Ether Works' Altera (OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Ether Works' Altera (OOC)

Postby BlueLight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 pm

The room is directed, produced, written, assistant produced, and acted by the same guy. Not joking. Like 75percent of the title credits have his name.

Anyways i need to check the latist ic post
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Oroboros1337 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:51 am

Leveling up!

When your character acquires enough experience points to level up, they are awarded a 'skill point' to spend. The 'Skill' that you select is something you make up, just like your equipment. Except, instead of it being your equipment, it is a trait you possess. An example of a popular 'skill' for a warrior character would be 'Sword Mastery'. If a warrior were to level up to level 2 and take their skill point in Sword Mastery, they would get a +1 to any checks they made using that sword from then on.

Much like equipment, I encourage you to get creative with what your skills are. Some examples to get your imaginations going could be Sword Mastery (for rolls with weapons), Stealth (for rolls to sneak), Elemental Magic (for rolls to spellcast elemental magic), Iron Will (resisting people's persuasive arguments, seduction attempts, or charm spells), Dragon Slayer (bonus to rolls versus Dragons), Trader (bonus to checks to haggle with merchants), Fire Magic (bonus to using fire spells, this could stack with other skills like Elemental Magic), Locksmith (bonus to rolls to pick locks), Quick Feet (bonus to rolls to run away or catch up to something or someone).

Each skill is not allowed to be more than two points higher than your next highest skill. What I mean by this is if you were a Warrior and you took the skill Sword Mastery, you'd be able to raise it to +1 or +2 without a problem. Before you were allowed to take it to +3, you would have to get another skill, like Dragon Slayer, at +1. Once this warrior has Sword Mastery +2 and Dragon Slayer +1, he'd be allowed to spend his next level up to bring his Sword Mastery to +3. His Sword Mastery would not be able to go to +4 until he'd raised his Dragon Slayer to +2.

When a character levels up to a level divisible by 5, (level 5, level 10, level 15, and so on), that character upgrades one of their dice a rank instead of getting a stat point. So, for example, if their Might is 1d6, they can upgrade it to 1d8. 1d4 upgrades to 1d6, 1d6 upgrades to 1d8, 1d8 upgrades to 1d10, 1d10 upgrades to 2d6, 2d6 upgrades to 2d8. I'll expand on the upgrade chart when anyone gets to that level.

I know these might be pretty confusing for some people, so if you find yourself totally confused, I'm willing to answer questions that people have, either now, or when they level up. If this is too confusing, when you level up, I'll tell you what you are allowed to increase and what you aren't.
Oroboros1337

Postby Icaelus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:05 am

Oro, maybe you should edit this post into a spoiler and add it to the main post so this doesn't get lost :3. Also, maybe we could expand on the CS by adding this to keep track of our characters :

- (Character Name)
Level:
Skills:
Money :

Simple and obvious enough, eh?
Sleep unbeknownst to I, this one lives in perpetual need of coffee..
Icaelus

Location: On the run from people hounding me for posts. Oh dear.

Postby napsii » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:04 pm

I think I understand perfectly. Sounds good to me.

I assume we state what we're going to upgrade explicitly in our post when we level up.
napsii

Postby Grape Me » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 am

I just started watching SAO and I really want to join this. Is there any space?
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby Oroboros1337 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am

Icaelus, good idea, consider it done.

Napsii, yeah, calling out your level up selection in your post is a good idea, makes it easy for everyone to know what happened.

LosDiablo, yeah, sure, I've got room for one more. :) Join on in.
Oroboros1337

Postby Grape Me » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Name : Timth, LosDiablo
Level : 1 Experience : 0 / 10
Concept : Tank Warrior
Appearance :
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Might: D8
Cunning: D6
Charm: D4

Skills :

Equipment:
-Buster Sword:

The Buster Sword is classified as an enormous longsword. From tip to handle, it is approximately four & a half to five feet long, with a double-edge, enormous blade approximately one foot wide at the base and narrower the way up. It has black engraved marks on it, and a golden hilt. +1 to combat rolls

-Hardlight Shield:

A large shield with a gem in the center. The Hardlight shield is not to be messed with. +1 to defense

-Cape of Courage:

A cape for more style. People can't help but to feel a little more comfortable around with it on. +1 to charm

Misc Equipment:
-Mushrooms of Mobility:

Makes user faster for short duration of time. It makes his heavy armor not weigh him down in speed.

-Whetstone:

Used to sharpen blade to give it an attack bonus.

-Normal Wear:

Sometimes he likes to dress casually .

Money: 2 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Copper

Player Settings

Sexiness :
Play Nice
Last edited by Grape Me on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby Grape Me » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm

So is everything in order? If so how exactly do I jump into this?
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Hey, Oro, I just wanna double check, but does 1 gold=10 silver or 100 silver? Just gotta know how I need to budget my money
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Oroboros1337 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:22 pm

One gold equals 10 silver. One silver equals 10 copper. Good to double check when you aren't sure. :)

LosDiablo, you should probably fill in your level as level 1. The only thing that looks like it might be a concern is your Mushrooms of Mobility. I'm fine with the basic premise, I just worry about them being a non-plus piece of gear. I just wanted to point out that if something comes up where I'm having you roll to, say, flee a dragon chasing you, those wouldn't be able to actually help you run faster in respect to the dragon. I'm happy to let you have them to, for example, just flavour in how it is you got from this town to that town at the speed of a horse back rider, but when it comes to a fight, or escaping a fight, or running down a criminal fleeing through the streets, they won't help you. If you are fine with that, great, keep 'em. If not, I recommend you buy some later when your character has some cash, or spend one of your starting Equipment with pluses on it.

As to jumping in, basically just feel free to pick a place in the game world and post yourself in. Bump into someone at the market. Pick another location to start play at. Wherever you want.
Oroboros1337

Postby Noosie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Oro, not get get too munchkiny, but could we take a penalty from an item (Example: Heavy armor making it harder to run away) in exchange for an additional bonus of equal or lesser value? Keeping within the +2 max limit, that is.
The Token Evil Party Member
Noosie

Postby BlueLight » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Sorry but i don't think i am going to be very active if some one talks to senji. I'm kinda stressing out about life.
BlueLight

Postby joeyjoey61297 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:29 am

I put my stuff in my signature in the spoiler it works well easy to maintain.
joeyjoey61297

Postby Grape Me » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I think you should add some sort of armor system that gives us penalty as well as bonuses. Like the following:

-Light Armor

1. Defense Bonus: Low
2. Mobility Bonus: High
3. Stealth Bonus: High
4. Magic Bonus: Varies

-Medium Armor

1. Defense Bonus: Medium
2. Mobility Bonus: Medium
3. Stealth Bonus: Medium

-Heavy Armor

1. Defense Bonus: High
2. Mobility Bonus: Low
3. Stealth Bonus: Low

I don't know how you would work it but it's just an idea.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby Oroboros1337 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 am

@Noosie : Yeah, I think I'm cool with that idea. If you want to include a -1 to something in exchange for a +1 on something, that'll be fine. Just so long as you don't go nuts on it.

@BlueLight : No worries, RL comes first. Come back to this whenever you have things settle down, you'll be welcome to return. If you never do, then thanks for the interest.

@joeyjoey : Good addition, very useful for people talking to your character, helps them move right on with the RP.

@LosDiablos : Interesting idea, but that's a lot of rules to be adding strictly to armour. One of my goals with this RP has been to keep things simple. Maybe too simple, I'm pondering some things, but I think that is best served in a separate thread. I think I want to 'fine tune' my "Forum RP Rules" in another thread, get some feedback from everyone on them, then once that's done I'll see if people want to convert this thread to those rules. I don't want to change a whole pile of things though one at a time.
Oroboros1337

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 am

The thing most people don't understand about armor is that it's rock paper shot gun.
look, armor is great and all, and in fact a bible in a pocket has saved many lives from hot lead; but knights with lances and swords used daggers because it could get though enemy armor. why use such a small blade to kill some one in armor you might ask? because it was better than using a huge ass sword. I don't think such a simple and yet complex armor system is a good idea. in fact i'd personally want something more in depth but again this is to complex for this Rp in my mind.
BlueLight

Postby daxtinator396 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey Oro this is an online game will there be a way to chat with other players not near you? Like if they are in your party?
daxtinator396

Postby Oroboros1337 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 am

@daxinator : Hmm, I'm going to say yes. Chat systems should be available, though I think I'll also say that the messages are only sendable between people who friend each other, to prevent spamming and that kind of thing. This also means no 'sending alerts to everyone online' for anything.
Oroboros1337

Postby daxtinator396 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh cools :3 just wondering and call me Dax Oros everyone does :3
daxtinator396

Postby napsii » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm

How high does the bonus for enemies being in numbers go? Because I feel like Severine's opponents having an automatic +8 to their rolls in this case would be patently unfair, being that the highest Severine can possibly roll is 11.
napsii

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character