Hoonters (Recruitment and OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Hoonters (Recruitment and OOC)

Postby Reaver » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:17 am

Psh you can't depend on me to constantly do Yasker maneuvers to help you :P. It is a shame we'll have to wait for the net round of posts to advance our battle, we're already so behind XD
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby XanderFrost » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:22 pm

This looks fun, if it's still open at all
XanderFrost

Location: Not behind you... See? I told you, but you didn't believe me.

Postby Nicoffee » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:28 pm

I've honestly just stopped keeping track of the waiting list at one point. Throw a sheet over my way and I'll see about getting you in.
Nicoffee

Postby Nicoffee » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Sorry for the extended absence, but I'm gonna be away a little bit longer. Basically some local power outages fried a bunch of my PC equipment and while it now LOOKS like everything is in working order, I am super behind schedule on all of my work and I need to focus on that stuff before I can get back to RPing.
Nicoffee

Postby cliffracer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Sheesh! That really stinks, but it's good to know what is going on.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Reaver » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:57 am

Wow this hasn't seen a post in a while. Anyways, Need will be seeing a post before the end of the weekend?
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Nicoffee » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:06 am

Yeah, I'll be posting this weekend. Sorry for the inactivity.
Nicoffee

Postby exalted » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:06 am

Think there might be a typo or two in the post for me and Cliffracer.

"With your current events solved, Katya finds herself once more headed over to the river to clean up the couch, without interruptions this time around. Shortly after, you all head back to take the couch back to Katya's home. Speaking of Katya, by the time they were back, Katya was just finished tying up the beaver once more..."

Is that first Katya meant to be Tamara?
exalted

Postby Nicoffee » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Ah, it was meant to be Tamara, sorry!
Nicoffee

Postby cliffracer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:50 am

Agh, I should have my post up in the next couple days. Haaaven't been doing too well, and it's messed with my focus.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Nicoffee » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Yo.

How is everyone doing? As I announced on the Availability thread, I'm going to be closing down all my current RPs. Hoonters is a bit of a special case though.

For you see, Hoonters is, at the end of the day, not only a RP I particularly enjoyed, it was also, in a way, a promotional piece for the game I'm developing by the same name. I initially wanted to keep this as a surprise for once we actually ended the RP, but seeing as I'm having to shut it down, I'll bring it up now.

Basically, I want to make the adventures and stories we created in here "Cannon" within the Hoonters game, by acknowledging not only the things that were done, but also the cool characters that everyone made in this setting. So, where am I going with this? In Hoonters (Game) there will soon be a "Hunterbook", a small book where I intend to put a bunch of tips and art, as well as credits and thanks for all of those who helped me or aided me in anyway while developing the game. Even if you all joined the RP for your own fun, this RP still helped me heaps with brainstorming and toying around for the game itself, at the end of the day, so I wanted to make something cool for everyone.

What I want to do, is place this RP's characters, along with quotes and/or possibly some tips for players (Such as Yasker's picture giving the players a tip to remind them to use poisons, by example), in the Hunterbook. Of course, this means that I'll be drawing and placing them in there myself. For the sake of not copying the art used by other people, I will be taking a few artistic liberties with the character's designs, but I will do my best to keep the general feel and idea of the characters the same. Of course, however, this is assuming you guys are okay with me doing so.

So, this is why this post is for, I'd like you folks to voice if you're okay with me doing this for your characters and any notes or questions you'd like to throw my way. Or, of course, if you'd rather I not do this for your character, just say so and I'll leave it at that, it is your character, after all. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Oh, just for exemplification, each character would be getting their own page, with an illustration and the text below, sort of like this.

Nicoffee

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Awww, I'm sad to see this one end but I suppose over a year is a good run for an RP. While I'm a little disappointed we didn't make it to the end, I had a lot of fun with Hoonters and Ichigoichie I'd like to thank you for letting me participate in such unique games. That being said, I think the hunterbook idea is really cool! I look forward to seeing it once it makes it in the game :)
FragranceofMtDew

Postby cliffracer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Hey, that sounds pretty good. It's unfortunate that the RP was ending, but I had good fun during its run. Feel free to include Tamara, I'd love to see her in the hunterbook.
cliffracer

Postby Nicoffee » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Thank you very much, both of you. I'm going to be starting a new RP sometime in the middle of December, but I'll be keeping myself to a single RP so I can give it proper care and what not without burning myself out again, hopefully it's just as interesting as Hoonters and Ichigo were to you. ^^
Nicoffee

Postby lilbooth » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:41 am

I fully support this hunterbook and the use of my character within the book. Also, I am holding my breath for whatever the next rp you are planning. Have to say that your games have been some of most fun I have ever had on this forum.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Reaver » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:16 am

So sad, all my schemes gone to waste and even worse I didnt even get to kill a particular monkey. Regardless I completely support Yasker being used in any way especially if they have to do with poisons or choking an enemy out. Sad to see good rps go but cant wait to see the results of inspiration gained through the rp and you better believe Im going to have an eye out for your December rp.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby exalted » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:12 am

You're sad?!

Hands up who didn't a scheme in the works to kill Yasker! :lol: One day Reaver our characters in a RP will actually get to resolve a fued :twisted:

Happy for my character to be used in whatever way you need, ever the pinnacle of diversification in business.
exalted

Postby Meep Meepersons » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:59 am

I'm cool with you adding Dorel, but she wasn't around all that long. o3o

PS> In return you have to reserve me a slot for you next RP xD
Meep Meepersons

Postby Nicoffee » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Thank you everyone, you guys are awesome. For those curious about my upcoming RP, I should be posting something about it here in the forums sometime soon™, I've been in a bit of a sci-fi-ish mood lately, so if you like that kind of stuff, you're in luck.

@lilbooth, Oh wow. QwQ Thank you so much, that's very nice of you to say.

@Reaver Ah well, maybe it's for the better, that way I can keep what happened in the final days of Eopeth an open mystery. Leave it up for each person's interpretation and expectations, hmm?

@exalted I actually wanted to use Katya as the one character related for tips regarding monster domestication, I'd say it fit her quite well.

@Meeps Sure thing. I'm not too worried about number of players this time around, since I'll only be handling one RP, I can safely handle up to fourteen/fifteen people, if need be.
Nicoffee

Postby Reaver » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:23 pm

exalted Wrote:You're sad?!

Hands up who didn't a scheme in the works to kill Yasker! :lol: One day Reaver our characters in a RP will actually get to resolve a fued :twisted:

Happy for my character to be used in whatever way you need, ever the pinnacle of diversification in business.

I had the perfect plan for Katya, I was actually considering tracking her down after I got out of the fog with the artifact and settling the score then. :P

Nicoffee Wrote:@Reaver Ah well, maybe it's for the better, that way I can keep what happened in the final days of Eopeth an open mystery. Leave it up for each person's interpretation and expectations, hmm?

True, if Yasker had succeeded that could have had serious ramifications for any lore afterwards. For anyone interested, Yasker was going to perform a ritual with Ghera in the artifact that would make humans incapable of gaining any affects from consuming monsters' fluids. It would be a test fire, only affecting people on the island but it would confirm the theory of the group he worked for, thus giving them the information they'd need to perform them on the mainland. Long-term it'd make the monster hunters and the Guild obsolete, forcing humans to rely mostly on themselves instead of monsters for most things. Sure they could still use some monsters for manual labor and such but it'd make hunting on the scale it was before, rather unnecessary.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Previous

Return to Out of Character