Possible Metro 2033 themed RP

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Possible Metro 2033 themed RP

Postby lilgrunt1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Right now this is a thread to discuss the possibility of a Metro 2033 RP .

I love the theme and feeling of metro always have the post apocalyptic close quarters fight for your life theme has always been a fun setting but the issue is this would be the first time I have GMd and I'd like to have A Co GM to help me run this so we can have faster posts and also partake in the RP ourselves if we wish and so we have higher quality posts instead of up to par posts

this thread will be here to plan out how the mechanics work to create characters and to place your thoughts and Ideas ect.

thank you for your time.
lilgrunt1

Re: Possible Metro 2033 themed RP

Postby Sundance » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:11 pm

YESSSS, apocalyptic, underground, rp. Sign me in =)
I allways had the idea of a "Metro" post-apocalyptic setting in the catacombs under paris or rome, but good old moskau sounds also great. Anyway i would love to help with the planing. Sadly i dont thing i would fit in to the Co-gm, since english is my third language and i dont want to keep people waiting so much. But i would love to help plan it all out =)
Sundance

Postby lilbooth » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I'd be glad to help out. It's been awhile since I played metro but the wiki should have enough info for me to work with. Gonna start tearing apart the S.T.A.L.K.A.N. rpg system and porting it over to metro. The first and most important thing we need to determine is if all the player characters are soldiers, or if they were soldiers at some point in their lives. The system just sort of assumes you know how to do basic soldiery stuff, like shoot or stab people. If we want more character diversity then we need to determine if everyone can do that sort of thing, or if we want to make it either a skill or proficiency system. Im sort of leaning towards a Shadowrun engine with STALKAN elements, but we could go the d20 route as well. Ill come back in a bit once I have something worth posting.

Gear:
Food, Water, Medicine,

• Light Ration 3 MGR
    food and water for 1 day, restores 5 hp
  • Ration 4 MGR
    see above, 10 hp
  • Hearty Ration 5 MGR
    see above, 15 hp
  • Bandage 1 MGR
    sterile cloth used to stop bleeding, restores 10 hp
  • Medkit 4 MGR
    same effect as bandage but restores 20 hp each medkit has 1d4 uses
  • Military Issue First Aid Kit 6 MGR
    contains disinfectant, bandages, burn cream, and painkillers, restores 30 hp and gives 5 DR for 10 minutes, each kit has 1d6 uses
  • Alcohol, 1 liter, 2 MGR
    can be used as a crude painkiller, disinfectant, fuel, or for a good time with your comrades

Utility

• Flashlight 11 MGR
    Flashlight comes with 1 rechargeable battery supplying 6 hours of illumination, addition batteries are 2 MGR
  • Lighter 5 MGR
    contains enough fuel to burn for 2 hours, provides small amounts of light
  • Gas Mask FIlters 10 MGR
    FIlters provide the player with 5 minutes of clean air, as long as air is available
  • Geiger Counter 12 MGR
    Geiger Counters come in a variety of shapes and sizes, most available are wrist, waist, or helmet mounted
  • Watch 5 MGR
    Like the geiger counter the watch comes in many variations, whether it be pocket, wrist, or even ankle mounted, get creative
  • Rope 30 ft 1-10 MGR
    Rope comes in a variety of strengths and sizes, it is useful for making traps, hauling gear, tying people/animals up and much much more. Rope can hold its cost x 50 lbs of weight
  • Chain 30 ft 1-10 MGR
    Very similar to rope but with considerably more strength, cost x 100 lbs
  • Scrap 10 lbs 1-5 MGR
    Scrap is usually bits and bobs of metal components used for crafting/repairing, occasionally it is high density plastic or carbon fibre.

Armor

• Leather Jacket 2 DR 18 MGR
  • Bandit Jacket 4 DR 30 MGR
  • Merc Suit 6 DR 60 MGR
  • Ghost Suit 11 DR 100 MGR
    gives a +2 stealth bonus and included night vision goggles
  • Armored Suit 20 DR 100 MGR

Weapons

• Club ~MGR
    Clubs represent any improvised wooden or metal non bladed weapon, they are ineffective but free. 1d20+str to hit 1d10+str damage, *doubled if attacking from behind
  • Hammer 1,2 MGR
    Crude but effective, the hammer has a wooden or polymer handle and small metal head. 1 MGR for a small one handed hammer, and 2 MGR for a larger two handed variant. 1d20+2+str to hit, 1d20+5+str damage (small) 2d20+5+str (Large) *double if attacking from behind
  • Knife 8 MGR
    Elegant and brutal, the knife is the weapon of choice for silently dispatching foes. Knives are light enough in weight to apply either dex or str to hit and damage rolls. 1d20+2+str to hit, 2d20+6+str damage. *double if attacking from behind
  • Throwing Knife 4 MGR
    Throwing knifes are lighter and more aerodynamic than their standard brethren. Players can once again use either str or dex when determining their to hit chance and damage. Throwing knives have the same attack and damage stats as normal knives but have a range of 15 +-str meters. Of used for melee combat the damage is reduced to 1d20+6+str

EDIT: taking a break for a bit, but feel free to poke around in here and tell me what you guys think
Last edited by lilbooth on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby lilgrunt1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 pm

That sounds great but I'm waiting for at least 4 players to join but I say we have them pick station Citizen , spartan ranger, traveler, scavenger , or any of the other factions.
lilgrunt1

Postby Reaver » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:55 pm

It's seems unlikely in the world of Metro that most people wouldn't know basic combat. It's a post-apocalyptic world full of mutants and abominations with vying factions constantly getting up to shit. Even for survival since bullets are a form of currency
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby lilgrunt1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 pm

Well actually it's not too long since the bobs dropped after all the main character in the game was a child when they dropped so there would still be well trained people like the Rangers at spartan station
lilgrunt1

Postby lilgrunt1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Anybody who wants to join can make a CS just update it when we decide on stats
lilgrunt1

Postby Lorielle » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:45 pm

I'm not gonna join the RP I don't think but the games were some of my favorite stuff so if I could chip in my take on the lore. The bombs dropped in 2013 and its 2033 when Artyom is old enough to do anything. Most men know how to fight or at the very least fire a shotgun or pistol, hunting weapons more or less. Even the Reds and Nazis aren't the most skilled fighters around. The Reds despite being and army has some of the worst troop training with soldiers barely able to hit anything. The most skilled are the Spartans who are the former remnants of the Russian military they act as Polis's guard force and are mostly a neutral but good force in the metro maintaining peace and helping free stations whenever they can. You do have Hansa though who basically rely on mercenaries for everything. They're arguably the second best equipped and trained though everything comes with a price as they are a Capitalist society on steroids. Unfortunately women aren't usually fighters or even soldiers. You'll probably encounter a female scavenger, or militia woman but in general women are considered too valuable to have on the front lines. The only place you'll see any real numbers of them are with the Spartans and even then they might be pretty rare as evident from the books and games.
Lorielle

Postby lilbooth » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Character Sheets: feel free to remove all the description when making a sheet
Name:
Faction:
Background/Bio:
HP: 50
Stats, 50 points to distribute, (maximum score of 18, minimum score of 3)
Strength: 3
affects melee damage, carry weight, thrown weapon range, athletics and dual wielding modifiers
Endurance: 3
affects overall toughness (DR), and survival
Perception: 3
affects perception checks, scavenging, repair/crafting, and use of scopes
Agility: 3
affects sneaking, acrobatics, and ranged weapon accuracy
Reflexes: 3
affects initiative, reflex saves, and armor class
Charisma: 3
affects persuasion, circles, book smarts, street smarts

Skills 5 points to distribute
Athletics (str) 0
Covers difficult situations you encounter while climbing,jumping, swimming or simply running
Scavenging (per) 0
Finding stuff in the Zone
Repair/craft (per) 0
Weapon and armor repairs and upgrades
Survival (end) 0
surviving on the surface, navigation, cooking and tracking.
Book smarts (cha) 0
Weird bits of scholarly knowledge
Street smarts (cha) 0
Knowing about the Metro and its dangers, along with current faction holdings and greetings
Stealth (ag) 0
Moving unnoticed, but also stealing, pickpocketing etc
Acrobatics (ag) 0
Covers your attempt to stay on your feet in a tricky situation and of course acrobatic actions, like tumbling or squeezing into/through tight spaces
Persuasion (cha) 0
Getting people to do what you want, with minimal gunfire
Circles: A special skill signifying how well connected you are. (= charisma modifier/2 with a minimum of 1)

Feats Each character chooses 1 feat at creation
Feats are coming soon and will be added to the gear list)

Gear: Everyone Starts with
1x Knife
1x Backpack
1x clothes
1x ration (food and water for 1 day)
1x Gasmask
60+ (2d4x10) MGR
a long comprehensive gear list with cost will be posted shortly
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby lilgrunt1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:41 am

um since there isn't a big list of people interested right now want to do a private RP till it builds up?
lilgrunt1

Postby Creedawar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:09 pm

I love Metro! Have every version of the games, and even the book! Always wanted to do a metro rp, even tried making a real rpg out of FFG's Only War rpg. So if your still looking for players im more than willing!

Name: Tonja Antipin
Faction: Riga - Exhibition Alliance
Background/Bio: Growing up in Riga as an orphan, she worked hard to pay back the families that sheltered her. Feeling she owed Riga a great deal for helping her through childhood, she decided to help Riga with the most difficult and dangerous task any metro citizen could be asked to do, and became a stalker. Using her small form and speed to keep to the shadows of old Moscow. She knows little of the metro itself, or of the power struggles going on. Also do to her shealtered upbringing, she is nieve when it comes to people.

Stats:
Strength: 13
affects melee damage, carry weight, thrown weapon range, athletics and dual wielding modifiers
Endurance: 8
affects overall toughness (DR), and survival
Perception: 13
affects perception checks, scavenging, repair/crafting, and use of scopes
Agility: 13
affects sneaking, acrobatics, and ranged weapon accuracy
Reflexes: 13
affects initiative, reflex saves, and armor class
Charisma: 8
affects persuasion, circles, book smarts, street smarts

Skills 5 points to distribute
Athletics (str) 1
Covers difficult situations you encounter while climbing,jumping, swimming or simply running
Scavenging (per) 1
Finding stuff in the Zone
Repair/craft (per) 0
Weapon and armor repairs and upgrades
Survival (end) 2
surviving on the surface, navigation, cooking and tracking.
Book smarts (cha) 0
Weird bits of scholarly knowledge
Street smarts (cha) 0
Knowing about the Metro and its dangers, along with current faction holdings and greetings
Stealth (ag) 1
Moving unnoticed, but also stealing, pickpocketing etc
Acrobatics (ag) 0
Covers your attempt to stay on your feet in a tricky situation and of course acrobatic actions, like tumbling or squeezing into/through tight spaces
Persuasion (cha) 0
Getting people to do what you want, with minimal gunfire
Circles: A special skill signifying how well connected you are. (= charisma modifier/2 with a minimum of 1)

(Waiting for feats :P)
Creedawar
Newly Registered

Postby YouWillNeverUnderstandMe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:31 pm

I'd like to join this game.

Name: Vera Vasiliev
Faction: Exhibition
Background/Bio: Tired of living in the Metro, Vera takes every chance she gets to explore beyond the safety of the stations. She has not had many opportunities to visit the surface, but she’s spent a lot of time in the tunnels around Exhibition, and knows them well. She is wary of others she meets outside of the stations, and avoids them if she can.
Stats, (maximum score of 18, minimum score of 3)
Strength: 8
Endurance: 13
Perception: 10
Agility: 11
Reflexes: 16
Charisma: 10

Skills
Athletics (str) 0
Scavenging (per) 2
Repair/craft (per) 0
Survival (end) 1
Book smarts (cha) 0
Street smarts (cha) 0
Stealth (ag) 2
Acrobatics (ag) 0
Persuasion (cha) 0
Circles: 5
YouWillNeverUnderstandMe
Newly Registered

Postby lilgrunt1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:49 am

oh my I never thought this would pick up
lilgrunt1

Postby YouWillNeverUnderstandMe » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:26 am

Since we aren't gonna start for a little bit, can I ask- What do you have in mind, for this rp? If you don't want to give specifics yet, that is okay.
YouWillNeverUnderstandMe
Newly Registered

Postby lilgrunt1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:49 pm

well tbh I haven't thought of it in months iwas thinking more of stories of survivors within the metro .
lilgrunt1

Postby YouWillNeverUnderstandMe » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:02 pm

Alright, thats understandable.
YouWillNeverUnderstandMe
Newly Registered

Postby YouWillNeverUnderstandMe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:08 am

Have you thought about mechanics? Like, managing gas masks or flashlight battery?
YouWillNeverUnderstandMe
Newly Registered

Postby lilgrunt1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 am

not really
lilgrunt1

Postby YouWillNeverUnderstandMe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Ok. Sorry if I'm asking a bunch, I'm a little impatient.
YouWillNeverUnderstandMe
Newly Registered

Postby lilgrunt1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:31 am

okay I'm going to try to reinvent the CS to make it easier on me and everyone else.
lilgrunt1

Return to Out of Character