Forum Rules

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re: Forum Rules

Postby knifecat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 am

Hi all, just thought there should be an update in here saying that you can't post to creative corner unless you've used the forum for a bit. It instead says "post require moderater approval and wont show up right away". Not a big deal, just think ppl should know.
knifecat
Newly Registered

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:In addition, if you're getting harassed or see someone else doing something against the rules, then please speak up! Tell us about it so we can quickly and properly deal with these issues. For reference the rules are below:

Most recent edit: 2017-09-27: fixing formatting.
  • Until you have 10 posts on the forum, your posts are subject to moderator approval. It may take a while for posts to appear, but be assured that they're still there! Similarly, private messages aren't allowed before you've gotten 10 posts (since private messages can't be viewed by moderators, they can't be sent with moderator approval). If you're having trouble figuring out how to reach 10 posts, visit the General subforum, there are many topics to chat in there, and there aren't many limitations!

This is the first post in the forum rules topic.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:51 am

Hey, all! Just wanted to remind everyone about the Creative Corner rules that are in place. Particularly this bit right here.

Renara Wrote:Just a few helpful rules to keep the creative corner running as smoothly as possible! These are of course in addition to the global forum rules.

• Please do not post to topics asking only for updates or progress.

We've been pretty lax in enforcing this one because, hey, it's understandable to wonder what's going on and we can't be in every topic looking for this type of post. But I'm noticing it pop up more and more frequently so I just wanted to remind everyone.
This especially goes for people who create an account just to ask this question.

Since we can see those pretty easily, I am going to start not allowing these type of messages out of the queue. If you recently sent a post that never appeared in the topic that asked this question, now you know what happened to it.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby Sexy Raccoon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:44 pm

Could you ever explain what the problem with patreon is? or what to avoid
Sexy Raccoon

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:01 pm

From what my understanding is and how I enforce the rule, basically just throwing a link to Patreon is little more than using the site to advertise. Advertisement is any form is a bannable offense, so I try to police it as best I can. Now, if you have a game going, a playable demo (that doesn't lead to Patreon, though I'll give it some leeway if the demo isn't trapped behind payment), a description and some images to show and you just so happen to also have a Patreon where people can support you, I'm gonna let that go because, to me, that's not Advertising. You've already given everyone alternate ways to find you, so it's sorta like just listing another social media method to reach your work. That's the way I play it at least. Basically I want you to be interactive with the community rather than just using us as a spot to advertise.

MiscChaos

Postby Sexy Raccoon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm

MiscChaos Wrote:From what my understanding is and how I enforce the rule, basically just throwing a link to Patreon is little more than using the site to advertise. Advertisement is any form is a bannable offense, so I try to police it as best I can. Now, if you have a game going, a playable demo (that doesn't lead to Patreon, though I'll give it some leeway if the demo isn't trapped behind payment), a description and some images to show and you just so happen to also have a Patreon where people can support you, I'm gonna let that go because, to me, that's not Advertising. You've already given everyone alternate ways to find you, so it's sorta like just listing another social media method to reach your work. That's the way I play it at least. Basically I want you to be interactive with the community rather than just using us as a spot to advertise.

Excellent, I understand the rules a little better, I hope I can adjust in the best way n.n
Thank youuu
Sexy Raccoon

Postby MiscChaos » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 pm

So with Flash no longer being supported on most browsers, I've been fielding a lot of questions such as "Where can I download your game" or "What happens now that flash is gone?". For the second question, check out this thread with all the many ways you can continue playing flash games now that Adobe won't be supporting it. The first question could very well be a valid question most of the times. For those instances, I'm perfectly OK with it being asked. However, if I can go to the first post of the game in question and find a link or swf file there, I'm a lot less OK. For new users, if you can't be bothered to look at that first post, I can't be bothered to approve the post since it shows you obviously aren't THAT interested in the game.

MiscChaos

Previous

Return to General