RGSS3 doesn't work (solved... somewhat)

Post and discuss creative ideas

RGSS3 doesn't work (solved... somewhat)

Postby Silverdragon » Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 am

I dont know if I should post this here but maybe I will get lucky....
So I recently updated my Windows 10...and now everytime I start an rpg vx ace game it crashes in the first 5 seconds...I have the rtp and it worked fine before...I do not know if it was the update but thats the only thing that changed since I last played on rgss3...I tried every single fix I found on the internet and it didnt work...so help? Please?

Edit: Solved it by reverting to a previous Windows update.
Did not find any other fix...
Last edited by Silverdragon on Mon May 22, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverdragon

Re: RGSS3 stopped working....win10

Postby flatliner10 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:10 am

Removing and Reinstalling thee Runtimes does not help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gAatBtFJYo <-This is also of no use?

Strange i'm playing a bunch of Games using various RPG-Maker Versions on Win10 without any Engine-Related problems, however i opted for a clean installation of Win10.
The upgrade- Installations were always a mess in the past and led to a bunch of different problems.

I would strongly suggest you look for new drivers for your Hardware, Chipset and Graphic-Card ect., remove all remnants of old HW-Drivers you can find in the Software list before rebooting and installing the new Drivers, if this does not fix
the issue, i'm at loss at the moment.
flatliner10

Re: RGSS3 doesn't work

Postby Silverdragon » Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks for the help...but yeah I tried everything you mentioned and it didn't work....but I solved it by reverting to a previous windows update so I somewhat confirmed that it was the update that was the issue.
Silverdragon

Return to Discussion