Actraiser: Gods and Demons (ooc -WiP)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Actraiser: Gods and Demons (ooc -WiP)

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Currently, this spot is for my plannet Actraiser RP. I will be putting up more info the furthur towards completion it becomes. At currently, the infor available is below.

Basic premise
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

You play the part of a God. One of many Gods, that once belonged to a pantheon and was worshiped thorughout the lands. Then, you engaged in combat with the Demon lord of the Underrealms - Razana. Your had battled him many times before, but this time he had 7 generals standing with him and, after a lengthy fight on the physical plane, you were defeated. Retreating with those that survived, you took refuge in the Palace of Light in the astral planes, and slept.

During your aeons-long sleep, Razana sent his generals out across the lands, and slowly began to corrupt the populace. Monsters begame to emerge from previously sealed lairs throughout the land and civilisation collapsed. Humans were bent to the worship of the generals and, through then Razana, draining you of your powers as the people's faith waned. This also slowed your recovery and, when your energies had coalessed once more, only a handful of Humans still hold your faith. Shrines that used to be in abundance have fallen into disrepair, or been corrupted, leaving very few places to interact with the world.

Now, it is time to take back the faith of Humanity the best way possible - by slaughtering the servants of Razana, casting his generals down, and showing the people that hope lives - and carries a big sword

Charater plan
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Like mentioned earlier, you will be a God. However, Gods have trouble interating with the physical realm without the use of a proxy - the same cannot be said for demons, however, although their power is limited. Now, while posession of a Human is a possability, the Human has to be willing, and have a strong faith in you. It is easier to possess an inanimate object and shape it to your will and, as such, shrines exist with statues of the God's likeness in them. Once the God enters into the statue, it can be somewhat modified and becomes an extention of the God, allowing them to move arounf the physical plane and interact.

these statues will, effectivly, be you while doing things in the world, but can be left at any time, in which case they return to being a statue. Being a God, you can make the statue do prety much whatever you want it to do - within the bounds of reason and pysics. But, being a God inside a proxy statue, and smashing things is not all you can do. Localised miracles are another fun thing, but entirely dependant on the power of faith and your role in the pantheon. For example, the God of Fire could throw a ball of fire from their hand, or even cause a volcano to erupt (although it would be a high-power thing). The God of Life can cause things to grow, or even age rapidly. But, as ever, with only a handful of worshipers scattered around the land, don't expect to be able to summon a meteor at the get-go to crash and wipe out all the monsters :P
Last edited by Gorbaz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Re: Actraiser: Gods and Demons (ooc -WiP)

Postby That_One_Guy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Just because it's you, Gorbaz, and not the adorably cute evil kitty avatar (SOOO CUUTE!!!), I'll join this.

Oh, and the premise >_>
That_One_Guy

Postby Taria » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 pm

this intruiges me.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Ta for deleting the other one, Tari. Damn 500 errors....
Gorbaz

Postby jayjaycaps » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 am

Sign me up. Now, what thing do I want to be the God of...?
Debt is salvation
jayjaycaps

Postby That_One_Guy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:19 am

I am Lord Henriech, God of Gods, bringer of Flames, protector of my people!
That_One_Guy

Postby Taria » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 am

I would probably choose something like, goddes of nature and beauty.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby joeyjoey61297 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 am

This sounds like fun I'll join too.
joeyjoey61297

Postby Gorbaz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm still working on this guys. Should have some more info up soon
Gorbaz

Postby BlueLight » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:03 am

Can i be the god/ess of Justice.... in other I get to kill people for stupid stuff or let criminals lose.... I might be a bit insane... Don't worry about!

Or maybe i could be the God/ess of creativity.... I guess i better be in good terms with the gods of design, and beauty
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby CatharsisPale » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:50 am

Hmm...This sounds nifty indeed. I'd like to take part once this is up and running.
CatharsisPale
Newly Registered

Postby Gorbaz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Today, I did some work on a map. It didn't turn out so well. I'll see about using RPGVX to make a better one.

Also, working on a monsters list. Would work on a locations list, but without a map, it's hard
Gorbaz

Postby That_One_Guy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:46 am

When do character sheets come up?
That_One_Guy

Postby Gorbaz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Character sheets will come up once I got the lands sorted. Probs tomorrow?
Gorbaz

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:19 pm

... Tina is risking being a dead old man by lying to lina
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Ok, so I think I've dawldled enough on it with trying to get a suitable map drawn up, and work has been very punishing with time and energy lateley. But, at least I've got a character sheet done! So, anyone who is still interested, feel free to make a sheet and ask questions on any subject that hasn't been covered and I'll do my best to answer.

=====
Name:
Being (optional):
Domain:
Personality:

Power:
Magic:

Favoured:
Bane:
=====

Creation principle is fairly simple. Name is your Godly name. Avatar is what your appear like when walking among mortals. You can put an image of your statue there as well, if it changes at all. Being is what you appear like when not inside your avatar. This is entirely optional, and can look like anything as phyical laws do not apply to Gods when not bound to their avatar form. Choose any domain you want - I'm not going to impose strict aspects of the pantheon. You can have a domain that is similar to another God's (Murder/Death/War, Rivers/Ocean/Storms, etc). Personality is self-explanetory. You can, if you wish, make mention of gifts bestowed apon your Holy Day, but do try and make it fit with your domain - no sulking, emoish gods of love, or loud and brash gods of wildlife.

Power is your level. Everyone starts off at 1, as it has been drained and locked by the lack of faith. The more faith you bring back, the higher your power level will rise. Magic is tied right to it, as well. Magic is, basically, your devine abilities. Each power level grants one spell, and 3 charges - charges are not linked directly to magic, so if you got to level 3, you would have 3 spells and 9 charged to use in any combonation you want. I am going to be leniant in that you can design your own magics - nothing too destructive or over-powered, please. I have last say of spells.

Favoured and Bane are linked to your personailty. You can have up to 3 things that you favour, and up to 3 that are your bane. They can be objects, animals, or even days! Abilities used on things that are favoured only cost half a charge, but things that are your bane are twice as effective against you
Gorbaz

Return to Out of Character