Hoonters (Recruitment and OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Hoonters (Recruitment and OOC)

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 am

To be entirely honest, Nes, even I wasn't expecting things to go that well at first. Could've been worse, though; you could've given Kenji a steamroller. :lol:
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby VintageBass » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:11 am

I challenge your steamroller with this... *clears throat*

This is the song from a very dumb movie
That a man and his robots watch came up with this:
He tried to kill me with a forklift!
(Huzzah!)
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Reaver » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:40 am

I have a post semi-done but have two questions that could change the content of it. Is the helmet reattached yet or is it still rolling towards the body? Is the shield arm and shield still trying to get reconnect?
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Nicoffee » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:47 am

Ah, guess I didn't make that clear enough. My bad, I'll try to be more descriptive from now on. The helmet is re-attached but the knight currently has no shield, it IS trying to reconnect but as long as Yasker holds it, it won't be able to.
Nicoffee

Postby Reaver » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:00 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Okay I can work with that
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Reaver » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Nescafe Wrote:Edit 2:

Posted. It never ceases to amaze me how, whenever I make a monster to REALLY mess people up, the players involved in it tend to get really lucky rolls. Sadly, seems like the NPCs don't get that much luck.

Just saw this, Zen was telling how lucky he got since the monster apparently uses 5 base dices so I can only hope that attacking the mushroom and the knight simultaneously will result in easier instant hits or easier rolls. Otherwise I might not have another meat shield for the Beholder fight.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Nicoffee » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm

I have a post typed up and I will be posting it soon-ish, I'm just wrapping some other things up and re-reading it to make sure nothing ended up with typos or such, since I re-wrote some parts of it a few times over. But uh...I feel like this is a good time for me to talk about how I handle damages in this RP, since I just realize it's not something I went into in detail. To calculate exactly how much damage something is going to cause, I take the difference between the results of the two involved characters and, depending on how big the difference is, the bigger the damage. Since there's no hit points in this RP, I instead go for something along the lines of this. This isn't anything set in stone, by the way, especially since there are things such as lust or non-lethal attacks, which are handled differently, I'm posting it more so people can have a better idea of how I decide on the severity of the results.

1-5 : Minimal damage, barely worth mentioning. This goes along the lines of small bruises, cut clothes, etc.
6-10: Small damage. Hurtful, but not particularly dangerous. Flesh wounds and superficial cuts. The kind of stuff that will sting a bit a few days after, but nothing to be worried about.
11-20: Medium damage. This is where stuff starts getting serious. A deep cut, a broken bone...Depending on how tough the character in question is, it takes around 3-5 medium strikes for them to be incapacitated.
21-30: High damage. Ouch. This is the kind of stuff that leaves permanent scars on people, both physically and mentally. If you take a hit like this, not only will your ability to fight be severely impaired until you heal up. Chances are that other hits will prove deadly.
31+: This is pretty much an instant KO, also, if you were sporting any other previous wounds or you're not a player character, chances are the person who took this hit won't be taking any others. Because they'll be dead.
50+: https://youtu.be/OleLlIpymtU
Nicoffee

Postby cliffracer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

70: Tamara feels a little tingle.

Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:13 am

So what you're saying is...if Kenji manages to pull off a 50+ attack against an enemy...

Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby Nicoffee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:41 am

Zender_Solarheart Wrote:So what you're saying is...if Kenji manages to pull off a 50+ attack against an enemy...

Either that or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3Sl3IqvZ8

I'll let you pick.

Btw. I should be posting tommorow, sorry for the delay.
Nicoffee

Postby FragranceofMtDew » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:39 am

Or perhaps something like this? https://youtu.be/rzyItTANBOs?t=50

Nydia would be most appreciative of any of the three really. =3
FragranceofMtDew

Postby Reaver » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:14 am

Can I stop standing on the fucking shield now or do we have to figure out a way to completely kill it before I can step off? XD
Also achievement for taking zero damage in a mini-boss fight?
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Nicoffee » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:58 am

Well, since the fight is over now, I might as well come out and say it. All you guys literally had to do was focus the mushroom. There are no rolls necessary for hitting it and it would die in three hits. And since the armor is being controlled by the mushroom, as evidenced by the whole mental link thing of "THIS PERSON HIT ME, FOCUS THEM UNTIL THEY DIE" ...Well. There is a way to kill the armor permanently too, you might want to not do it, though.

You'll see in my next post, probably.
Nicoffee

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:05 am

And now I'm theorizing about what species that ghost-knight-thing might be. I doubt it'd be anything as high-tier as a Dullahan, considering that it can be controlled by what is essentially a much less potent version of the Phazon mushrooms from Metroid Prime...but something tells me it's not just a run-of-the-mill spirit-possessed suit of armor, either.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby Reaver » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:54 am

I want to kill Jadon so badly just to be safe but Yasker could really use another partner...... Decisions.. And assuming that its lord is the Beholder who is probably way more civilized than we're led to believe and will make us a counter-offer. Decisions+Imagination.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby cliffracer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey, sorry my post density is low, Nes. I just started taking Melatonin, and while it's helping me sleep, it's in the way of my usual "midnight posting" schedule. I should be able to get one in this afternoon now, though.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Nicoffee » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm

No worries there, bud, you post when you can. My own post density is erratic as heck, anyways, not like I could complain about anyone else's.
Nicoffee

Postby Meep Meepersons » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm

cliffracer Wrote:Hey, sorry my post density is low, Nes. I just started taking Melatonin, and while it's helping me sleep, it's in the way of my usual "midnight posting" schedule. I should be able to get one in this afternoon now, though.

Only sleep aid that puts me to sleep, the trick is to take it a half an hour before you wanna sleep so planning ahead time wise is a must with the stuff xP
Meep Meepersons

Postby Reaver » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:30 am

Possible to get a number on the amount of visible arms on the Beholder? I want to know how many arms I get the pleasure of tearing off before cracking this machine open to get my prize. :)
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Nicoffee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 am

It has a total of 8 arms.
Nicoffee

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character