Amateur Making Breeding Game

Post and discuss creative ideas

Amateur Making Breeding Game

Postby Golrim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:36 pm

I’ll be honest I have been hesitant about posting something like this because I feel its taboo and carries a lot of disappointment. I just want to make it clear that I have no ambitions in creating something original, huge, or a game with several features but instead work and improve on the breeding genre. My goal is to create a game that focuses on you breeding, training, and utilizing monsters for their intended jobs that will play a role in the background. Simply put it the game will focus on the player creating the perfect monster for a given job. By producing monsters to perform jobs it will return a positive or negative affect on the player’s progression and abilities.

Already this might sound like a complex game and I’m an amateur when it comes to coding so don’t give any high hopes for me going anywhere with this. I am however posting here because I’m used to a learning environment where I share and receive critique or criticism on work I’m doing. Ashamed to say I have nothing to show yet and I’m nothing but talk for now, but I sadly do better with pressure. With that said I’m willing to show a prototype as soon as I can, but I would like some suggestions on what this prototype should have before for better feedback. I been learning to code for 3 months now on and off and the only experience I have working with a game is creating assets.

Some information about the game to help with the concept at least.

Breeding Stage

The breeding mechanic isn’t anything new. You pair two compatible monsters to produce an offspring with a variant of its parent’s base stats. Outside source can also affect the breeding process like food, elixir, and even the parent’s species. Rare modification isn’t new either but is something that is planned in the game

Training Stage

This is where things start to break apart from most breeding games. Rather than fighting, breeding, or sitting in a training room to improve base stats, you directly train the monster to improve their job skill stats. Base stats are mostly permanent and can only be modified with negative consequence, but job skills always start zero and have a soft cap. Your goal here is to train your monster for a specific job for it to perform and benefit from.

Job Stage

This is more of a background element and something the player will least interact with. Once you breed and trained a monster you deem is ready to perform a job you can send them out to do it. Train a monster to cut, gather, and
grow wood for your wood supply will increase and improve it. The goal of the Job system is to give purpose of breeding and training, but to also use it to help improve your ability to breed and train more monsters.

The summery of the game concept is to create a full circle system where your objective is to grow and become a great monster breeder.
Golrim

Return to Discussion