Ether Works' Altera (OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Ether Works' Altera (OOC)

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 am

Err...how much Silver is 1 Gold worth? Considering that everyone starts out with just 3 Silver - which isn't enough for even a basic Potion, might I note - and Greg gave 1 Silver as a tip to Jo for the drink, he may have to pull a monetary substitution here...
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby BlueLight » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am

Zender_Solarheart Wrote:Err...how much Silver is 1 Gold worth? Considering that everyone starts out with just 3 Silver - which isn't enough for even a basic Potion, might I note - and Greg gave 1 Silver as a tip to Jo for the drink, he may have to pull a monetary substitution here...

I think 10 cop for 1 silver. 10 silver for 1 gold.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Noosie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 am

napsii Wrote:How high does the bonus for enemies being in numbers go? Because I feel like Severine's opponents having an automatic +8 to their rolls in this case would be patently unfair, being that the highest Severine can possibly roll is 11.

Napsii, might I direct you to this section of the game mechanics?

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

If multiple people team up to do the same thing, say two people team up to fight the goblin, I'll roll the highest of the traits you all possess, use the highest bonus, and then add +1 for each person after the first. For example, Ned, Ted, and Ed, all decide to fight an orc and a goblin. Ned has a Might of d8 and his bare hands, Ted a might of d6 and a knife for +1, and Ed a Might of d4 with a sword for +2. The orc has a Might of d8 with a sword for +2 and the goblin has a might of d4 with a knife for +1. For Ned, Ted, and Ed, I'll roll 1d8 (Ned's Might), +2 (Ed's Sword), and +2 (three people in total). The orc and goblin will roll 1d8 (the orc's might) +2 (the orc's sword) +1 (for the goblin). The winning team will all get to post their side if they win.
The Token Evil Party Member
Noosie

Postby TheDaughterOfHades14 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 am

Name : Claire Jones
Concept : Human swordswoman
Appearance : 4'9, black hair with red highlights, double d cup breasts, skinny, red eyes.

Might : D8
Cunning : D6
Charm : D4

Equipment : One two handed sword (can split into two one handed swords) (+2 to combat rolls), 5 throwing daggers, a tent, a journal, a rope (+1 to climb rolls), and a jug.

Player Settings

Sexiness :

Oh No... - enemies might overpower or blackmail your character into sex.

Money : 2 gold pieces, 3 silver pieces, and 5 copper pieces.
Seriously gonna stop being Rape-Bait

Y U NO HAZ SEX WIT ME ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
The Daughter Of Hades has reached 666 posts...

Till we meet again in the after life...
TheDaughterOfHades14

Postby Oroboros1337 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 am

@Zender_Solarheart : The conversion is indeed 10 copper = 1 silver, 10 silver = 1 gold. Yes, a potion is expensive for a starting character. However, remember that in this system, a healing potion is more like an extra life. You lose, you down it, you get to fight again. Also, once characters get adventuring, they'll be able to afford more things. This is the base starting point after all.

@Napsii : The numbers don't really have a limit, as many people can gang up on one person as they'd like to. Yes, this fight is patently unfair for Severine. She is in quite over her head. However, I will point out a few things. 1) she's gone into a dungeon where the baddies are expected to be 4 levels higher than she is right now. 2) She deliberately split up from Melancholia, her travel partner. 3) She deliberately antagonized the chef who is the boss of the kitchens, then missed a queue that he thought she was supposed to be a tower inhabitant. Noosie has indeed found the correct part of the mechanics for my existing rules. Do you find this kind of set up disruptive to your enjoyment, with those facts included? If so, I'll see what I can do to work with you in the future on this. I'm happy to play this RP a little differently for different people. As anyone following Sortaix's plotline may realize, we've had some talks through PM about their desires for this RP and Salora's situation is incredibly unfair, by design. Inferi's character, Kayleesa, isn't going to be nearly as hosed by her potion purchases as Salora was.

@DaughterofHades14 : Looks good. Feel free to post yourself into the RP wherever you'd like to.

Edit : Napsii a while back mentioned that some of you on here like to hang out on Skype on occasion. If anyone wants to add me to their Skype contact list, feel free to add me. I'm oroboros1337 on there too.
Oroboros1337

Postby napsii » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 pm

No, it is OK. It makes sense mathematically speaking and I'd rather not contravene basic logic. It's just not my type of situation. Goblins are known for being gross, after all.

Either way, it all comes down to a dice roll in the end. Perhaps that Severine's chances of winning are infinitesimally small (due to the vast disparity in rolls) because of this is what had me rubbing my chin.
napsii

Postby Oroboros1337 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 am

@napsii : Rather get captured by some tuxedo clad spies or burly barbarian men? :P Though in all seriousness, if the idea of goblins grosses you out, let me know and I can make sure to skip that kinda thing for her. I never know what's going to be hot and what's going to be not.

Same thing goes for everyone really. If you find your character captured by lizard men in a swamp and the idea of it makes your skin crawl, just shoot me a message either here in the OOC area or in a PM, and I'll do what it takes to sidestep it for you. This is fun, not a test of fortitude.
Oroboros1337

Postby napsii » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Oh, lord...

Indeed, it is not really my preferred thing. I'm picky. Ha.
napsii

Postby Oroboros1337 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Ugh, out of time again... Okay, I've got the most of my post finished up, but need to put some finishing touches on it tonight. I promise tonight you'll see another post from me to keep this game going. Accursed work...
Oroboros1337

Previous

Return to Out of Character