Trouble in the land of CS4

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Trouble in the land of CS4

Postby Titan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 am

Alright, the fact that i cannot figure how to loop animations is beyond the power of even "Google," which I do believe has never failed me before.

Simply, i would like to know what the code to loop a section of animation is, and where to place it (whether it be on a new layer, or on a previously made one), so that i may loop the animation indefinitely.

EDIT: I have a new question, hopefully to be answered.

While trying to edit the actions for a button, in the 'actions' panel there is an error message, which states, 'Current selection cannot have actions applied to it.'

This occurs after right clicking on the button instance in the flash and tried, but failed, to edit the actions.

Is anyone able to explain this, and perhaps provide an answer around it?

Edit 2:

Never mind, i did some research and figured out my problem for "EDIT" :D

Hopefully the last edit, EDIT:

Honestly, this problem has pestered me for just over three hours, and has laid upon me anger and contempt for Flash CS4. But i trudge on despite my lack of determination.

Problem to address: While entering the action text, as to create a button, i continue to find an error message (below)

I am eluded as to what a 'rightparen' is, but the location it must be placed in, is before the '3' i believe.
Attachments
button trouble3.jpg
Last edited by Titan on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Titan

Re: Trouble in the land of CS4

Postby yoyooyo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 am

Preferably you'd use a separate layer for all the code, so you know where it is. Create a keyframe right where the animation ends, and put gotoAndPlay(X); in it, where X is the frame where your animation starts. If you're using labels, you can write the label of the frame instead of it's number.
yoyooyo
LoK Team Member

Postby Titan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 am

Thank you!
Titan

Postby Nyst » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Getting technical here, your error is, like the report says, in
Code: Select All Code
gotoAndPlay(Scene 3);

what you want to do here is either tell it the number of the frame to go to, like
gotoAndPlay(3);
where it will go and play frame 3
or you can give the specific frame a name under properties (you'll see a little red flag appear in the frame if you go), and then refer to it like so
gotoAndPlay("Scene 3");
Nyst
Newly Registered

Postby jawanexa » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 pm

How to click on one image to make duplicates of it in photoshop cs4? I'm trying to make columns in photoshop cs4 to use for a storyboard. I made one square and need to make more that are the same size as the first one. What is the shortcut way of doing this?
jawanexa
Newly Registered

Return to Tutorials