Pathfinder RPG

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Pathfinder RPG

Postby RavenLord » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 am

Banana stop dancing. =)

Jokes aside what you said to this point is true but i wonder, warhammer 40k deathwatch or rouge trader game rules could be customized to give player more control over his char. İt also has good mutation, corruption, psychic and insanity system. (But i also agree DnD rules almost cover everything and warhammer 40k rules are bit too complicated.)
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 am

So im just going to state it.
If i wanted anything to do with warhammer 40k i would go to my nearest gamesworkshop on like a Friday to play. We have a system that works with information on how to play given. if your going to suggest something and not going to give links to it I personally don't know what it is or how to play using so i cast vote as no by default.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby RavenLord » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Well googling it isnt that hard mate but you are right but since i dont have any links but have the book (and im too lazy to look for a link) i tihnk i will agree on DnD rules.

BTW you know that not all of us have gamesworkshop in our countries.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby banana » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:55 am

And besides, there can be no linking of anything that isn't under the Open Gaming License.
banana

Postby Laughing Hyena » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 am

Im game for such a pathfinder game so long as its medieval but thats just me.
Laughing Hyena

Postby Redw00kie07 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 am

I'm curious to this idea of Pathfinder. I've been a 3.0/.5 D&D player for a long time. Maybe I can try out an Alchemist. As for advance weaponry,maybe some muskets and pistols,but-depending on where we are-their normal price's are doubled due to uncommon or even rarity. But I'm sure you're busy trying to create the setting for the players,so I'll let ya be until you say otherwise. 8-)
Redw00kie07

Postby Demon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:26 pm

the story is done in all possible ways (so if your characters pass onto side quests, nothing catastrophic is going to happen). i made the story so it could be adapted to almost any setting (including racial details)
Everyone but us is the enemy...
Demon

Postby Redw00kie07 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am

Demon,How would you like our characters to be presented,sheet-wise?
Redw00kie07

Postby BlueLight » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Most likely there is a character sheet with this game type... you use that if it's around.
BlueLight

Postby banana » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:45 am

I think there is a template online, but I don't like it - it's laid out to be printed to paper and written on more than viewed on a screen, so everything is crammed into a confined area, and lots of space is left blank. I usually use a simple list of Key: Value pairs (and source calculations in brackets) in plain text so it can be copy+pasted everywhere and easily modified, for example:
-----
- Lord Awesome -
Level 1 Human Fighter - Lawful Neutral

(insert picture)

str 18, dex 14, con 14, int 12, wis 8, cha 10 (str 16 + 2 racial)
HP: 13 (10 + 2 con + 1 fc)
BAB: +1, AC: 19 (10 + 5 armour + 2 shield + 2 dex), ACP: -6
CMB: +5 (+1 bab + 4 str), CMD: 17 (10 + 1 bab + 4 str + 2 dex)
Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: -1
Init: +2

Special:
- (list class features and racial stuff that gives situational modifiers or special effects, for quick reference)

Languages: Common, Elven
Skills (4):
+2 Climb (1 rank + 3 class + 4 str - 6 acp)
+4 Intimidate (1 rank + 3 class)
+5 Craft (armour) (1 rank + 3 class + 1 int)
+3 Survival (1 rank + 3 class - 1 wis)

Feats:
- Human: Dodge
- 1st: Power Attack
- Ftr-1: WF (longsword)

Equip:
- Longsword
- Scale Mail
- Heavy Wooden Shield
- blah blah blah
Money: 7 gp, 8 sp, etc
Weight: whatever

Background:
blah blah blah...
banana

Postby BlueLight » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 am

I think i still have a character sheet generator in my book marks for DnD e4 but the same guy i think had one for pathfinder. It's done in Java script so it's sorta buggy at times.

Or i could've deleted the link when i stopped playing.
BlueLight

Postby Demon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 am

banana's got it all done pretty :mrgreen:
im working on some additional rules for seduction. shouldn't take more than 15 minutes
also thinking about victorian-medieval style for the campaign.
Demon

Postby Demon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:22 am

ok.....
seduction will be marked as a skill....i will later apply this to classes
when the seducer declares the attempt of seduction he must select his target(s) and make his roll as with any other skill (ranks+ab. mod+ misc. mod+ dice result)
the target must attempt a will save to resist the seduction (therefore, clerics and characters with his wisdom scores will resist a seduction easily).
the target can also attempt a sense motive check before the will save. if successful, he will receive a +4 bonus to his will to resist the seduction. if results in a failure, he will instead be granted a -4 penalty to his will check. (this grants clerics even more advantage).
certain things ,such as promises and oaths will also grant a bonus to the will save (this will be judged by me)
take 10......yes
take 20......no
aid...........no
key ability..cha
trained only....no
try again......the next day with a penalty of -1 if the last was failed
Demon

Postby BlueLight » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 am

So i'm just going to bluntly say what i under stand.
Demon Wrote:ok.....
seduction will be marked as a skill....i will later apply this to classes
when the seducer declares the attempt of seduction he must select his target(s) and make his roll as with any other skill (ranks+ab. mod+ misc. mod+ dice result)
the target must attempt a will save to resist the seduction (therefore, clerics and characters with his wisdom scores will resist a seduction easily).
the target can also attempt a sense motive check before the will save. if successful, he will receive a +4 bonus to his will to resist the seduction. if results in a failure, he will instead be granted a -4 penalty to his will check. (this grants clerics even more advantage).
certain things ,such as promises and oaths will also grant a bonus to the will save (this will be judged by me)
take 10......yes
take 20......no
aid...........no
key ability..cha
trained only....no
try again......the next day with a penalty of -1 if the last was failed

Seduction is a skill and classes will get bonuses.
This line is straight forwards but for (ranks+ab. mod+ misc. mod+ dice result) and thats because i'm not use to the naming conventions yet.
Target must resist using Will.
Targets can attempt a insight check if passed +4 to resist is failed - 4 to resist.
Promises and oaths i',m guessing are things said between characters.
Take 10 is either 10 sided dice, 20 sided with anything hitting below or equal to 10.
Take 20 is same as above but you don't use it.
Aid spell doesn't help.
Key Ability. You use the Cha modifier to add to your roll.
Train only: no means you can raise it by leveling up.
Try again is straight forward.
BlueLight

Postby banana » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:08 am

What's the exact consequence if the check succeeds? The target is then willing to have sex, I assume, but is that unconditionally? If after succeeding, the seducer then starts talking about some crazy fetish, or if a fat friend comes in to cock-block, would the effect end, and a new roll be required? In that sense, might it be treated like the Bard's fascinate ability, with respect to conditions that end the effect? That is, obvious threats like combat (or sick fetish talk) end the effect, potential threats (like him talking about star trek) allow more rolls to shake it off, and allies can interfere and end the effect with a standard action (or maybe a minute of talking, to use the social time scale rather than the combat time scale).

I disagree with using a Will save as the opposing roll. Will saves tend to be for resisting magical effects, which is why all spellcasting classes get good progression in them while non-casters get poor progression. But if you think about what seduction is, it's basically an attempt to cause someone's instincts to override their better judgment. This is the same thing that happens when you use Intimidate to influence attitude. Therefore, I would suggest using that as a model, which has the check being opposed by (1d20 + hit dice + wis). And, things like the Paladin's Aura of Courage, which protect from fear effects, should also extend to resist seduction attempts (but not Charm, which is different). By that, I mean that a 3rd level or higher paladin would only ever spread her legs if she makes a rational decision to do so, and never from another's influence, much like how she would only ever run from a fight as a rational tactical decision, never from a fear spell. Likewise, the addition of a spell similar to Remove Fear, but called Remove Lust would make sense.

The Sense Motive check to get a bonus or penalty doesn't sit right with me. Why not instead structure it so that a successful Bluff check by the seducer (opposed by Sense Motive) will grant a bonus to the seduction attempt (or penalty on failure). This puts the decision in the hands of the seducer whether or not to risk it, so that the target uses Sense Motive as an automatic defense, instead of a risky optional strategy.
banana

Postby Demon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm

point taken....
a very disturbing point but still, taken....
the skill wouldn't actually have that type of consequence..(it would act like bluff or intimidate). Maybe basically like a charm person spell....
I hate these subjective things.
About the sense motive check to get a bonus....I don't really know what kind of crap got into me when I wrote it XD.
Remove Lust makes sense only if i put a Cause Lust spell too. (yes to the spells anyways)
"a successful Bluff check by the seducer (opposed by Sense Motive) will grant a bonus to the seduction attempt (or penalty on failure)"
that IS better!
Demon

Postby banana » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 am

I didn't mention Cause Lust, because the effect would be measured as a subtle influence over a long period of time, rather than, like Cause Fear, a dramatic effect over 1d4 rounds. For this purpose, the Suggestion spell is a much better fit.

A Charm Person spell is effectively a quick and easy Diplomacy check. It makes people become your friend. The spell version of seduction would be better handled by Suggestion, as I noted above. For example, you're implanted with the suggestion that the man talking to you is handsome and great in bed. If you want a lower level version, I would suggest following the lines of Lullaby, the 0th-level spell that gives you a penalty to resist Sleep spells.
banana

Postby thedude9351 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 am

I like where this is heading when will the char sheets be ready
The Dude abides
thedude9351

Location: A little town in the middle of nowhere deep in the sunny Californian Desert

Postby RavenLord » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Banana dude i know will is different in pathfinder and DnD games but i know a system where will plays a larger role. İ mean will is your chars determination to go on, move forward to reach his goal whatever the cost. İt allowed players to not only resist spells but, resist paralyze, slow, fear(natural), seduction (in some cases), and death at his last levels.

We called the system customized. İn that system higher will gave player chance to resist death to some point. İf you had will high enough you could roll a 2d10 too see if you survive a blow which could incapcitated you or outright killed you.

Like think about two mages that are fighting. The mage with higher will eats a fireball to head and loses his last wound. When other mage celebrates his victory the mage with higher will rolls a 2d10. He rols enough so his char raises with one wound and throws a lightning bolt straight to other mages face.

This rool could be repeated many times and when char with high will succeeded resist rolls they could inspire other chars around them and make them resist fear and succeed their moral checks. This shows how your inhumanly determination affects others. Enemies automaticaly need to roll moral checks if they want to stay in fight when you resisted death. And with each resist roll you succeed in same fight makes enemies to have penalties while rolling their moral checks.

So if seduction made to prevent you from reaching your goal i think it should be countered with will.
RavenLord

Postby Redw00kie07 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 am

Here's what my character is gonna be. Let me know if I need to make any adjustments.:

- Zeke -
Level 1 Half-Elf Alchemist - Chaotic Neutral

str 12, dex 15, con 11, int 17, wis 14, cha 10 (int 15 + 2 racial)
HP: 8
BAB: +0, AC: 15 (10 + 3 armour + 2 dex), ACP: -1
CMB: +1 (+ 0 bab + 1 str), CMD: 13 (10 + 0 bab + 1 str + 2 dex)
Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +2
Init: +2

Special:-Alchemist: Alchemy, Brew Potion, Mutagen, Throw Anything
Bomb - 1d6
-Half-Elf: Medium size, 30ft.speed, Low-Light Vision, Adaptability(skill focus), Elven Blood,
Elven Immunity(immune to magic sleep & +2 v.s. enchantments), Keen Senses,&
Multi-talented(alchemist & rogue).
Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin, Halfling, & Gnome
Skills 7(4+int):
Acrobatics:+2 (rank 1+ dex 2- armor 1)
Craft (Alchemy):+10 (rank 1+ class 3+ int 3+ s.f. 3)
Knowledge (Arcane):+7 (rank 1+ class 3+ int 3)
Knowledge (Nature):+7 (rank 1+ class 3+ int 3)
Perception:+9 (rank 1+ class 3+ wis 2+ racial 2)
Slieght-of-Hand:+6 (rank 1+ class 3+ dex 2)
Spellcraft:+7 (rank 1+ class 3+ int 3)
Feats:
- 1st: Point Blank Shot
- Racial: Skill Focus (Craft-Alch.)

Equip:
- Combat Scabbard - 1d6+1,x2,Blunt,+1 hit
- Bombs(lvl+int/day) - 20ft.,1d6+3(4 splash),x2,Fire,Refl.1/2,DC:10+1/2lvl+int mod,+3 hit
- Studded Leather(3armor/5dex/-1pen.)+Explorer's Outfit
- Adventurer's kit(bedroll,rope,rations,waterskin) + portable Alchemy kit
Money: 0 pp, 8 gp, 4 sp, 6cp

Hair: Brown,short Eyes: Blue Age: 25
Weight: 130 lbs Height: 5' 10"

Background:
Redw00kie07

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character