Warhammer 40,000: Inquisition

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisition

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu May 12, 2016 8:29 pm

Sorry for the sudden disappearance, RL stuff came up. I'll try to resume posting this weekend.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:00 pm

So...am I the last one still interested in this?
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby lilgrunt1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:53 am

yeh
lilgrunt1

Postby That_One_Guy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:05 am

I'll join
That_One_Guy

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm

At this point I would be more inclined to start over/remake. Probably just focus on a much smaller scale story. Depends on what everyone else wants.
Hazard1325

Postby exalted » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:09 pm

sorry for absence, life been crazy.

Willing to continue with whatever people want to do.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:31 pm

This game (and its previous iteration) are amongst my 3 most favorite games I've took part in on LoK. I'd like for it to continue, but I understand there's no point if majority of the original players lost interest. I'm up for a new game, even 1v1 if it comes to that.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Hazard1325 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:48 am

I've decided it would be best to reboot and give this another go. I will ask anyone who is currently interested, what kind of plot would you all prefer? More investigation? Action? Being violated by the foul forces of chaos? I have another idea in mind, a joint Imperial operation to explore a derelict space hulk but I'd like some feedback as to what you all expect from a 40k game.
Hazard1325

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:53 am

I'm all for joining the rebooted game, though since I wasn't here for the previous version, I can't really say what I prefer or what was in it.

I would recommend fighting cultists though since we're on LoK and the best way towards sex is through corruption.

Another idea is a Black Cusade-esque game where we're doing the corrupting instead, those are just my 2 cents.
That_One_Guy

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Finally on a new system. Can't say I'm a fan of W10 after what I had to go through to upgrade.

Anyway. I liked the previous two games, had no problem with a lack of sexy stuff my character engaged in (trying to avoid it was my decision in playing her, anyway), so content-wise, I don't have any preference. I'd like to be able to continue with my charafter from previous games, but it's not requirement if she wouldn't fit into a new story. Space hulk sounds fun, as those tend to be full of interesting inhabitants... orcs, tyranids, Chaos... T.O.G's suggestion of playing Chaos sounds fine too.

And to give some suggestion of my own, how about joining a crew of some rogue trader?
Phoenixcz

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:48 am

I'm leaning towards a chaos campaign at this point. It would allow Ash and Rosette to be continued if either Exalted or Phoenix decide to bring them back because, spoiler, House Drall was corrupted by a cult dedicated to Slaanesh. Both of them easily could have escaped or ended up brainwashed. So assuming we're doing a Chaos campaign for a moment does anyone actually want the rules from Fantasy Flights Black Crusade? I think they look a bit cumbersome for forum RP and its the FFG Warhammer line I'm the least familiar with to be honest. Other options would be back to the Savage worlds adaptation I used for the first series, or possibly adapting d20 from scratch. Thoughts?
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:40 am

Don't have Black Crusade, only 2e Dark Heresy (I've never got to actually play), but the overall system should be pretty much the same, shouldn't it? And if it comes to it, a bit of googling and piracy should get me whatever I need, if my experience with 3.5e D&D is anything to go by

Anyway, I liked the rules used in the second game, reasonably simple for use on forums. And I'll think about bringing Ash for the ride... she DOES have a little voice in her head since Lyssra...
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 am

I'd prefer to keep playing Rosette.

Open to whatever you want to attempt and I find simpler systems work best with the forum based RP as both a player and GM
exalted

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm

For those of you waiting for my next 40k rp I have a story outline and good Idea of what I want to do, but at the moment I'm getting hung up on a system. While I enjoy the FFG 40K series and wouldn't mind running it I would rather not force people to go looking for the book, at the same time I can't exactly post all of its contents either so I'm trying to cut it down to a more reasonable experience or looking for alternatives. I may end up using something rules light, possibly freeform but I find systems useful for keeping impartial during any interplayer conflict so I am a bit hesitant.

Edit: also as a side note is anyone interested in Warhammer fantasy? I have been considering somthing in that universe for a while now.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:29 pm

Got my "hands" on Black Crusade, if it makes any difference (I won't say how, but I think you can guess). I'll propably use it for inspiration, even if you use a different mechanics. If you decide for something rules-light, my vote is for the system used in the previous game.

Fantasy, I'm less familiar with (my knowledge of WF comes from articles on 1d4chan, Mark of Chaos videogame and few youtube vids of Warhammer Total War). I wouldn't mind playing there, but in my understanding, the setting was destroyed and it's now something different called Age of Sigmar... you'd have to give more details about the era the game would be set up in.
Phoenixcz

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:53 am

The previous rule system was great for out of combat stuff but for combat it was very simplistic and often resulted in way too many successes on both sides.

As for Age of Sigmar.... it was essentially an end to the cannon Warhammer universe and created a wierd cosmic realm akin to somthing like Heroscape, Mechanically its a fun wargame, lore wise its a garbage excuse to launch a new line of miniatures/edition. If I did run Warhammer fantasy it would probably be pre storm of chaos.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:19 pm

I think that problem with too many successes is mostly problem with trying to solve actions with as few rolls as possible, due to long delay between forum posts. If you set higher target numbers, the combats will take longer before either side achieves success, if you make the combat non-resolvable in one roll, you'll face similar problem (though requiring more rolls will mean the results will average out in the end). How about using some dice pool system, when the value of skill (or combat ability) determines the number of dice used for roll, with possible results based on number of successes? It would lead to more variable results than simple success/failure of one roll, while all rolls will be resolved in single post, not slowing down the game that much.
Phoenixcz

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:02 am

I appreciate the input I just haven't had time to work on it the last few weekends and this one looks busy as well so sorry if this is taking a while to get out.
Hazard1325

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:12 am

No problem, it's just that I've done some reading on Shadowrun recently, which uses dice pool mechanic, and I wondered how applicable would similar system be for this game. It's been over a decade since I've actually played that game (and it was 2nd edition then, I've heard current 5e is better) and from what I remember, despite using a lot of rolls, I haven't found the system simpler than what some people claims (not counting matrix and spellcasting)
Phoenixcz

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:24 am

I've decided at the moment I don't have the time to run another 40K RP to the standards I'd like. Perhaps in the future it could happen but I'm sorry to any of you waiting, for the moment its just not feasible as I'm struggling to even keep up with private games.
Hazard1325

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character