Breedin' Barn

Post and discuss creative ideas

Breedin' Barn

Postby ANooB » Tue May 23, 2017 8:32 am

What's up, lol. As some of you may know. I'm the anonymous noob and I'm a passionate coder/ aspiring artist and I've been tinkering with flash for a couple of years,now. I'm still in heartache over the tragedy that befell the Breedin' Season Crew and have wished for nothing more than a revamp or even a small parody of the successful hit. I've been looking at some awesome potential and am astonished that no one seems to want to pursue the project in Flash. I know it's becoming unpopular by the days and HTML 5 is great and all; but truth be told I still have a soft spot for the plugin.

I can go on for hours and hours, but let's get to the point, I've decided I'm going to have a stab at working on the game (how hard could it be, right? :lol: ). I learned a while back at the efficiency and magic of blitting. Being a fan of the ol' pixel-art based games, I had to try it. Right now I only have a screenshot of what will hopefully evolve into a Monster Rancher clone. I dunno, maybe this will be something the site can be proud of once again. So I introduce you to Breedin Barn (working title). The project is called physxEngine because I had initially intended to make a physics engine.

Here's the actual flash movie (no heavy movieclips were used, just some small images that are being drawn over a 640*480 bitmap every fraction of a second):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

physxEngine.swf [ 39.93 KiB | Viewed 681 times ]

As always, my shit's open source, and I welcome all help with art and coding advice:
Attachments
physxEngine.zip
Again, I was working on a physics engine when I first started, lol.
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Re: Breedin' Barn

Postby Silverdragon » Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey I am on my phone so I cant appraize your work...but I will say this... I am all for games in the breeding seasons style. Gorepeat has been doing a parody of the game himself and got preety awesome results so far( even though he said he needs to rework the engine of the game with which I agree.... honestly I dont know if he is still going to continue it...its gores mo) ... so if you are up for it ...thats awesome. Though you should post this on the flash games forum instead of here.
Silverdragon

Re: Breedin' Barn

Postby ANooB » Fri May 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Silverdragon Wrote:Hey I am on my phone so I cant appraize your work...but I will say this... I am all for games in the breeding seasons style. Gorepeat has been doing a parody of the game himself and got preety awesome results so far( even though he said he needs to rework the engine of the game with which I agree.... honestly I dont know if he is still going to continue it...its gores mo) ... so if you are up for it ...thats awesome. Though you should post this on the flash games forum instead of here.

Well this here is my go-to dev site. The people here are honest and fair, so I like making submissions here. If any of my projects ever take off, I'll be sure to release it on like newgrounds or something. Well yeah, man what don't you like about the original BS or gorepete's version, that way I can steer clear of their mistakes.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Return to Discussion