Rebirth of the Blood OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Rebirth of the Blood OOC

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:37 pm

Ah yes, re-writing carefully-constructed posts because someone ninja-posted when you weren't looking. Welcome to my world, Reavs. :lol:
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby cliffracer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Let the breast wars begin.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:33 am

Should definitely make an arcane spell based on using one's breasts.

More importantly, my posting rhythm will slow down. I feel that some people, myself included are rushing posts to not get left behind and stay consistent. In doing so, I feel that I'm delivering lackluster posts, ones that are short, not as detailed as I would like and generally ignoring aspects of things that I shouldn't be to get posts out. So I'll be posting every few days, maybe 2 times a week, giving me more time to work on posts, make them better.

I hope everyone will take the time between posts to improve their own posts as well. Quality and Quantity my friends.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby cliffracer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:44 am

Reaver Wrote:Should definitely make an arcane spell based on using one's breasts.

Projectile size related to breast size, while projectile speed is inversely related? Having orbs that big certainly slows someone down!
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Icaelus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:43 am

More character interaction would be great..I wanted to have Syl talk to Jurgen, but lilbooth posted just a couple minutes before me and went letter-poof :c
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby cliffracer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:58 am

Icaelus Wrote:More character interaction would be great..I wanted to have Syl talk to Jurgen, but lilbooth posted just a couple minutes before me and went letter-poof :c

I wouldn't worry about that, I think we just needed to get the little introduction scene out of the way. We ought to have a chance very soon.
cliffracer

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Icaelus Wrote:More character interaction would be great..I wanted to have Syl talk to Jurgen, but lilbooth posted just a couple minutes before me and went letter-poof :c

If you want to edit whatever interaction you planned on having back In then I'll respond as soon as my letter hallucination is complete. Side note, I usually don't read other player's post to avoid metagaming, I will, of course, read them during combat and also read the gm response so that there isn't any crazy overlap in attacks but for more personal things or conversations not involving my character I make it a habit of not reading them. If you want to grab my attention you can bold my character's name, or for this character in particular, because he hasn't disclosed his name, any combination of synonyms for tall and ugly will do. If you think I missed it or you're about to make another post and I still haven't responded just shoot me a PM.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:24 am

lilbooth Wrote:

If you want to edit whatever interaction you planned on having back In then I'll respond as soon as my letter hallucination is complete. Side note, I usually don't read other player's post to avoid metagaming, I will, of course, read them during combat and also read the gm response so that there isn't any crazy overlap in attacks but for more personal things or conversations not involving my character I make it a habit of not reading them. If you want to grab my attention you can bold my character's name, or for this character in particular, because he hasn't disclosed his name, any combination of synonyms for tall and ugly will do. If you think I missed it or you're about to make another post and I still haven't responded just shoot me a PM.

I don't think metagaming will be much of an issue this early in. There will be opposing Covenants later on but thats.... Later on
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Reaver » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:09 am

Expect a post either late tonight or tomorrow.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Reaver » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:52 am

If you are trying to go back to the square to either retake the armory or go dick around in the city just make sure you mention touching th tombstone to leave otherwise as far as I'm concerned you're still in the dream.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Icaelus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Ah, now I get what the fuck Beetroot connected to! XD
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby Argonaut » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Name: Jericho Swain

Physical Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Origins: Very little is known about the history of Jericho Swain, and what is known is surrounded by rumors. Born into a house of alchemists, Jericho surrounded himself with spell books, ancient tomes and historical texts. Never leaving the house, rumors persisted of the horrible experiments and alterations Jericho was subjected to at the hands of his parents. As Swain grew older inside his house, these tales grew taller and taller, describing Swain as a horrid amalgamation of blood magic, undead and inhuman suffering. At night, children told stories of blood leaking from the outer walls of the old house, and faint screams of terror echoing on the wind. Finally an investigation was warranted, but it was too late. Jericho's parents were found hung from the ceiling, completely drained of blood. All across their naked bodies, vigils and runes painted in blood seemed to whisper to whomever looked upon them. Jericho was only a teenager at the time, but he was taken away as the assumed murdered. But Jericho never went to trail, he never stood before the noose. He just seemed to dissapear.

Years later, Jericho has returned as a member of the Hunter Corps. Cold, calculative and efficient, Jericho has proven himself to be a capable hunter. Forever thirsting for more knowledge, Jericho is unwavering in his pursuit for immortality. Due to his quiet nature, Swain's only companion during his journey has been his pet raven, who is never far from Jericho's shoulder. Rather than speaking to other hunters, Jericho spends much of his current time pouring over textbooks or whispering to his bird,who's name he refuses to tell anyone.

Starting Weapon and sidearm: Jericho wields a modified saw spear. This particular trick weapon transforms between a spear and gun with bayonet attachment, it's serrated edge perfect for severing flesh from beasts. In it's short form the weapon serves the same purpose as a saw spear and a blunderbuss rolled into one; while extended, the rifle spear gains significant range as it shifts into more of a saw halberd.

Bloodwielder/Arcane Practitioner/Neither?

Stats
Vitality- 2
Endurance- 1
Strength- 1
Skill- 1
Bloodsight- 6
Wisdom- 5
Bloodthirst- 0/100
Insanity- 0/100
Last edited by Argonaut on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man of means, by no means.
Argonaut

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Everything looks good. I'll get you your starting spells later when I have time and I like the Rifle-Spear idea, creative without stretching the initial boundaries since it essentially as you said works the same way as the combination would. You'll be in by the next post I make.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Reaver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:51 pm

x6 Spike Balls "Crystallized blood shards contained inside of a semi-solid blood orb? That's sounds just as dangerous as it does complicated. Are you sure we can't just aim a cannon at them?" The blood gathers in your hand through your pores, taking the form of a small ball. The ball can be lobbed, thrown, rolled, used to melee but upon first hard physical contact, blood shards will fire out from the orb, possibly hitting anything in short range from the detonation, friend or foe.
x6 Wall of Blood "This is only the first step to me becoming a walking fortress. The night will end on my watch." With a cut, produce enough blood to form a wall of your own blood in front of you, not your sides or back. The blood barrier will be able to take a certain amount of hits based on the initial roll for it. No one will be able to attack through it.
You start with 30 Quicksilver Bullets.

I'll edit your CS onto the first page later. Welcome to the Hunt, Argo ;D
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Reaver » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:07 am

Combat mechanics have been updated. Re-review and prep for either victory or ass plundering.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby cliffracer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:33 pm

My post may be tardy, I'll try and post it later tonight or tomorrow, but I've been very emotionally drained due to a family tragedy.
cliffracer

Postby Reaver » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 am

Take as much time as you need, I probably won't be posting for a few days with Easter and all
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby lilbooth » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:47 pm

So do we have the upper ground or is it just a flat tunnel leading to this big circular room with the spider-slug. If we are all coming from the same hallway how are we supposed to make it not look at the entire party, other than just like sprinting past it. I really doubt, mechanically, that Jurgen can dodge this thing but he isn't evil enough to make Alicia take it all the heat. I know this sounds like a bad idea but I feel like he is going to be most effective jumping on this thing. Just full on, fist forward, try to hit it as hard as he can right at the start of the fight. He is strong but slow and I don't tough enough to make it more than a round or two if it tries to eat him or some bullshit. What does everyone think?
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:12 am

Taken from directly from my last post "Everyone is on the upper floor of the cavern, currently out the Breeder Spine Drinker's reach and line of sight. The cavern is wide with several tunnels being on the other side and among all the eggs. The upper floor only extends halfway around the cavern before running out of enough to stand on. The ground floor of the cavern is littered with eggs, skeletons and stalagmites but nothing big enough to actually hide behind or take cover from."

So yes, upper ground. The cavern is big and it's not looking your way, nor is it near any of you right now, its on the other side near most of its eggs and the tunnels. Also you might be overestimating it's strength and ability a bit much, (Hopefully) It's not going to be 2-hit KOing people but remember everyone is level 1 so it's not going to be easy. Partially the die's fault for pretty rolling a mini-boss instead of a mob but you'll get more bloodechoes out of it so if you guys win you certainly won't be level 1 next time you got to the dream (More like Level 3s) I'm also not going to be giving advise on your plans, mostly because I either get to write you guys getting slaughtered and/or fucked or kicking the shit out of the monster. Most boss fights will probably last around 3 posts, especially the ones where there isn't any dialogue or phases to length the fights.

I'll probably post in a day or two so make sure everyone is positioned and dialogue is out of the way. Would definitely suck to have to walk all the way back through the tunnels alone, possibly without a torch ;D
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby lilbooth » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Reaver Wrote:Taken from directly from my last post "Everyone is on the upper floor of the cavern, currently out the Breeder Spine Drinker's reach and line of sight. The cavern is wide with several tunnels being on the other side and among all the eggs. The upper floor only extends halfway around the cavern before running out of enough to stand on. The ground floor of the cavern is littered with eggs, skeletons and stalagmites but nothing big enough to actually hide behind or take cover from."

So yes, upper ground. The cavern is big and it's not looking your way, nor is it near any of you right now, its on the other side near most of its eggs and the tunnels. Also you might be overestimating it's strength and ability a bit much, (Hopefully) It's not going to be 2-hit KOing people but remember everyone is level 1 so it's not going to be easy. Partially the die's fault for pretty rolling a mini-boss instead of a mob but you'll get more bloodechoes out of it so if you guys win you certainly won't be level 1 next time you got to the dream (More like Level 3s) I'm also not going to be giving advise on your plans, mostly because I either get to write you guys getting slaughtered and/or fucked or kicking the shit out of the monster. Most boss fights will probably last around 3 posts, especially the ones where there isn't any dialogue or phases to length the fights.

I'll probably post in a day or two so make sure everyone is positioned and dialogue is out of the way. Would definitely suck to have to walk all the way back through the tunnels alone, possibly without a torch ;D

thank you for the reiteration. I was hoping to get a response from the party rather than you Reaver but whatever. How does the upper floor end, is there a ramp or a ladder or do we just drop? I still think I'm gonna go for a drop attack of some sort, is it close enough to accomplish something like that or is it so far away that it would be impossible. And the rock suggestion was serious is there anything really big and heavy we could drop on the thing, because if not Jurgen is going to be the big heavy thing and "drop" himself on the creature.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character