Elder Tales - Nova Frontier! (Log Horizon Roleplay)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Elder Tales - Nova Frontier! (Log Horizon Roleplay)

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 am

Been itching for this for a long time, but I’ve wanted this rp to happen forever now. This will be based on the series Log Horizon and focus on the North American Server and its aspects of life within Elder Tale. One of the biggest issues I’ve had and wondered about is the level gaps should I start any or all of you at low levels. To remedy this I will be instating time skips after every large event or chapter where the players will be able to grow in abilities and skills.

Premise

Imagine today… as you are now. Playing your favorite MMORPG game Elder Tale at your desktop. Keyboard and mouse both stained and scratched from overuse as there lays a few empty cans of soda or energy drinks. It’s the middle of the day and you know the new expansion pack for the game is being released in Japan at midnight within their respective region…

You’re on edge of anticipation as you know the NA and SA servers are always the last ones to receive and update. However you decide to log in one more time to see the world of Elder Tale before the dramatic change of the Nova Sphere Pioneers expansion pack. Suddenly as you log in and pick your character everything is black… before you vision fades back into reality… as you see the familiar city streets that aren’t far from your home overgrown with vegetation and moss… you stand up but stumble have trouble gaining balance… your height has changed… even the weight of your body?!

How will you survive and discover what has happened within your reality to lead you to this new one!?

Plot and Settings

Basically you’re stuck in the game with no idea on how or why you got stuck in the first place as well as the whole NA community that you were playing with. This means the main Cities of the NA Servers will be based on the USA and Canada.

In this scenario there will be at least five major cities filled with players and npcs. The starting point will be decided at random, but I will allow for you use of background to state where the character is originally from. However I will place everyone together if there aren’t enough players to divide… if not then well then I have enough players to divide.

San Francisco- The great port city that receives trade from many parts of the world. From the lore… or at least what is usually fed to beginning players is that the city was once a great commune of intellectuals and beasts that decided to build a bridge after many decades of fighting one another as a symbol of connection and peace as the mountains serve as barrier to all their enemies.

Toronto- A snow based Fort city that had stood against time and the brutalities of war. Not much has been remembered or left behind by the culture that lived here with the exception of the buildings and underground passages that form the city’s second layer.

New York- Port city of the East having known the cold just as much as Toronto, but faces numerous threats from the wildlife inland.

Austin- A heated city centered along a wall that borders the southern regions. A treaty is established between the kingdoms of the south to aid Austin should it’s rivals threaten it and vice versa to its southern counterparts.

Vancouver- Another port city similar to San Francisco, but favors more of it’s ability to thrive on it’s connection to other port towns not too far from it’s location to thrive during the cold spells of winter.

Character Creation

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name:
Appearance: (Pic if applicable)
Race: http://log-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Races
Sex: (Male, Female, Futa/Herm)
Class: https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/lo ... 0405211549 (Take your pick and I’ll give stat bonuses, but big but…. If you choose a class outside of the NA zone you must provide a reason within the background.)

Sub Class:(Will be generated off of your background)

Guild:(Will be assigned one, but if you give me a good enough background I'll allow you to have your own guild.)

Background: (Paragraph or two about your character and their personality)

Experience: (You will have the choice to start as either a noob-lvl1, casual-lvl20, experienced-lvl30 or Veteran-lvl50. Finally is Hardcore which will be level 90, the max level prior to the expansion this will be given to a player with expressed permission by me. Noobs and Casuals will get the temporary boost of exp pots where it will take less time to grind for experience during time skip periods.) Noobs- 24pts, casuals- 30pts, experienced- 36pts, veterans- 42, hardcore- 50 to distribute amongst stats.

Strength:-5
Endurance:-5
Agility:-5
Dexterity:-5
Intelligence:-5
Wisdom:-5
Luck:-5

8 players max
Last edited by KnightVanilla on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Re: Elder Tales - Nova Frontier! (Log Horizon Roleplay)

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 am

Player list

Reserve List
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Stickasensi » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 am

Name: Jericha
Appearance:

summoner_by_zeiva.jpg

Sex: Female
Race: Half-Alv
Class: Summoner

Sub Class:(Waiting for Assignment)

Guild: (Waiting for Assignment)

Background:

Jericha has always been a bit of a hothead and prone to rush into situations. Although she has always been loyal to her friends and those she deems worthy of her trust. Though that trust is hard won with others she is ready to give anything to find a guild to join and rely on.
She can be persuasive in a sexual manner she has found from her experience. Although she can be a bit of a ditz sometimes, much to her own dismay when she eventually realizes her folly.

Jericha in the real world always found herself lucky enough to be on top of personal wealth. She was quite skilled at penny pinching where she could, she would often cut coupons and sometimes clumsily enough herself, just to save that few extra cents. Her friends often criticized her whenever they went out for a girls night out to drink and eat jericha would sometimes even look up coupons for their specific restaurants that they would go to and even look up online to see if it was ladies night at the local bar.

A bit of a penchant for the curious and unknown she was always the first to go head long into a new adventure with friends like a road trip or a hike in the woods.

Experience: Noob - Lvl: 1

Available Skill points: 24
Strength:2
Endurance:2
Agility:2
Dexterity:2
Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6
Luck:4
Last edited by Stickasensi on Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby mrblah » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:58 am

Name: Hart Kidman
Appearance:

this thing broke so many times, just take this link. i think you know what it is. https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3573884

Race: Elf
Sex: Male
Class: Assassin

Sub Class: i'm assuming you do this part.

Guild: same with this part, then.

Background:

Hart has always been a strange fellow. He had a reputation for being smart, but his oddness kept most people from befriending him. He'd make a lot of macabre jokes and always seem happy, and he'd even easily insult someone with a grin on his face. It was hard for most people to get a read on him. Due to this, he mostly spent his time alone, and grew up playing a lot of video games solo. He's also a bit of a pervert, but that part's probably obvious. He's selfish and can be cowardly.

He lived with his older brother, who's a workaholic and was never around. Due to this, Hart learned to be mostly independent and emotionally strong, in order to live through his harsh life. After becoming acquainted enough with the game, Hart had made a few acquaintances when he needed allies to aid him, but he doesn't care much about them, only using them when needed. He used to be obsessed with detective shows and films when he was younger.

Experience: Casual-LVL20

Strength: 6
Endurance: 4
Agility: 6
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 2
Luck: 3
Last edited by mrblah on Sat May 06, 2017 5:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Alright then I'll give it another four more days and I'll have your characters up in the list
KnightVanilla

Postby Lord Butts » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:17 am

This concept sounds fun, although I don't know anything about Log Horizon, would I be okay to join even being a noob on the subject?
Lord Butts

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:36 am

Sure it wouldn't be too bad.
KnightVanilla

Postby Lord Butts » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:12 am

Name: Tarisune
Appearance:

Sex: Herm
Race: Half-Alv
Class: Sorcerer

Sub Class:(Will be generated off of your background)

Guild:(Will be assigned one, but if you give me a good enough background I'll allow you to have your own guild.)

Background: Tarisune is a bookish girl, always reading a new book or article online, or a strategy guide. She is a master of planning, and has a love for the real time strategy genre. She thought she would get into MMOs, with a big expansion coming out soon she figured it would be a good time for a casual to get in and have some fun while the big dogs finished their end game raids and such. Shes always up for a new challenge or puzzle.

Experience: Noob

Strength:0
Endurance:2
Agility:2
Dexterity:2
Intelligence:10
Wisdom:6
Luck:2
((Not sure I did my numbers right, if I didn't please correct me.))
Last edited by Lord Butts on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Butts

Postby mrblah » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:16 pm

@Lord Butts

you used 19 points, but noobs start out with 24 points, so you still have 5 points to spend.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:30 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Just a quick issue I forgot to add but each character needs to fill in a race as well I'll link it here and on the main character sheet.

http://log-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Races
KnightVanilla

Postby Stickasensi » Tue May 02, 2017 2:50 am

Updated my post, sorry finals week has been drawing closer.
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue May 02, 2017 5:10 am

It's not a problem the start up post may take some time for the exact same reasons as well as your guys background info for guilds and what not
KnightVanilla

Postby Stickasensi » Tue May 02, 2017 5:20 am

I appreciate the understanding, but would me improving my characters background make it easier on you?
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue May 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Definately
KnightVanilla

Postby DarkSanctuary » Wed May 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Name: Sennzai. IGN: Feryquitous.
Appearance:

Race: Race of Rituals
Class: Cleric

Subclass: to be assigned
Guild : to be assigned

Background:

Sennzai had always been a rather quiet and shy girl, silent unless spoken to or when she finds a need to speak. As such, she never really had any friends since young.

To compensate for it, she spent most of her time in libraries, reading all sorts of books of many different genres. To her, it was a way of escaping reality as she imagined whatever she read in her mind. Whenever she reached a part in the book where a person offers help for others, she wished she could do the same.

As the years passed, she had worked on being more vocal and tried to help others. This resulted in her joining the Red Cross to help the sick and injured. She felt a sense of fulfillment in her life, though she was still quite shy.

Chancing upon the game Elder Tale, she realised she could use it to help her overcome her shyness. Thus she decided to give it a go.

Experience: Casual

Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Agility: 2
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 10
Luck: 2

Her body has 4 runes. One on the front and the other three on her back that go down the middle. All 4 runes glow when in Activation mode.

Front rune (Overdrive Rune):

Back rune upper (Magician Rune):

Back rune middle (Chariot Rune):

Back rune lower ( Empress Rune):

DarkSanctuary

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri May 05, 2017 2:35 am

Awesome loving the players so far, However I must state that the starting post will be lagging due to my college needing to maintain my priority. So in the mean time try to build up your backgrounds.
KnightVanilla

Postby Lord Butts » Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 am

Hey, just a heads up, I'm going to a big music festival and won't be back until tuesday, The 9th. Sorry for any inconvenience, feel free to go on without me.
Lord Butts

Postby Urhr93 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Is there still room for another player? If yes then here's my CS, if no... then nothing, ignore it xD

Name: Sae Yoake
Username: Scarlet

Appearance:

Race: Human
Class: Assassin
Sub Class: to be assigned
Guild : to be assigned

Background:

A normal girl, born from a normal family in a normal city... is what she should have been.
Somewhat anti-social to the point of being considered autistic by some, Sae has always liked to keep aloof rather than join the usual cliques that formed back then in school and then again in university, and this tendency made a socially awkward loner out of her.
Not that she cared, since the internet and video-games were here to replace any social dealing she might lack.

Elder Tale was one such game. She often ventured into this world as a solo player, enjoying the sights and the gameplay... until she lost some money in a gambling house, then borrowed game currency from the wrong people and lost that too, leading to her being coerced into joining a more-or-less infamous guild as a grunt.
At least they didn't restrict too much her freedom, as long as she got the job done when they called she could do whatever she wanted, so even though the “missions” were more often than not something related to pk and kill-stealing she didn't dislike it that much.

Experience: Casual
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Agility: 7
Dexterity: 7
Intelligence: 1
Wisdom: 2
Luck: 5
Urhr93

Postby Lord Butts » Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 pm

I lied! :D I'm back now and ready to play!
Lord Butts

Postby Stickasensi » Wed May 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Finals week is approaching an end so ill be able to update my CS soon
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Next

Return to Out of Character