Labyrinth of Broken Virtue (2.0 Version Discussion)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Labyrinth of Broken Virtue (2.0 Version Discussion)

Postby banana » Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 am

The computer is supposed to roll all your dice for you in a matter of nano-seconds, which is what makes these complex dice-based systems so easily ported to video games.
banana

Postby SexyFoxTime » Thu May 12, 2011 3:40 am

....Oh i see! i get it now :O
Girls give it up for the summer time, because boys are on the beach looking good and i'm feeling fine, im on a misson to make you mine, just put the music on give it up for the summer time

SexyFoxTime, your daily Birthday suprise :3
SexyFoxTime

Location: Sitting in a meadow, cleaning my sword, looking for her...

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 4:00 am

invisiblecastle.com is a fantastic web roller.

Oh and a large edit here but just to give a small example on how the character creation is handled let me give an example to you guys. I'll run down briefly how a character is made by the standard method. And I will also be giving examples in the handbook I am typing up.

Lets say Mary wants to make a elf warrior character called Lady Sue. And she is new to the game so she goes off the standard generation. She gets two 1d10, two 1d8 and two 1d6. She has six stats to allocate these dice to. Strength, Agility, Vitality, Intellect, Discipline and Beauty. Figuring to Max her character she divides her dice like this.

Strength: 1d10
Agility: 1d6
Vitality: 1d10
Intellect: 1d6
Discipline: 1d8
Beauty: 1d8

She calculates the sides of her dice to get her starting Health, Mana and Virtue scores adding her class bonuses as a warrior.

Health combines Strength and Vitality giving a total of 20 (10+10) with 15 from her class bonus.
Mana uses Intellect and Vitality hence a total of 12 (6+6) with no class bonus.
Finally Virtue uses Discipline and Vitality for a total of 18 (10+8) with 10 from her class bonus

Health: 35
Mana: 12
Virtue: 28

Now all Mary would have to do is find her race and class traits in the handbook and presto Lady Sue is ready to dive into the labyrinth.

Anyway thats the idea. Using simple math with quick rules to create depth. Of course character creation is painless but Im sure people wanna know how combat is handled and I'll touch on that eventually.
Laughing Hyena

Postby trunks2585 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 am

Here's my only question (sorry if it's already been addressed). If this is going to rely on dice rolling, how will everyone know everyone is giving honest results on their rolls?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 am

It has not been addressed Trunks so I'm glad you brought it up. Basically invisible castle has a search engine for rolls. So I can follow who rolls what by searching for a name if I find the roll questionable. Thats one good point about that one in particular. The second anti cheat device is that I usually ask for links to said roll made by players which is another benefit of invisible castle. So there shouldn't be too much issue.
Laughing Hyena

Postby rencarnated » Thu May 12, 2011 8:30 am

So what would stop someone from rerolling, and sending you that link. it looks like it has a lot of holes in it :/
What? My fetishes? well let's count... OH $#!% IT'S OVER 9000.
rencarnated

Postby trunks2585 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:50 am

So when you say you can search for users, I'm assuming the site keeps a temporary log of users and their rolls, like say up to a day or two, or the past 20 rolls by a person?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 am

Actually I can trace back my own rolls to about a year ago. Second of all you need a name to go by when you roll, typically its your characters name. For example if trunks rolls and uses his name I can now track every roll he makes by searching for his name. And every roll is numbered and dated. And I have actually caught cheaters like this as well.

So yeah, nothing stops them from re-rolling and sending me the link but all I have to do if I find something suspicious is peek at your name or start looking at the past rolls made
Laughing Hyena

Postby banana » Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 am

How's this game coming along? Are the rules all in place yet?
banana

Postby Gorbaz » Wed May 18, 2011 9:11 pm

You know, I'm starting to take an interest in this...
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Lalicore » Wed May 18, 2011 11:14 pm

this honestly seems rather complicated, but i'm willing to give it a shot. let's see how it turns out.
You only live once.

So tell everyone exactly what you think.
Lalicore

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 19, 2011 8:42 am

To Banana. <-- Im making some progress, more specifically with the races and getting the basic magic system down. As for the rules all being done, on paper and text programs not yet. I have to alter some of the combat rules wording and such to avoid the dreaded rules lawyers exploiting them. The more difficult aspect of revising lies in the carnal combat.

To Gobaz and Lalicore <-- Im glad to see how much of an interest this is garnering and it is refreshing to see it. I enjoy the support and it fuels me to keep writing and balancing.

The Players Handbook will come out first.
Laughing Hyena

Postby kitsune106 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:48 pm

where will we be able to find this handbook?
kitsune106

Postby Hurati » Thu May 19, 2011 7:10 pm

If I can understand the handbook, I'll give this a try.
We need bigger kittens.
- Lucky the Vampire Dragon
Hurati

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 19, 2011 8:28 pm

<-- I'll post it here for you guys in a separate thread.

Secondly is there any particular race you guys would like to see in this game as well? Remember that I have Human, Elf, Beastmen, and Dragonkind so far. Anything else?
Laughing Hyena

Postby Gorbaz » Thu May 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Well, if it's primarily a fantasy setting, I would say that it would be nice to have some of the lesser-used bipedal D&D races, like Kobold or Ettin. I must say, though, that Ettin would take a hell of alot of skill to roleplay, being one person with two heads.

I'm considering trying to recreate a very old character of mine - a lycanthropy-infected Human cleric, but I would love to be able to play as a Kobold instead
Gorbaz

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Hmm are kobolds under full copyright by DnD or are they more universal in the world of fantasy? I know Pathfinder uses them as well.
Laughing Hyena

Postby Gorbaz » Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I think they are a prety generic race. D&D, Pathfinder, WoW, and I think even Warhammer have them. Have to look into it, though.
Gorbaz

Postby Gorbaz » Thu May 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Well, I've done some research, and Kobolds are, in fact, a mythological fairy or sprite, most commonly from Germany, and have three distict forms - house kobold, mine kobold, and ship kobold. Having read up on the mythological background, and finding out that they were believed to turn into anything from a chair to fire AT WILL, makes me think that they may be a tad unsuiteable...
Gorbaz

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Is there any other race that I have already that fills this role better then them? The reason I ask is because is it distinctive enough that it could have its own take on it or could it already be accomplished by another race that I have put out?
Last edited by Laughing Hyena on Thu May 19, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laughing Hyena

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character