A Roleplay İdea(Tales of the marked ones)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

A Roleplay İdea(Tales of the marked ones)

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:48 am

Well guys. Basically i am thinking about starting a roleplay game which uses fantasy setting and based on mythology. İ already thought of a good background some game mechanics.

First of all game will start in a fantasy world and the players will start the game on a continent thats similar to egypt. Players will play marked ones. They will be all human at first chosen for a mission by keeper of time. And to aid them players will choose a mark which will give them powers and abilities. Also marks will be matched with mythological creatures.

Example:

Mark of the Anubis: Good close combat fighters and moderate spells(mostly close combat.) Good all round. Bonusses to diplomacy, penalty to bluff.

Mark of the Scarab: Great endurance and good close combat, weak spells. Can sacrifice his close combat for a stronger spell tree. Penalties for bluff, diplomacy with races other than Voxillians. Bonus for intimidate. Can fly at higher levels.

Mark of the Serpent: Excellent at spellcasting. Be it healing, primal or dark arts. Agile. Bonusses for bluff, diplomacy, seduction.

Mark of the Feline: Great close combat. Very agile. Can sacrifice close combat for a good spell tree, otherwise weak spells. Bonusses to seduction, inspire.

Mark of the Phoenix: Best elemental spells. Great healing spells. Low endurance. moderate close combat. Bonusses to diplomacy, seduction(for females) and intimidate. Can fly at high levels (Earlier than mark of scarab and more profficent.)

Pretty much this five marks i thought so far. İf any of your have suggestions go on. Game is based around marks. These marks basically lets user use the power of an arcane being. Using Marks greatly enchance you. But at the start of the game your ability to use Marks will be limited. As you continue using Marks you will get more attuned to it. Letting you use Marks longer, and giving you access to stronger spells but when you use Marks the power you channel starts to change your characters body. At first its not something visible but if as game goes on characters body will show features of the arcane being (they cant be ereased.) and after some point it permenantly transforms player into a anubis, voxillian, phoenian, lamia or a felinoid depending on mark. Also to make this clear Marks make you stronger and using them gives you great advantages but dont expect all changes that effects your character to be pleasant. So its a choice more than a balance system. You can decide to transform into an arcane being or you decide that your humanity is more precious and rely on your marks only in dire situations. But i warn you that i will make you use your marks so you will at least gain one or two inhuman features.

After the marks system i want to make an aspect system. Each mark will have 3 or 2 aspects of its own thus even the players of the same mark could fill different roles. Also aspect of system will be open at higher levels, meaning that those who use their marks mainly will benefit from them.

As you play the game i will encourage you to learn more about the world. At start what you know will be limited so you will also need to gather information. Also the acts you do will have consequences. And as game progresses i wont chain you to a main plot and will give you freedom, meaning; expect to compelete the mission keeper of time gave you before getting to higher levels.

Also there will be two character levels. First one wil be your standard level. Gain experience, level up, new traits etc. Other one is your Mark level and to improve it you need to use your marks. More you use your marks faster you improve your mark levels.

Tecnology will be equal to old times meaning, no gunpowder but sword and spears will be common thought there will be some magical tech.

Sex will depend on you. İf you want it thant so shall it be. İf you dont than... well there wont be... All chars would be open to rape though but dont worry there will be few things that would want to rape...

OPEN TO YOUR SUGGESTİONS. WANT TO HEAR THEM!!!
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Re: A Roleplay İdea(Tales of the marked ones)

Postby Reapergod36 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:57 am

Hm... Interesting, somewhat of a basis. Idk I might do a female, or if possible a he-she or one of both genitalia with a female appearance.
Death Is Inevitable.
Humanity Destroys Itself.
I Destroy All, But How Can I Do This.
Without Destroying Myself?
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Lady Foxy Wrote: Reaper of women's soles.
Reapergod36

Postby whitewidow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:37 am

Sounds good, so for instance if your feline you could eventually get retractable claws and sharp teeth, thus helping the close quarters aspect of the char?
I love lamp.
whitewidow

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:01 am

whitewidow Wrote:Sounds good, so for instance if your feline you could eventually get retractable claws and sharp teeth, thus helping the close quarters aspect of the char?

Yes you get retractable claws, sharp teeth, whiskers, fur, cat ears, mane(for males...), tail etc...

Reapergod36 Wrote:Hm... Interesting, somewhat of a basis. Idk I might do a female, or if possible a he-she or one of both genitalia with a female appearance.

İts up to you. İf you want to play a herm you can create a herm char.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby BlueLight » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 am

RavenLord Wrote: mane(for males...)

Because if i don't some one else might and it wont be as funny.
http://rlv.zcache.com/just_say_no_to_se ... 0i_400.jpg
RavenLord Wrote:
Reapergod36 Wrote:Hm... Interesting, somewhat of a basis. Idk I might do a female, or if possible a he-she or one of both genitalia with a female appearance.

İts up to you. İf you want to play a herm you can create a herm char.

Can i a person who changes genders at different times of day?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Kankra » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:40 am

Cool idea! The marks remind me a bit of this awesome show from my childhood. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5CRSngFNaU

Don't know if I'll drop in right from the beginning, since I've got some other rp's going on here as well, but I'll think about it, since I love the ancient Egypt.
Kankra

Postby Gorbaz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:03 am

An interesting idea, to be sure. I, too, am a bit of an anateur Egypt buff. So much so, that I would say that if you have a mark of "anubis", then instead of "feline", it could be "bast" (or bastet), the Egyptian cat-goddess of the home?

Just a thaught
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Gorbaz Wrote:An interesting idea, to be sure. I, too, am a bit of an anateur Egypt buff. So much so, that I would say that if you have a mark of "anubis", then instead of "feline", it could be "bast" (or bastet), the Egyptian cat-goddess of the home?

Just a thaught

Bastet is the arcane being that gives the mark of feline. You get the mark of Anubite from Anubis.

BlueLight Wrote:Can i a person who changes genders at different times of day?

Again if you want then go ahead but i want you to have stable genders since some Marks five different bonus for different genders.
RavenLord

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Well i just went on an thought about ability system and all that.

You have two kind of abilities.

Spells which are avaible to casters and abilities which are different to each Mark.

Abilities would be acquired by gainning mark levels and only few needs to be learned. Each ability or spell can used in three different strength level.
Low strength: Lowers the abilities effectivness but also prevents the energies of Arcane being from flowing into characters body thus greatly slowing the corruption.
Normal: You channel energies at normal ratio thus using ability at its normal power but also corrupting characters body faster.
High strength: Greatly enchances the power of ability but also causes much more corruption.

Abilities are open to every class though they differ from mark to mark. Also as you gain Mark levels not only you gain new spells or abilities but if you are a warrior or some other fighter class than you get great bonusses to your stats(again stats differ form mark to mark.) So as an anubis or scarab you can become great warriors relying on abilities. Though you wont have access to spells.

Spells are open to spellcaster classes. Some are insta cast while most of them have a cast time. Also they need to be learned from somewhere unlike abilities. There are four spell schools for now. Primal, healing, destruction, dark arts. İ am still thinking on some advanced schools. Also each mark have different affinity for different schools.

Also i will expect you to use your heads. Form plans and so on...
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:34 pm

So, going down the Mark path gets you abilities, and the capability to use spells, but not the spells themselves. I see. So, how does the magic work? Are there set spells that you can learn from specific people, or can you create your own? Like, if you knew a spell of sandstorm, and one of fire, you could combine them to create your own spell of flying sgalss shards, or something
Gorbaz

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Gorbaz Wrote:So, going down the Mark path gets you abilities, and the capability to use spells, but not the spells themselves. I see. So, how does the magic work? Are there set spells that you can learn from specific people, or can you create your own? Like, if you knew a spell of sandstorm, and one of fire, you could combine them to create your own spell of flying sgalss shards, or something

First you need to learn runes. Than you can experiment with them for your own spells or you can acquire spellbooks which have spells ready.
RavenLord

Postby MelissaB » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Ancient Egypt is always fun... I'm interested in playing but other than a more detailed idea of what our characters will be getting as they progress and when they first start i don't think i know enough to ask for much else
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Reapergod36 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:26 pm

From the neck up is how she looks, but the body I would kinda think mid c boobs. And kinda like the Sharpclaw women.
So probably something like this for my char. I haven't decided for fully female, or for her to have both genitalia yet.
Also less glaring, and more seductive.
Death Is Inevitable.
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Reapergod36

Postby Reapergod36 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Also I just thought of something, its not very original (but what is nowadays).

Mark = Who you follow

Aspect = How you follow
Death Is Inevitable.
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Reapergod36

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Reapergod36 Wrote:Also I just thought of something, its not very original (but what is nowadays).

Mark = Who you follow

Aspect = How you follow

Firstly you got it right. And you start the quest as a normal human and transform into something else as you continue to gain Mark levels.
RavenLord

Postby Reapergod36 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:58 pm

RavenLord Wrote:
Reapergod36 Wrote:Also I just thought of something, its not very original (but what is nowadays).

Mark = Who you follow

Aspect = How you follow

Firstly you got it right. And you start the quest as a normal human and transform into something else as you continue to gain Mark levels.

So do you need help preparing what the aspects are?
Death Is Inevitable.
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Reapergod36

Postby RavenLord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Yes... Help would be great. I only thought 6 aspects. 2 for scarab, 2 for anubis, 2 for feline.

Also you need to know the stat system. İ will send you i have if you are interested....
RavenLord

Postby Reapergod36 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:02 am

RavenLord Wrote:Yes... Help would be great. I only thought 6 aspects. 2 for scarab, 2 for anubis, 2 for feline.

Also you need to know the stat system. İ will send you i have if you are interested....

Hit me up man!
Death Is Inevitable.
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Reapergod36

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:18 am

Likewise. I've got a few Egyptology books that I'd be happy to root through for info and lore and stuff, if there's anything specific you're after
Gorbaz

Postby MelissaB » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 am

Sure send me the stat system when you can
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Next

Return to Out of Character