Labyrinth of Broken Virtue (2.0 Version Discussion)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Labyrinth of Broken Virtue (2.0 Version Discussion)

Postby Laughing Hyena » Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 am

Wasn't too sure where to post this thread but since its a table top game and not a flash game I decided that it would be more suitable here for discussion. I have been working by myself over the past year and a half into making this game which is a dice based game. Originally I finished it and made a 1.0 version but I was personally unsatisfied even though I had a good amount of positive feedback from people because as I hosted the game there were significant flaws in the dice system itself which was a d10 system that used a "lower is better" mechanic. However in application this did not work because of the stats I went with. Not to mention I didn't have an effective magic or power system save for what was in my head and what i used for judgement.

In short, a mess and a very unpolished game. So this half a year later and I am revamping the system and upgrading the base mechanics to make it much more playable so that one can use the manuals and be able to run a game by themselves. This game kind of went like a cross between old dungeon crawlers like Wizardry or Lightning Warrior Raidy with a struggle mechanic similar to run or rape games. The highlighted features that seemed to be a hit with whom I had played this game with was a simplistic by in depth character creation system, the copulation system and simplistic mechanics.

For the refined version I am going to be upgrading the character creation and placing a new dice system into the core mechanics to add to both the customization and also simplify the result calculations so it doesn't feel like the tabletop game Fatal. Also I am also making a magic system on top of this. That way the Players Handbook and Creature Codex will have a much better quality. If people want to know more about it, I will be happy to divulge what I have so far and talk things over.

Opinions and constructive suggestions are indeed welcomed. This will help smooth things out better and also help get input on what people would like to see in this tabletop game.
Laughing Hyena

Re: Labyrinth of Broken Virtue (2.0 Version Discussion)

Postby kitsune106 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:28 pm

will this be a roleplay then?
Last edited by kitsune106 on Wed May 11, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitsune106

Postby SexyFoxTime » Wed May 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Laughing Hyena, if this is a game please post this topic/Idea in the creative corner or the Disscussion Forum, the roleplay Forum is not for ideas unless it envolves your roleplay or another,
Girls give it up for the summer time, because boys are on the beach looking good and i'm feeling fine, im on a misson to make you mine, just put the music on give it up for the summer time

SexyFoxTime, your daily Birthday suprise :3
SexyFoxTime

Location: Sitting in a meadow, cleaning my sword, looking for her...

Postby banana » Wed May 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Tell me more...
banana

Postby Laughing Hyena » Wed May 11, 2011 11:31 pm

SexyFoxTime ---> Like I said, I didn't know if this was meant to go there or not since this is a tabletop roleplaying game and not a flash game. My apologies though for having to say this to me and I shall place this thread in the proper place if thats the case.

Kitsune106 ---> And yes. It is a roleplay. With the most diabolical idea ever. DICE!
Laughing Hyena

Postby banana » Thu May 12, 2011 12:12 am

If it's a roleplay, I will definitely join. I'm interested in seeing your rules system, and also seeing my beautiful elf warrior get violated by unholy creatures.
banana

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 am

Banana ---> Alright well I suppose I shall start at the beginning for you so i can answer your question. First of all there is a default method for newcomers to divide stats into. Stats aren't given numbers in this system but rather dice and the higher the dice is the better you are in that particular area and this can also influence the three sub-stats. You have two 1d10, two 1d8 and two 1d6.

The six stats in question are...

Strength - Melee attacks are tied into your Strength and holds direct influence over your Health Stat. This dictates how well you can control a grapple by force, perform feats of strength and so forth.

Agility - Ranged attack is tied to your Agility in many cases and holds influence over what kind of position you can assume in sexual combat, evasion and also feats of dexterity.

Vitality - Vitality universally affects Health, Mana and Virtue and doubles as your defense against climax and pregnancy also allowing you to resist both physical pain and pleasure.

Intellect - Intellect directly affects how proficient you are with arcane magic and also allows you to know more about your enemies, what hidden knowledge items have and so forth. It directly affects your Mana as well.

Discipline - Discipline affects skill with divine magic and also is a mental defense against mind control, persuasions, sexual torture and so forth. Also it allows you to discover things you might miss out. It also affects Virtue.

Beauty - (I may change the name of this Stat) Beauty is effectively a double edged sword.) This determines how able you are at using your own sexuality to gain a upper hand. This also dictates just how much virtue damage is inflicted to your opponent as well, giving you an advantage during sexual combat. However as a downside this also means you have a lot more appeal to more monsters and beings and as such you can expect to be targeted more often for it.

The Sub Stats are Health, Mana and Virtue.

Health - Obviously Health indicate how much physical punishment your body can withstand before your life is lost.

Mana - Determines your Mana Pool which is used for many techniques alongside magic. All beings have mana within them living or not.

Virtue - Indicates how stable your mentality is and is reduced by sexual assault (such as rape), mental assault (such as insanity), and spiritual assault (such as monsters that drain spirit energy). Complete loss of Virtue means you lack the willpower to press on. Be it by becoming a living sexual doll, rendered insane by malicious magic or drained to the point where you are a simple soulless puppet.

There are four races so far, Human, Elf, Beastmen (for the furs), and Dragonkind (for the scales).
Laughing Hyena

Postby kitsune106 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:26 am

how far have the rules been fleshed out?
kitsune106

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 1:49 am

kitsune106 Wrote:how far have the rules been fleshed out?

The magic system I am still constructing and revamping. (And I wanna keep that one under wraps for a moment Character creation is done but is still capable of being upgraded as I am dissatisfied with just four races to play as and I feel I am missing a few. Classes are being tweaked so that there's a touch more substance to them because as of 1.0 it was purely bare bones. Combat mechanics have to be tinkered with to update it to the new system but I can incorporate it from my head. It just shall take time to type up.

The creatures codex has all the monsters up to "D" statted and fleshed out with both powers, descriptions and lore surrounding them. Which by my current count of monsters is 6 out of 20 monsters. Feedback and testing however is needed naturally to expose flaws in the new system.
Laughing Hyena

Postby banana » Thu May 12, 2011 1:58 am

However as a downside this also means you have a lot more appeal to more monsters and beings and as such you can expect to be targeted more often for it.

That's an upside! :D
banana

Postby kitsune106 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:03 am

heh... so what monsters have been statted so far? any werewolves?
kitsune106

Postby rencarnated » Thu May 12, 2011 2:20 am

Well i'm in. sign me up for a sexy dragoness!
What? My fetishes? well let's count... OH $#!% IT'S OVER 9000.
rencarnated

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 2:24 am

Sweet Ren.

kitsune106 Wrote:heh... so what monsters have been statted so far? any werewolves?

Blood Lotus (A natural predatory plant with both beauty and danger behind it's mask)
Crimson Blasphemy (An undead monster created from a violent death that typically travel in packs.)
Concubine (A necromantic homunculus that a succubus would be proud of.
Death Root [Really wanna rename this one...] (Tentacle Pod which enjoys dark and damp areas.)
Dryad (Beautiful and Benevolent Fey creatures)

As you can see I am making classic monsters and also trying to come up with my own unique monsters as well. Female adventurers are not the only ones in danger. Men are also capable of being put in such a position of weakness. In fact just to give you an idea of what to expect. I will give you a sneak peak at the concubine.

Concubine

'An alluring and beautiful woman in soft silk see-through robes looks over towards you beckoning you into the bed chambers. Her skin nothing short of soft pale perfection with passionate eyes of a crystal blue hue and her hair a gorgeous fiery red. Her soft breasts are perky with dark red nipples peaked into arousal that makes your blood boil within you loins and daring to look lower you notice her lower body is immaculately shaven. Her faint smile at seeing you so turned on and attracted to her is an invigorating sight as she slowly disrobes. She doesn't say anything but no words need be said as you approach slowly and allow her embrace. It is then as that intense passionate kiss placed upon still living lips greets you do you notice something wrong. Her skin is cold as ice and a slight numbness begins to greet your body when you passionately kissed her. As her hand reaches lower only then do you realize your folly and now are in a battle of wits and resolve...'

The Concubine is a deceptive yet beautiful mockery of life, often appearing as a human, elf or similar fair being but always of the female gender though extremely rare variants are of a hermaphrodite nature. She is an immaculate beauty created from black widow brides, brides to be, maidens of the night and so forth. The necromantic magic used makes them physically immortal unable to be discerned by many as one of the undead. Often appearing as pale skinned women, these creatures exist to drain the life force of their victims through seduction and sexual acts, harvesting it to not only sustain them but often to recover such energy for their creators.

Concubine Stats

Strength: 1d4
Agility: 1d10
Intellect: 1d6
Vitality: 1d10
Discipline: 1d10
Beauty: 1d12

Health: 14
Mana: 16
Virtue: 30

Special Powers

Gaze of Seduction: The Concubines first weapon of choice comes from her beautiful nature as she can mark a target for her affections forcing a Discipline check against her Beauty roll. Should the victim fail this roll he automatically begins to strip a piece of clothing off and must move towards the concubine. He cannot attack the concubine during this trance until the Concubine attacks him or someone else does.

Paralyzing Kiss: The Concubines greatest of weapons beyond her beauty is her kiss. With a single kiss to a victims lips she can cause numbness to take hold of the victim. Unless they succeed at a Vitality roll against the Concubines Beauty roll the victim is temporarily paralyzed for a maximum of three turns. It is during this time that the Concubine will copulate with her prey unmolested and by the end of the duration the victim may have to deal with another kiss. However each kiss given by the concubine that succeeds decreases the duration of the effect by one turn to a minimum of zero.

Draining Life: The Concubine is a harvester of the living's spiritual energy and she does this in the act of lovemaking itself. Every time a Concubine sexually assaults a victim and forces an orgasm from him she deals damage to his Health instead of his Virtue siphoning the life essence from the victim.

Reproduction and Impregnation: The Concubine is incredibly durable in the manners of copulation as the ritual that animates her composite undead form makes her highly enduring when it comes to physical acts capable of taking creatures that would normally be a tedious task for many beings. Also she as an undead construct has no loss of stamina or shame as she is unfeeling. Hence a Concubine never suffers penalties for Virtue at 0 as she will continue her assault indefinitely unless broken free of.

Being an undead construct, she cannot reproduce by normal standards but what she can do is bestow unlife in a drained female victim during the final orgasm if she is ordered or under orders by the necromancer that created her, giving a shard of the life essence which has been corrupted by the necromantic magic, back to the unfortunate victim. In this fashion she will return to the living world as a concubine in a days time eager to serve the necromancer and hunt the living.

Vulnerability (Undead, Greater): As one of the undead she shares their weaknesses as well as a unique one. First and foremost is that she is unable to venture upon sacred ground or pass a line of flower petals. The holy energy and beauty of these restrain the concubine however she will find another path if possible. Secondly a unique weakness the Concubine holds is that she is too beautiful and upon looking into mirror she will be compelled to pleasure herself transfixed by her own seductive gaze. In this helpless state which lasts as long as the full effect of her gaze does, she is easy prey and unable to defend herself.
Last edited by Laughing Hyena on Thu May 12, 2011 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Laughing Hyena

Postby kitsune106 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:25 am

wow... interesting so far.
kitsune106

Postby Thaedael » Thu May 12, 2011 2:38 am

Greetings again Laughing Hyena,
If you ever have more questions about the forums feel free to ask me at any time in pm's or through emails. What SFT suggested is more for third party flash games, and not so much for this. As for what you are trying to do. I have played many tabletop games over the years, in many different settings and scales and I am wondering what you plan to do. I know that I wouldn't be the kind of person to go to a friend's house and play a table top war-game that revolves around sex. It seems something better suited to MIIRC or online play. That being said however I suggest maybe developing it towards that end, but have the rules interchangeable with representing it on the table.

If it is essential to have a conceptual space in playing the games I would recommend using digital graph paper, you could easily paint it in using something like a paint tool, and would be simple enough that everyone can do it. I also question the necessity for the 3 different dice type, preferring a 2D10 system myself for most of the role-playing style games I have partaken in.

Eg: 1 red d10 1 blue d10, the red being the "tens" the other being the "ones"
*Thaedael wants to ban someone, to do this he needs greater than 50 on a righteousness test*
*Thaedael rolls a 10 on the red and a 10 on the blue, rolling an total of 100 thus passing the test by a threshold of 50, it's super effective*

Eg:
*SexyFoxTime: wants to attack a goblin. To hit the goblin he needs better than a 40*
*SexyFoxTime: rolles a 3 on the red and a 9 on the blue, he rolled a 39. However since he is both sexy and a fox he gets an additional +2 to this roll
resulting in 41. The margin of success is 1, he just barely manages to clip the goblin and kill it.*

Other than that looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Thaedael

Postby SexyFoxTime » Thu May 12, 2011 2:56 am

I killed a goblin level up- 500 points- ninja status, overload!
*rolls a 15
*walks 32 paces northeast
BATTLE,
i'm really confused by dice roleplays serieously why not do it old fashioned or make up a new system?
or better yet i'll try to learn
Girls give it up for the summer time, because boys are on the beach looking good and i'm feeling fine, im on a misson to make you mine, just put the music on give it up for the summer time

SexyFoxTime

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu May 12, 2011 3:09 am

SexyFoxTime Wrote:I killed a goblin level up- 500 points- ninja status, overload!
*rolls a 15
*walks 32 paces northeast
BATTLE,
i'm really confused by dice role plays serieously why not do it old fashioned or make up a new system?
or better yet i'll try to learn

Well I figured to get something along those lines. I know dice RPGs tend to be looked down upon in forums and other places online. Anyway the goal of this particular game is to make it so that it is simple in mechanics, whilst making sure doesn't need algebra to figure out what happens.

In either case I am glad you wish to at least try it out SexyFoxTime. I hope I don't disappoint. :-)
Laughing Hyena

Postby SexyFoxTime » Thu May 12, 2011 3:13 am

Naw you won't, being that talented and agleast ignoring what other people look down upon and doing it, now that takes gutsy Laughing Hyena :3

SexyFoxTime

Postby banana » Thu May 12, 2011 3:34 am

The great thing about starting with just a rules system is that you can port it to any medium - table top, play-by-post, chat, or a video game. This sounds like it would be pretty cool as a Diablo-style dungeon crawling game.
banana

Postby SexyFoxTime » Thu May 12, 2011 3:35 am

well, i could probably ask for someone to whip up a random dice animation (click, rolls to 100, FIGHT) is that good or?

SexyFoxTime

Next

Return to Out of Character