Idea Issues

Post and discuss creative ideas

Idea Issues

Postby Paradox Luck Games » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:16 pm

I have an issue.. a issue.. (an) or (a)... Hmm.. *googles Youtube grammar classes*

I have a issue.. I am currently working on a game the thing is I keep wanting to add many "fetishes" the list includes more than 20+ tags
How do I limit myself to make the project manageable... Slowly work in each one? Work in one at a time add rest like dlc? Life of Rose (ABDL Pack) Life of Rose (Monster Girl Pack)
where people can pick and choose their content? That sounds cool I also think is possible on RPG Maker MV.
Yeah I think I will do that make the standard "vanilla" base game which is a life sim. Then if they like say Exhibitionism but hate Monster girl Then they just DL exhibition pack/update and never have to see the monster girl content.
what do you guys think? Add all and bugger what others like or prefer or place extra work on me for something unique that each player can personalize their own game? :)
Paradox Luck Games

Re: Idea Issues

Postby Golrim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

What type of game are you trying to make, and how are the fetishes applied to the game? Lastly how would these thing work in the game?
Golrim

Postby Amakuo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Paradox Luck Games Wrote:I have an issue.. a issue.. (an) or (a)... Hmm.. *googles Youtube grammar classes*

If the word starts with a vowel, use "an."
If the word sounds with a consonant, use "a."
Basically you want a vowel to follow a consonant or vice versa.
Keep in mind that Y at the beginning of a word often makes a consonant sound: "a yard, a yank, etc." -- and so can U: "a universe."
Amakuo

Postby Duoiz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 pm

20+ tags, alot of things... HOLD YOUR HORSES!!

It is super easy to start out as a wannabe-gamemaker. You start with pen and paper, and soon the simple platformer you wanted to do as your first project is a massive
mmorpg with full VR support.

The first thing you need to learn, the VERY first thing is LIMITS.
All to often I see projects being posted with "Will have 100+ girlz" "+200 scenes" or the like. LIMITS is a key word, and to be honest one that I strugle with myself.
Sitt down with your plan. Look at it, look at it good! Then start to cross out everything but the very, very narrow things that the game "needs", see what is on the list of your "This I also want but it isn't really "needed"" part, and see if you can implement a system that lets you add them, one at a time, without breaking your original game.
Such as, girls for instance. Do you need 200 of them? no, most likley you need 2-3. (Why not 1? Because it is hard to make a work-flow-frame-work with to narrow of a spectrum.) Same with you fetishes in this case.
Even if you are making something "simple" like a text game were you have "Talk to girl->choice a fetish->read text-" like system, if you have a list of over 20+ you are going to burn yourself out before you even started, start with 2-3, make a system that lets you add choices without horrible concecences.

So TL;DR, if you need to add "MOAR!!" do it in a from that lets you, as a dev, pull the plug when there isn't more in you, so that you at any time can say; "I did some nice work, but I want to move on.", instead of "Dang, I only added 4 of X and I don't feel like doing any more... I think I will start with a simple platformer instead, this is to much for me..."

(...And return to the mmorpg with full vr support.)
Duoiz

Postby Darkwood » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Paradox Luck Games Wrote:I have an issue.. a issue.. (an) or (a)... Hmm.. *googles Youtube grammar classes*

I have a issue.. I am currently working on a game the thing is I keep wanting to add many "fetishes" the list includes more than 20+ tags
How do I limit myself to make the project manageable... Slowly work in each one? Work in one at a time add rest like dlc? Life of Rose (ABDL Pack) Life of Rose (Monster Girl Pack)
where people can pick and choose their content? That sounds cool I also think is possible on RPG Maker MV.
Yeah I think I will do that make the standard "vanilla" base game which is a life sim. Then if they like say Exhibitionism but hate Monster girl Then they just DL exhibition pack/update and never have to see the monster girl content.
what do you guys think? Add all and bugger what others like or prefer or place extra work on me for something unique that each player can personalize their own game? :)

Just start implementing one by one and stop when you feel tired
Darkwood
Newly Registered

Return to Discussion