Creation

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Creation

Postby athalas » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:36 am

Hello, everybody! First of all, i must say that i've been following LoK since lots of years ago, when K was still banging one or two lizards and she actually had a health bar. I can say i LOVE what you people did, it's a marvelous work, even with the sexual touch it has.
Now then, to business! I want to learn how to animate like you did with K, Samus, Liru, etc. Corta's platformer, for example, is a tremendous project, same as Legend of Krystal, Sakyubasu no Tatakai, and Dusty's castle. I can't aim right now for a full game, just for an animation, something simple. I've read the tutorials, but what I want to know is how to get all the characters, backgrounds, buttons and stuff each (or most ) of your animations use. As such, I ask... BEG you, if necessary, to teach , or tell me how to do it, or to help me in any way. I know it takes time to learn, and we all have to learn in our own ways, but hey, a little help never hurts !
Besides, i have some nice ideas, that i don't really think ANYONE thought about . Some nice , kinky , epic animations, or games. BUT I need help for that! I have to know, or have, the basic skin, the basic walk animation, the sound files, the buttons, the backgrounds, and, since these are present in many, many animations, i believe they don't really have an owner that can claim them. With the bases, and the tutorials, i could put up a short animation pretty fast. So PUH-LEASE aid me .

Probably they are already posted, but, since i am asking for the basics, it would be much easier for me (and for any newcomer) to have them all in one place, instead of searching for them.

Thankies a lot for your help, and... KEEP UP THE BRILLIANT WORK!!!
athalas
Newly Registered

Re: Creation

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:00 am

Welcome to the community, man. Let me know if you need help. I'll be glad to offer whatever services I can to assist you. This site needs more ppl willing to create.
Terrantor!!!

Postby athalas » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 am

I just got my Adobe CS4 licence, and i can't wait to test it. I just made a spinning sword, nothing special, just to see how it goes. Thank you for assistance, once i get the handle of this , i will tell you what i need. Thankies!
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:08 pm

I can tell you a little about programming on flash if you will need it (the basics) ;) Just PM me if you will need it. Unfortunatly i am not good in animation and drawing so in this question i can not help you ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby athalas » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am

Thank you. The animation will be the problem for me, since i don't have much time to tinker with it and learn too much on my own. Drawing, fortunately, is easy for me.
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby athalas » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 am

Okay. First question.

I made a pretty nice looking ... thing, simmilar to Xerath from LoL. I imported the image, and tried to put bones in the arms, apart from the body. I could only put one chain of bows, and i understood then, that i should've separated the arms and torso, and also should've taken away the background (pure white). How do I do that? How can I animate that picture i've made? Must i go back to editing it, separate the parts into different images, and then import them one by one?

Also, what I fail to understand is how to create a character as K-fox, or Samus, or any from your games, and animate it to look so smooth and hot as in Corta's platformer. It's just that... I can't manage to actually DRAW any of your characters, and I am not saying it's difficult, I just don't know where to start. Did you do it with the flash paint tool? If so, it's very impressive.

Thankies.
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Just as you've assumed, you need to draw each individual part and then form them together. The best way to learn how to do that is to pretty much download one of the .fla's and study how they put their characters together. You can make images in photoshop or sai, just remember to trace them into vectors to reduce file size. There's actually a trace bitmap function you can use to simplify the process, only thing is it isn't optimal as it creates really complex figures.
Terrantor!!!

Postby athalas » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:48 am

Sai is, in fact , what I used. And , just after posting my last comment, I went to CS4 and tried making an arm. I had in mind basic Samus for that. And it went out ok. I will have to tinker more with this stuff thoug.
I have another (my,my, will I ever stop?) question: can i take a base model and then edit it? As in , give it clothes, new hair, weapons and stuff? If so, where and how can I get one? I downloaded Corta's (what a God!) .fla , but for some reason my CS4 won't open it ...
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm

athalas Wrote:Sai is, in fact , what I used. And , just after posting my last comment, I went to CS4 and tried making an arm. I had in mind basic Samus for that. And it went out ok. I will have to tinker more with this stuff thoug.
I have another (my,my, will I ever stop?) question: can i take a base model and then edit it? As in , give it clothes, new hair, weapons and stuff? If so, where and how can I get one? I downloaded Corta's (what a God!) .fla , but for some reason my CS4 won't open it ...

I think Corta use the latest version of flash so it is impossible to open it in CS4.

If it is possible for you try to use latest version of flash. Or for example you can try to find free treal 30 days version of flash for example CS5 - and recompile fla from CS5 to CS4 then use them. CS6 can save fla like CS5 so you can ask some body to recompile fla files from any version to CS5 version and then recompile it to CS4 version on your PC :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Or for example you can try to learn animation on other model - for example Krystal i think that fla files with her are on CS4.

Or you can try to find flash of his model with seporated parts and then import it to flash :roll: :mrgreen:

Cheating is our all ;) :lol:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby athalas » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Oh well, I didn't want EXACTLY Corta's models , i just needed a basic Samus, and, knowing that she's one of the first models, i thought i might find it.
I think it would be a rather useless waste of the little time I have to download the CS5 , unfortunately. I managed to animate an arm, and pretty fast, actually. Was it five minutes? Ten? Anyhow, all I need is a time gap, and some motivation.
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=430&cache=1&start=40
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3895&cache=1

Try to look this topic may be there are CS4 or CS5 models. I will try to look forum too and if i will find some thing i will try to post there a link.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Show us what u got so far. We can provide better instruction after seeing it.
Terrantor!!!

Postby athalas » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:24 am

Hello! Long time since I last commented. Well, I tried to make Ashe from League of Legends. It's a terrible mess, so don't be too harsh ^^.
Anyways, there it goes!

Tell me what do you think of it, and how to make the clothes stick to each body part (as in upper arm, lower arm, etc)
I still have to get her gloves and bow/arrow done. After that, I will go for Shyvana, Elise, and we'll see if I make another one. Once the three models are done, I intend to make a ... threesome with them, having Shyvana and Elise in monster forms as a possibility. I will see if I get a minion or two done too. Maybe a tower...
Hm... maybe a short platformer, or just a plain animation, like 'Ridley Fight'. If I make a platformer, then the minions will be important too. If not, then... well... Only threesome.
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:35 am

You need to attach the file to the post. We can't see it otherwise. :) Can't wait to see it.
Terrantor!!!

Postby athalas » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:47 am

Well , I thought I had posted it already. For some reason, this time, when I try to do so, it tells me I can't upload a FLA. file ...
athalas
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:51 am

Try just attaching the .swf that's created when you compile it. That'll post the movie in for an immediate presentation of your work. Uploading the .fla is like uploading your source-file. Some ppl are uncomfortable giving that out. But you should be able to attach .fla files regardless. so That's a bit weird.
Terrantor!!!

Postby athalas » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 am

Oh well... My Ashe is a total mess... ^^

I still need to learn things about Adobe Flash CS6...
It's rather tiresome to paint her... and now I need to figue out how to make each part a symbol, how to put them together so I can make her walk, and then start making other characters, some background, and learn about buttons... And I have literally NO TIME...
But I won't give up! :D

Anyways , tell me what you think of her. There is a problem with one of the breasts, in its color ...
Corta, if you see this, I admire you! You and all the character creators! It's such a pain in the arse to do them...
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Ashe2.swf [ 54.29 KiB | Viewed 1666 times ]

athalas
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:09 am

I really like it. Post this on Corta's Splatformer thread and more than likely she'll feature the art in her game. As for putting it together and creating symbols there aint no doing better than the way the standard model is configured. create a symbol containing both the skin and clothing models in one movie clip. But keep the clothing on a different layer. A coder can then build a script to control the clothing's condition and type.

One thing I'd recommend is drawing a little more texture. A cool way to do this is to select the pencil tool and click the little pencil+squiggly icon below the tool selections. select the inking option and draw the outline to the textures. Then select a good shade and fill it all in. the inking option looks beautiful, but is not too optimal as it creates a lot of points. you can remedy this with the smoothing option for the best balance.

So far, so good, though. Keep up your work and you'll for sure have your own Creative Corner Project.
Terrantor!!!

Postby corta » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

looks neat. :)

there only one thing I'd mention (and maybe you just haven't got around to it, yet)
but, your shapes are missing their outlines, and that's what's making them look kinda flat.
it's gonna look great when it's done, though. I just know it! :D

athalas Wrote: and now I need to figue out how to make each part a symbol, how to put them together so I can make her walk,

whenever she's ready, I'll get everything working as I add her to the template ;)

athalas Wrote:Corta, if you see this..

*blush*
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:25 pm

All of the dusty/sakyu/lok sprites and templates are up for grabs in the Creative Corner on my thread. Feel free to use whatever you want.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Return to Tutorials