Please explain me rules on this forum :)

Post and discuss creative ideas

Please explain me rules on this forum :)

Postby Iwo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Hey,

I don't get it. I tried to help my colleague with promotion of his game. I posted it in creative corner and moderation said:
The following reason was given for the disapproval:

The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or
another product.

OK, no problem, then why such games were allowed? Same patreon/demo(or free older version)/paid version thing. Why they can and I can't?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8006
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8468
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8404
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6072 - yeah, even steam version
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7454
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6904

OK, I stopped copy-pasting, because 90% of games in f=35 are commercial/advertise in SAME way as my friend's game.

I may have account with low count of posts, but still I am lurking her since <=2013.
Iwo
Iwo

Re: Please explain me rules on this forum :)

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 pm

I wasn't the mod who disapproved the post in question, but I feel I can give a general overview of what MAY have happened. Generally posts are put up by the contents creator, but even if that isn't the case we want there to be a bit of information about the game itself. If it's almost literally just a link to the game in question with maybe a bit of text beside it, it just might be disapproved. We'd like for there to be some screenshots, descriptions of the game and how to play, heck even just a dev log of how it's been growing and evolving. With more information involved in the process, we don't really mind if it goes off to Patreon or the developer's website or something similar so long as it's not malicious or anything.

TL;DR- We generally disapprove if there's little to no information and just a link to the game.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Iwo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Thank You Sir for an answer. I provided decent amount of text, including almost 10 screenshots, quite lengthy description, link to Patreon (yep, there is always free version, quite older but more bugfixed than paid and final version will be free - author says) and planned adding, as answer, direct link to free version. But THEN I realized, that I can't post w/o moderator. So this answer was never posted (thread missing). Anyway, perhaps person who disapproved did it too fast or too automatically. It happens, especially if that person disapproved shitload of real spam that day...

So I plan to try to post once again. This time post will be 2x bigger in terms of content - including character list with description plus some other info...
Iwo

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:06 pm

I see. If that's the case, then I'm unsure why it may have been disapproved the first time. It may have just been someone going through the queue too quickly. I only recently came back from an extended absence so I believe it was one mod really working on that queue. Try resubmitting the original
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Return to Discussion