our blades are strong, their edges tempered by our resolves. Our hearts, stout and unyielding to the Shadowmen scourge. Each man you see here will not run, nor cower in fear in face of the dark. For as long we suffer the Night, we shall never truly be free. Lead us to victory, Graham. The flames in our hearts, they will burn bright this night."
Lord Relthas Renward, Before the Final Battle of the Endless Night.

House Renward. One of the few noble houses of old Gloria that survived the purge of humanity during the Endless Night, and also the Knight's biggest supporter. The family head at that time was a close and steadfast friend of the Knight Graham and had pledged his full support in each and every endeavor, their wills bound together. Relthas would perish during that final night, but his will lived on in his family. Capable leaders rose to don the mantle of Renward with each passing generation. Duke Remnus Renward was one of these men. Valorous in battle and a wise leader in peace, he ushered House Renward to new heights as family head. For him, duty came before anything else. Serving under the Knight of legend, Graham had been one of his boyhood dreams. Everything came second. Even family.

Those words were soon reconsidered when his wife of an arranged marriage, Mavis birthed him a son, Audric. From the moment he clapped eyes on the newborn, he had finally found something else in his life. Something else aside from his work. Audric was an extremely precocious child, toddling around after his father as soon as he had learnt to walk. By the age of five, he had seemed to inherit his father's love for the military, practicing his sword drills with a shortened practice blade and buckler. A chip off the old block, it seemed. Remnus couldn't be any prouder. Mavis and Remnus initially had little love for each other, their pairing being a tool of convenience for their families. They each had someone they loved at that point in their lives. Separation had not been easy for either of them..but each had their respective tasks. Remnus lost himself in his work, while Mavis established relations with other noble houses, gaining even more support for Lord Graham.
The birth of Audric spanned a bridge between the alienated couple. Even their lovemaking leading to the birth of Audric had been almost business-like, a complete dearth of romance. But with the new addition of their infant son, both of them might've seen a side of each other that they otherwise would've never found. Under Remnus' strict, militaristic attitude belied a caring father and eventually, a loving husband. Behind the cold, smiling mask that Mavis wore, a softer yet more childish side of her.
It was rather strange that they could only fall in love after Audric was born, wasn't it?

It was a prosperous, happy time for the small family, the years passing by quickly. Audric grew up under his father's strict guidance, tutoring him in both the art of war and close combat itself. The Duke had natural talent with the sword and he let no shred of that talent go to waste, honing his skills into a fine-tune edge over the years. As such, dueling his father proved to be no easy task. It would've been a good day if he had even managed to land a single blow on his father, receiving an absurd amount of bruises for his trouble. His mother could complain all she liked about going easy, but Audric always shrugged it off. Pain was a good teacher.
It was during this happy period that a long-coming tragedy finally arrived.
Mavis was sick. Diagnosed with a illness from birth, this particular malady would only intensify in strength as the afflicted grew older, slowly killing them from within. Mavis' days had been numbered from her very birth. It was part of the reason why Remnus had so quickly accepted this marriage. He would be fulfilling his obligations..and the woman would be gone in a matter of years, anyway. Oh, how he cursed himself now for thinking that way..
Bedridden due to the sudden intensification of her illness, Mavis' happy days were over from this point. Constant fits of pain kept her from getting much needed rest. Within half a year of this torment, the poor woman had all but given up on fighting the illness. Duke Remnus had been coming to see her less and less, the pain in his eyes all too evident each time he gazed upon her, a shadow of her former self. It was too much for the man to bear and soon, even the rare visit had stopped altogether. Her pillar of support, the man she loved most, had crumbled.
Days passed and she weakened even further. Audric could do little for her except be by her side. On her deathbed, she kept calling for her husband. A dying wish, simply to see her beloved Duke for the final time.

"I will bring him back. I promise."
Audric left his dying mother with those words said, his resolve hardening. He was now a grown man of eighteen years. The little boy from back then had matured into a fine, young man. Immediately harnessing the fastest of their estate's horses, the young noble practically ran the poor horse into the ground riding to the Duke's office where he knew his father spent his time cooped up in, once again loosing himself in his work. The man he had respected so much was afraid to face his dying wife. By the Numbers, he would drag him back to the house if he needed to.
To his great surprise when he arrived, a company of soldiers were standing by at the entrance to the office. The Duke was personally leading his men to quell a bandit camp, it seemed.
Official duty? Noblesse oblige? Excuses, excuses. He handily laid out the two guards that tried to bar him entry, stalking past them to enter his father's office. Before him stood Duke Remnus, clad in full battle gear, ready to ride out.
"Mother is dying, Father. Her last wish to to see you for the final time. Please, go to her."
Audric implored his father, only to be met with excuses. That he had to do his duty. That the bandits were a great threat to Gloria. Cowardice. Seething with barely concealed rage, Audric raised his hand against his very own father for the first time outside a duel. This was no little training session that the father and son had often shared in the days of old. Audric's intent was as truthful as it could get.
His fist smashed right into his father's cheek, knocking the man down. The proud man that Audric had looked up to. The strict, wise father that never let him down. The man he wanted to grow up to be. Had he always been such a..coward?
Without another word, Audric left to make the journey back to their mansion. He had wasted enough time on his father. The man wanted to cling to distant memories so much that he was neglecting the present times. The horse gave out halfway the trip back, forcing the young man to continue on foot. When he'd finally reached his home..Mavis had already passed on. A simple smile adorned her once beautiful face, her cheeks still wet with tear tracks. He hadn't even been able to say goodbye to her..

The father and son met once again that night, when the Duke had finally deigned to return to his household. The sight of his son, seated upon the steps leading up to their grand home was a curious one. The grip of a steel sword was clenched between Audric's fingers, the noble drawing it as he rose to greet his father. Without warning, he viciously attacked, the Duke's own sword barely clearing its scabbard in time to parry Audric's blow. Words didn't need to be exchanged between the two. Just the clashing of their swords spoke for themselves.
The fight lasted at least a good ten minutes before Audric dealt a decisive blow, smashing the pommel of his sword against his father's temple. For once, he had triumphed over his father in a duel. But there was no joy in his words when he finally spoke.
"As a noble of the Renward House, I understand your duty and what you have to do..but as your son, I can never forgive you."
That were the last words Audric spoke to his father. He vanished from the House the very next day, search reports only informing the Duke that his son had enlisted into the trainee Knight ranks. With his talent with the sword and shield, he would prove to be a fine Knight, that much would be certain..

For his flame burned bright, passionate and unwavering in the face of the dark.

Stats
Vitality: 6
Endurance: 8
Strength: 8
Intellect: 2
Wisdom: 2
Dexterity: 1
Agility: 8
Perception: 0

Well, I'd say this took me long enough! Sorry for all the time I took.
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby MelissaB » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Name: Yvenifer Thantasmal
Appearance:

Class: Seer
Preferred Weapon: Flamebrand a short sword where the blade is in the shape of flames, given to her as a child from her mother, passed down from generation of the female members of her family.

Bio: Yvenifer was born into a family from the lands gifted to the seer the most destructive with fire of the numbered. Yvenifer learnt that fire is not only a force of destruction but one that breathes creation at it's core, what is cleanses it gives way for new life, heat and warmth to nurture and help ward of the dark of night and cook the food that humans eat. it had more uses beyond the aspect of war and that was how she was taught fire in it's most helpful and simple forms, light heat, comfort small things upon which to build because a candle flame is merely the start.A small fire can become the inferno when unchecked throw enough fuel and you will turn your food to ashes, it was to teach her precision, rather than the brutality she was taught how to use it for everyday purposes so that when the time need to unleash her flame she would know control. She'd be able to channel that single flame into a blaze that light into the blinding power of the sun that chases away the night. The big can not exist without the small for all flames have a beginning and she must learn hers before she can have her greatest spark.

Growing up Yvenifer was a fire dancer a child and a girl that used her powers of the flame to entertain and create spectacles used to wow and cast others in awe as she spun the flames like a bard spins a tale. Using it as her very own puppets to show out tales of her own, her body playing one part while the fire played another, teaching innocence and the unforgiving yet unhating flame that did only what was it's nature. To burn, fire wyrms dancing in tales of romance, of longing and loss whatever the tale she would dance along side her flames as much an actor as the teller.

Stats
Vitality: 3
Endurance: 4
Intellect: 7
Wisdom: 8
Dexterity: 3
Perception: 2
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 am

What's the update on this.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Argonaut » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 am

I'm very sorry for the long silence, I'm currently in the middle of exams and haven't had much time. I plan on throwing the IC thread up by this weekend, and I will be updating the accepted character post immediately after hitting submit on this one.

On the topic of accepted characters, as I haven't roleplayed in a while I want to keep the group small, so I will only be accepting Icaelus's character sheet, and will no longer be accepting others.
Argonaut

Postby MelissaB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:54 am

Awww that's a shame. oh well.

MelissaB

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Aw I thought I turned in mines early enough :(
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Reaver » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 am

I assume others will be let in if active players either drop of meet unfortunate ends? Cull the weak and such.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Reaver Wrote:I assume others will be let in if active players either drop of meet unfortunate ends? Cull the weak and such.

does this feel sinister.
KnightVanilla

Postby Reaver » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:18 am

KnightVanilla Wrote:
Reaver Wrote:I assume others will be let in if active players either drop of meet unfortunate ends? Cull the weak and such.

does this feel sinister.

It should, that's the idea.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Re: The Numbered OOC

Postby Argonaut » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:10 am

IC thread is now posted. Yes, I will be looking at replacing any characters that die so just because your character sheet was not initially accepted, doesn't mean you won't be appearing at a later date.
Argonaut

Postby Reaver » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:30 am

The beginning reminds me of Argonaught with Emile XD I wonder what shenanigans I can get up to with these two characters
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:10 am

To pass the time I'm willing to write up a post on the OOC of describing one a discussion My character possibly had with one of the numbered or Mel if she's up for it. Mainly with Mel because I feel like it could build up both of our backgrounds and a bit of the lore of the first of the numbered.... just speaking my mind.
KnightVanilla

Postby Argonaut » Tue May 10, 2016 5:12 am

Don't worry, I'm not dead. Working on a post now, should be up by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
Argonaut

Postby Reaver » Wed May 11, 2016 4:24 am

yay
*Excitement ebbs as the days past but still holds out"
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Argonaut » Tue May 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Not dead. Will post tonight.
Argonaut

Postby Steven kono » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:18 am

well at least this will be able to continue now that some posts have been put down in it now. (personally going to wait till around 2 or 3 more people respond that way it is not just him talking to one person or himself)
back and trying to improve my rp and gm skills

I may not be the best or most competent forum rper here, heck far from it but I at least try to give my 100% and that is good enough for me.
Steven kono

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character