Vampire The Masquerade: New Bloods OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Vampire The Masquerade: New Bloods OOC

Postby Kittykitty501 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:45 am

oh heck! I still need to get my Character sheet done! been ages since I requested to be in it XD
100% Herm Addict
100% Corruption

"and then.. how about a nice injection of Fox cream, lover" - Urta
CoC Fanfic 75% complete

Kittykitty501
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby MelissaB » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 pm

yarp....
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Aledria » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Melissa, did you see my post?
Aledria

Postby lilbooth » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Aledria Wrote:Melissa, did you see my post?

Well whether she did or not you should probably make a character and post it up. If the big MB likes what she sees then you will get added to the reserve list. Not sure how long this is rp gonna go on but if people drop out or die then you may get a chance to play.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby MelissaB » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:14 pm

your faith lilbooth is comforting.

no i didn't Aledria. but yes as lilbooth said. make a cs.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 pm

You should totally make a brujah. cuz im lonely.

Edit: my loyalty to the Queen MB will never waver.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Aledria » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:37 am

lilbooth, I didn't make a Brujah, but our characters can still hang out.

Melissa, here is my character. She's a little unorthodox. Everything is on the up and up but I took Egyptian Setite Thaumaturgy (Akhu), which you didn't list for Setites. In the regular books, that is an option, but I can alter my character if you don't want my character set up that way. Or if you would rather me just make up a more standard Camarilla character, I can do that also.

Despite what the Disciplines setup is like, my character is new to being a vamp and doesn't want to hurt anyone. The Thaumaturgyis only representative of what she's learned. Also, I thought this might be an interesting story hook for you to tempt my character, if you wanted to go that route.

Also, my character will be wanting to play nice to start with. That means presenting herself to the Prince of the city and being straightforward about her Clan. I've played in other games where Setites are allowed in Camarilla cities as long as they play by the rules.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Adalyn Von Braun
Clan: Followers of Set
Weakness: Given their origins in darkness, the Serpents react negatively to bright light: Add two health levels to damage caused by exposure to sunlight. Setites also lose one die from dice pools for actions taken in bright light (police spotlights, stage lights, flares, etc.)

Bio/Background:

Adalyn Von Braun was born a disappointment. At least, to her father she was. Although he would never admit it, he always wanted a son. Adalyn was his last chance at passing on his surname and she was a constant reminder that it wouldn’t happen. He didn’t ever tell her this but sometimes children just know.

Adalyn grew up in the city, with a private school education. And she was a curious sort. Enough that she was curious about the family’s history. She found that her family branch extended from Wernher von Braun, the father of Rocket Science, but also once part of the Nazi Engineering program. Her family never told her that last part. That was something she discovered on her own. Not wanting to follow in her ancestor’s footprints, she decided to shun Engineering. But she still followed the academic path and she found herself studying a more mystical route to knowledge.

She studied ancient rituals of Egyptian priestesses for a class one year and became fascinated with Egyptian history. And the more she read, the more things she kept noticing. Before she knew it, Adalyn had devoted her life to unlocking these puzzles. After she discovered an old medallion on a dig, she started wearing it. Oddly, she started seeing even more connections between Egyptian lore and myth. She even learned the Coptic (Ancient Egyptian) language at an accelerated pace.

One night, she was working in her study, deciphering a coded message in Coptic, when her door opened. She turned but before she knew it, her chair was knocked over with her in it. She felt something at her lips and the taste of copper on her tongue.

Stats - (3 to spend max of 5 in any stat. further ranks costs that rank in points e.g. rank 1 is 1 point, rank 2 is 1+2, rank 3 is 1+2+3 and so forth(this does not count at creation)
Strength: 1
Stamina: 1
Dexterity: 1
Charisma: 2
Appearance: 2 (+1)
Manipulation: 2 (+1)
Wits: 1
Perception: 1
Intelligence: 2 (+1)

Abilities - (6 to spend max of five in any one ability further ranks costs that rank in points e.g. rank 1 is 1 point, rank 2 is 1+2, rank 3 is 1+2+3 and so forth)
Brawl: 0
Melee: 0
Dodge: 0
Firearms: 0
Computers: 0
Scholarship: 2
Investigation: 1
Security: 0
Stealth: 1
Subterfuge: 1
Intimidate: 0
Finance: 0
Languages: 1 (Coptic/Egyptian)

Vampire Disciplines - (4 to spend further ranks costs that rank in points e.g. rank 1 is 1 point, rank 2 is 1+2, rank 3 is 1+2+3 and so forth. One discipline msut be of your clan. None clan disciplines cost double)

Obfuscate 0

Presence 0

Serpentis 1
The Eyes of the Serpent(1)
This power grants the vampire the legendary hypnotic gaze of the serpent. The Kindred’s eyes become gold with large black irises, and mortals in the character’s vicinity find themselves strangely attracted to him. A mortal who meets the vampire’s beguiling gaze is immobilized. Until the character takes his eyes off his victim, the person is frozen in place.

Akhu (Egyptian Setite Thaumaturgy) 3
Path: The Snake Inside
First Taste(1)
Create a pleasurable association with a minor, repetitive action.
Cross-Addiction(2)
Temporarily change what an addict is fixated on.
The Jones (3)
Remove a subject's inhibitions from indulging their addiction.

Combat Feats
Unarmed:(Brawl+Strength)
Melee:(Melee+Strength)
Ranged:(Firearms+Perception)
Defence:(Dodge+Wits)
Covert feats:
Lockpicking:(Security+Dexterity)
Sneaking:(Stealth+Dexterity)
Hacking:(Computers+Wits)
Inspection:(Investigation+Perception)
Research:(Scholarship+Intelligence)
Mental feats:
Seduction:(Subterfuge+Appearance)
Persuasion:(Scholarship+Charisma)
Intimidation(Intimidate+Intelligence)
Haggle:(Finance+Manipulation)
Soak(DR)
Bashing:(Stamina+Armour)
Lethal:(Stamina+Armour)
Aggravated: (Armor)

Humanity/Willpower: 7/10 (this is used to stop going frenzied/feral/instinct rolls and other such rolls like that. the higher the better)
Masquerade:5/5 (the lower this gets the harder it gets for you)
Bloodpool: 10/10
Health: 10/10
Generation: 13
Equipment:
Armor:(You all start with simple clothing offering no protection of your choosing bear in mind you'd of been wearing it when you were sired)
Weapon:(you start with your claws only)
Others: This will be assigned to you based on your entire CS by me once I've accepted it
Last edited by Aledria on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aledria

Postby Aledria » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:40 am

Oh and here is a character picture

Aledria

Postby MelissaB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:55 pm

while you are right it is an option usually that is from the expanded version not the base which everyone else's is from so no i do not desire you to have that discipline. secondly. the discipline rank up cost wise is still valid at creation to stop people getting level three powers and such. at most you have 4 to spend. one for original cost. then a further two for rank 2 meaning you've spent three points out of your four. so that needs changing as a start. after that you've got one too many points in your stats you have spent four where you only have three.

now onto abilities. I didn't put language as one. Now i know you're clearly not new to this but this is a basic run down version to make it more playable.. there are also a bunch of others not listed in the expanded sheet because I didn't want it too complex so i'd ask you to remove your language ability and reuse the point. you may however still have the language knowledge just not as a skill.

finally while i enjoy the bio I did make it a mention to be the one to create the embrace setting. so maybe don't include the last part though I did still enjoy it.

MelissaB

Postby Aledria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:34 am

Thank you so much for your patience. I changed the Disciplines to standard Setite disciplines. I entirely understand wanting to make the game easier for people not familiar with the setting. I think I nearly have it corrected, but I had one question still. I see that the character sheet mentions the beginning Stats don't have to follow the rules for the higher point cost for more ranks. What about the Abilities? I was looking over the other characters and it looks like it follows the same rule, but I assume that they also could have those scores from being awarded experience points.

Here is my update character sheet with an adjusted bio section. Please check my points and make sure I haven't messed it up again.

Name: Adalyn Von Braun
Clan: Followers of Set
Weakness: Given their origins in darkness, the Serpents react negatively to bright light: Add two health levels to damage caused by exposure to sunlight. Setites also lose one die from dice pools for actions taken in bright light (police spotlights, stage lights, flares, etc.)

Languages: English, Coptic (Ancient Egyptian)

Bio/Background:

Adalyn Von Braun was born a disappointment. At least, to her father she was. Although he would never admit it, he always wanted a son. Adalyn was his last chance at passing on his surname and she was a constant reminder that it wouldn’t happen. He didn’t ever tell her this but sometimes children just know.

Adalyn grew up in the city, with a private school education. And she was a curious sort. Enough that she was curious about the family’s history. She found that her family branch extended from Wernher von Braun, the father of Rocket Science, but also once part of the Nazi Engineering program. Her family never told her that last part. That was something she discovered on her own. Not wanting to follow in her ancestor’s footprints, she decided to shun Engineering. But she still followed the academic path and she found herself studying a more mystical route to knowledge.

She studied ancient rituals of Egyptian priestesses for a class one year and became fascinated with Egyptian history. And the more she read, the more things she kept noticing. Before she knew it, Adalyn had devoted her life to unlocking these puzzles. After she discovered an old snake medallion on a dig, she started wearing it. Oddly, she started seeing even more connections between Egyptian lore and myth. She even learned the Coptic (Ancient Egyptian) language at an accelerated pace.

One day, she tried to recall where she’d found the snake medallion. Had she really found it at a dig site? No. Absolutely not. She would never have stolen from a dig site. So, where had she really found it? And hadn’t she seen it before? Pouring over old newspaper clippings from her family’s attic, she found one lone picture where Wernher von Braun was receiving recognition for his contributions to the rocket program. And that was when she saw it: a gold snake peering out from near his shirt collar also. Her eyes widened and she closed the book to see her mother coming into the attic, asking if she’d like a snack. Adalyn responded with an awkward protest of her mother always treating her like a child, but her blood ran cold when she saw the same snake peering out from the dress’s neckline of her mother. She made some excuses why she had to be at her office and left hastily.

Personality and Appearance:

Adalyn stands at five feet eight inches tall, with a slim build that isn’t lacking in curves. She is typically clad in professional looking dresses, but they tend to be cut to show more leg. Even though she was lucky enough to be gifted with her mother’s ample chest, she rarely wears clothes that would put her cleavage in display. Her blonde hair is often tied in a ponytail, but when she lets it down, it flows like golden sunlight in the dawn sun. Many of her college professors had found themselves stammering as they got lost observing her sapphire blue eyes.

At first glance, Adalyn seems shy and backward, but given the chance she opens up and is quite friendly. But despite her warm nature, she’s not quite as naive as she used to be. She’s learned to be more guarded in what she says and does, especially since she’s had to hide her curiosity and research from her own family. She doesn’t have a lot of friends and she’s had to pull back from her family lately, so she often feels very alone. When she had friends, they described her as “bubbly” and she only gets more spirited when she’s made a new discover or when she’s studying something she really enjoys.

The forgotten expired condom in her purse is a sad reminder that she hasn’t had a boyfriend in quite a while. However, when she did have one, they often seemed to be ones that would get too handsy in public. And even though it would embarrass her, her protests weren’t always loud enough to hear.

Stats - (3 to spend max of 5 in any stat. further ranks costs that rank in points e.g. rank 1 is 1 point, rank 2 is 1+2, rank 3 is 1+2+3 and so forth(this does not count at creation)
Strength: 1
Stamina: 1
Dexterity: 1
Charisma: 1
Appearance: 2 (+1)
Manipulation: 2 (+1)
Wits: 1
Perception: 1
Intelligence: 2 (+1)

Abilities - (6 to spend max of five in any one ability further ranks costs that rank in points e.g. rank 1 is 1 point, rank 2 is 1+2, rank 3 is 1+2+3 and so forth)
Brawl: 0
Melee: 0
Dodge: 0
Firearms: 0
Computers: 0
Scholarship: 2
Investigation: 1
Security: 1
Stealth: 0
Subterfuge: 2
Intimidate: 0
Finance: 0

Vampire Disciplines - (4 to spend further ranks costs that rank in points e.g. rank 1 is 1 point, rank 2 is 1+2, rank 3 is 1+2+3 and so forth. One discipline msut be of your clan. None clan disciplines cost double)

Obfuscate 0

Presence 1
Awe(1)
Those near the vampire suddenly desire to be closer to her and become receptive to her point of view. Awe is extremely useful for mass communication. It matters little what is said — the hearts of those affected lean toward the vampire’s opinion. The weak want to agree with her; even if the strong-willed resist, they soon find themselves outnumbered. Awe can turn a chancy deliberation into a certain resolution in the vampire’s favor almost before her opponents know that the tide has turned. Despite the intensity of this attraction, those so smitten do not lose their sense of self-preservation. Danger breaks the spell of fascination, as does leaving the area. Those subject to Awe will remember how they felt in the vampire’s presence, however. This will influence their reactions should they ever encounter her again.

Serpentis 2
The Eyes of the Serpent(1)
This power grants the vampire the legendary hypnotic gaze of the serpent. The Kindred’s eyes become gold with large black irises, and mortals in the character’s vicinity find themselves strangely attracted to him. A mortal who meets the vampire’s beguiling gaze is immobilized. Until the character takes his eyes off his victim, the person is frozen in place.
The Tongue of the Asp(2)
The vampire may lengthen her tongue at will, splitting it into a fork like that of a serpent. The tongue may reach 18 inches or half a meter, and makes a terrifyingly effective weapon in close combat.

Combat Feats
Unarmed: 1 (Brawl+Strength)
Melee: 1 (Melee+Strength)
Ranged: 1 (Firearms+Perception)
Defence: 1 (Dodge+Wits)
Covert feats:
Lockpicking: 2 (Security+Dexterity)
Sneaking: 1 (Stealth+Dexterity)
Hacking: 1 (Computers+Wits)
Inspection: 3 (Investigation+Perception)
Research: 4 (Scholarship+Intelligence)
Mental feats:
Seduction: 4 (Subterfuge+Appearance)
Persuasion: 3 (Scholarship+Charisma)
Intimidation: 2 (Intimidate+Intelligence)
Haggle: 2 (Finance+Manipulation)
Soak(DR)
Bashing: 1 (Stamina+Armour)
Lethal: 1 (Stamina+Armour)
Aggravated: 0 (Armor)

Humanity/Willpower: 7/10 (this is used to stop going frenzied/feral/instinct rolls and other such rolls like that. the higher the better)
Masquerade:5/5 (the lower this gets the harder it gets for you)
Bloodpool: 10/10
Health: 10/10
Generation: 13
Equipment:
Armor: A fashionable dress
Weapon:(you start with your claws only)
Others: This will be assigned to you based on your entire CS by me once I've accepted it
Last edited by Aledria on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aledria

Postby Aledria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:00 am

Also, the web site isn't letting me contact you via private message. I was wanting to ask you a question about the game privately. Is there a way to do that? Maybe you send a message to me and I can reply?
Aledria

Postby VintageBass » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Aledria Wrote:Also, the web site isn't letting me contact you via private message. I was wanting to ask you a question about the game privately. Is there a way to do that? Maybe you send a message to me and I can reply?

It's really more on the fact that you're still new to the site and haven't required the number of posts needed to send PMs. It's a safety feature to prevent spam and the like. As I mentioned to you, you can receive PMs from other users, it's just you can't send them yourself.

However, seeing you're close (as of this post), and really all you need to do is hop on over to the General section and post there. Just pick a few extra topics to get you that glorious 10 posts and I'll approve them so you'll be all set to message Mel about whatever question you have.

Speaking of messaging Mel! *heads off with post*
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Aledria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:21 pm

VintageBass Wrote:It's really more on the fact that you're still new to the site and haven't required the number of posts needed to send PMs. It's a safety feature to prevent spam and the like. As I mentioned to you, you can receive PMs from other users, it's just you can't send them yourself.

I understood why I couldn't PM her, but thanks for mentioning that. I have been known to be a little slow on the uptake at times. :oops:

I finally have my 10 posts in, so I sent her a PM. Thanks again.
Aledria

Postby MelissaB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:10 pm

looks good thanks for the rework... still got four points spent in your stats though... and yes abilities follows the same rules. you've added out of three one to cha, manipulate int and appearance. that's four.

MelissaB

Postby Aledria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:16 pm

I see it now. I didn't have the +1 next to it so I missed it when i was looking before. I've corrected my last post to remove the point added to charisma.
Aledria

Postby MelissaB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm

this is a roll call. Those yet to post since my last two posts have until my next one to Pm message here or post before they are bumped down to the reserve list and their part in this story suspended.

Aledria this also means once that's done you will likely be joining us soonish in the rp.

MelissaB

Postby Reaver » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:34 pm

When's the next one? It feels so long ago since my character beat ass.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby MelissaB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:57 pm

probably tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to write.

MelissaB

Postby Aledria » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 pm

MelissaB Wrote:Aledria this also means once that's done you will likely be joining us soonish in the rp.

Cool! I am surprised it's so soon. I willing to start up if you're ready for me.

Does that mean someone has to get bumped to reserve for me to join? Or does that mean I will be added in as part of the role call process, regardless of the role call results?
Aledria

Postby Reaver » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Yes, someone would get bumped to reserved. Which is fine because if they aren't habitually posting then people who do should be able to rp instead.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character