An Open-Soucre/Crowd-Crafted Game?

Post and discuss creative ideas

An Open-Soucre/Crowd-Crafted Game?

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:27 am

Is it possible to put a game project in that is literally made so EVERYONE, not just a single developer, can make it. Like a Game built by the entire forum (or at least the more adept on the forum)

I don't mean a material dump, because that usually leads to 50 different games with the same assets, I mean like one game, that everyone can pitch in to make.

I pitched a long time ago that I wanted to make a game featuring Betilla from the Rayman Origins series, the problem is that I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I pitched this project. I didn't know how to make games in flash (now animate) and I have little knowledge in Unity right now. I do have some of the sprites and character sheets, and that always wants me to push forward in making the project, but I feel like I just need to come to the conclusion that I'd be better at art assets for a game like that then game director.

So I was wondering if maybe as a forum we can make the game happen. Everyone pitches anything they can do to make the game happen, and it get's shared around the forum. Everyone get's credit as a creator.

Maybe it's a little Utopian, but it's a nice thought.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Return to Discussion