Good flash player?

A place for tutorials on how to get the most out of Flash

Good flash player?

Postby Passerby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 am

Alright, so I'm wondering if there's some really spot on flash player somewhere out there, one that plays files well and, ideally, has a jump to frame feature.
Now I mention plays files well because, maybe about the time flash 10 rolled around, some players just didn't render certain shapes for some reason. And I remember some time ago having a flash where I could just right click and select "jump to frame" and, knowing exactly which frame I needed to get to, made some things a lot easier.
So I don't know...adobe stand alone flash player doesn't have this, or a slider or anything to move around with as far as I know, and I've only found one online that kind of does so far, with a slider to jump to frames...except because there are just so many frames in some of these flash works, it ends up with zero precision.
Imagine trying to check out the samus scene if legend of Krystal had 10,000+ frames...as I've seen some games have. I guess I could mention here it's the "Eol soft" one, in case the slider thing might be useful to you, as it is for LoK, but...I'll still keep looking for better.
Which is where you come in! Anyone have anything to share, perchance?
Passerby

Re: Good flash player?

Postby Kalypso » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:24 am

There is one, and its the Flash Game Master. You can get it, but if you download it from anywhere else at the official site at cordyblog.cn, you'll get some hidden Audible (ADH) file in it that likes to access the internet a lot. Textbook geek, its either a trojan, or some other form of suspicious file.
Its useful for traveling through and ripping sprites and anims as well as scenes, though I do suggest that you prevent it from accessing the internet when you're using it, because it has pop-ups that open up (no matter what) on internet explorer unless you do. Its a fun little tool, and once you figure it out, you'll be very happy. BUT: know that its not the safest thing in the world to use, I'm not even sure if its okay off of the official site; if you're really cautious, I'd just steer clear and use the advanced [and official] DEBUG Flash Player 10.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Nextus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Also, (given that i read what you said correctly >.>) I stumbled across a program called Flash Decompiler Trillix, basically does the same as Kalypsos FGM, but haven't really used it yet, so can't say for sure. Also, got a torrent link if you'd like to try it :P
Nextus

Postby Sainiku » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:54 pm

http://www.globfx.com/products/swfplayer/

This is the standard flash player most people seem to use. Just note that if you need to use the spacebar key, you might run into trouble. ^^;
(spacebar in swf causes play/pause)
"Whatever. I'll just eat you up. Bones and all!" -Juri
Sainiku

Postby Kalypso » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 am

Nextus Wrote:Also, (given that i read what you said correctly >.>) I stumbled across a program called Flash Decompiler Trillix, basically does the same as Kalypsos FGM, but haven't really used it yet, so can't say for sure. Also, got a torrent link if you'd like to try it :P

Yeah, Flash Decompiler Trillix is a good one--though, its basically a copy of SoThink's SWF Decompiler. Of course, they both cost money, so you can do your magic if you are of the pirate nature. A mild warning though: LoK decompressed ends up being around 1GB of data.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Sainiku » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:58 am

Now i'm slightly confused. It sounded as though the OP was asking for a simple flash player such as Swiff player, not a flash decompiler tool...
Sainiku

Postby Kalypso » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 am

Sainiku Wrote:Now i'm slightly confused. It sounded as though the OP was asking for a simple flash player such as Swiff player, not a flash decompiler tool...

I think he's looking for a tool to grab materials from the game, because he doesn't have the power to do that with the Adobe Flash 10 Player Standalone.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Sainiku » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 am

Kalypso Wrote:
Sainiku Wrote:Now i'm slightly confused. It sounded as though the OP was asking for a simple flash player such as Swiff player, not a flash decompiler tool...

I think he's looking for a tool to grab materials from the game, because he doesn't have the power to do that with the Adobe Flash 10 Player Standalone.

nnnnnooo... i don't think so...

He said he's looking for a flash player like eol soft flash player, but with more precision in it's slider, and able to jump from frame to frame... i don't see anything in his post talking about a decompiler. o.O

"Alright, so I'm wondering if there's some really spot on flash player somewhere out there, one that plays files well and, ideally, has a jump to frame feature."
Sainiku

Postby Kalypso » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 am

Sainiku Wrote:
Kalypso Wrote:

nnnnnooo... i don't think so...

He said he's looking for a flash player like eol soft flash player, but with more precision in it's slider, and able to jump from frame to frame... i don't see anything in his post talking about a decompiler. o.O

"Alright, so I'm wondering if there's some really spot on flash player somewhere out there, one that plays files well and, ideally, has a jump to frame feature."

Eh, then I wonder why he mentioned trillix.
Otherwise, I guess the Swiff of Flash Game Master would work, of course, FGM has a LOT of features. Problem is that it's risque if you get it anywhere but cordyblog.cn--and its confirmed safe, don't worry. Just disable your internets.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Passerby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 am

Trillix? I mentioned nothing of trillix....or decompilers in general. Though I do use trillix for all my decompiling needs, but that's neither here nor there.
Like Sainiku said, I was just looking for a good player, and FGM does seem to fill that roll...but the popups and whatnot terrify me. I'd love to see if regedit could do anything about that, but I haven't got the expertise, which just means I'd have to use it offline. But I think that one's ideal, aside from that minor setback, so thank you.
As far as use goes, I was really just looking for something that worked with a few extra doodads. Ways to (hopefully) get around the occasional flash that disables right clicking (and thus disables quality toggle), ways to skip around through high frame flashes, etc etc. Decompiling and editing are great, but I figure I'd best avoid that which I've no skill in, I'm rarely on the creation side of things, I just like to get the most I can out of a flash.
Passerby

Postby Kalypso » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:57 am

Passerby Wrote:Trillix? I mentioned nothing of trillix....or decompilers in general. Though I do use trillix for all my decompiling needs, but that's neither here nor there.
Like Sainiku said, I was just looking for a good player, and FGM does seem to fill that roll...but the popups and whatnot terrify me. I'd love to see if regedit could do anything about that, but I haven't got the expertise, which just means I'd have to use it offline. But I think that one's ideal, aside from that minor setback, so thank you.
As far as use goes, I was really just looking for something that worked with a few extra doodads. Ways to (hopefully) get around the occasional flash that disables right clicking (and thus disables quality toggle), ways to skip around through high frame flashes, etc etc. Decompiling and editing are great, but I figure I'd best avoid that which I've no skill in, I'm rarely on the creation side of things, I just like to get the most I can out of a flash.

Shit, sorry, got you mixed up with Nexus by some odd indiscernible nature. Today's just been an off day, I'll be grateful when it comes to a close.
You can stop the pop-ups if you enable your firewall to block its accessing the internet, or just simply disconnect from the internet. Sounds harsh, I know.
Good things require sacrifice >:DDD
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Passerby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 am

Oh I know, I used it when I was offline and whatnot and it worked much better. I'd still love to tinker with it though, something to do and all that.
BUT it really does seem to be good enough to warrant such sacrifice, so who am I to argue with progress?

Also, maybe I should find some picture or something to establish some semblance of identity, since I seem to post a bit more often than I really expected...on the other hand, it really is just one of those days.
Passerby

Return to Tutorials