A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Anatomy thread!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am

Day 2 of the Anatomy thread and here's my yield:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

kryrig.swf [ 21.89 KiB | Viewed 1675 times ]

I've decided to divide the torso into four sections. This makes animation very fluid and pleasing to the eye. The torso is uncolored for a reason as I needed a sort of x-ray vision to see what was going on and where there would be line breaks. It seems as long as I'm careful, the stroke remains continuous, which is a vitory I'm very proud of. Expect a fully colored model, next update. Any suggestions or criticisms are welcome.
Last edited by Terrantor!!! on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terrantor!!!

Re: Anatomy thread!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Hey, guys. I'm just another project starter, never finisher. This current project I'm on involves model creation. I'm in the process of making a new sprite for LoK. my beef right now is nipple placement, tell me if I did it right. If not, what helps you guys with the issue. A few other things I'll get to are leg length, both segments, feet segmentation, and the almighty proportions guide. Also, I'm available to address some of my favorite guidlines for the torso/head proportions.

Here she is:

The one facing the screen is good, the on the the left (if you look from the backside), just drag it a bit to the right, it should be fine. The shading in the eyes and torso are really good, keep it up. And also, your finishing this project, and I'll see to that..
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks, bro. I just fixed it and it looks great. Here's that model I was trying to show you, lol!
Terrantor!!!

Postby That_One_Guy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 pm

I can never get down how to use skeletons on my characters, Everytime I try, I fail horridly (the last time had my skeleton up and the rest of my character fell into a puddle of ooze) Does the Skele need to connect to a certain part of the character or does it automatically attach itself?
That_One_Guy

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 pm

That_One_Guy Wrote:I can never get down how to use skeletons on my characters, Everytime I try, I fail horridly (the last time had my skeleton up and the rest of my character fell into a puddle of ooze) Does the Skele need to connect to a certain part of the character or does it automatically attach itself?

Bones are going to attach themselves to the movie clip you click on and the movie clip you release on. In that order, too.

The best way to make a bone rig in flash is to actually make seperate skeletons for each appendage, this one I made is done with angle constraints and locked bones. As for positioning them, it' pretty important especially for complex armatures. You just have to kinda visualize the axis on which each part turns. Use your transform tool to modify where the bone connects, the little white dot is where the bone starts and ultimately where the clip rotates around.

If you're not connecting your bones to movie clip symbols, that might be the cause of the ooziness. Connecting them to raw vectors is cool, but extremely difficult and requires that you use the bone binding tool. I am studying how to do this for soft bodies like tits n ass, but no yields, yet.
Terrantor!!!

Return to Tutorials