Idea for Strategy RPG/Questions

Post and discuss creative ideas

Idea for Strategy RPG/Questions

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:26 pm

So, I've noticed how the characters, for example in SimBro(Great game, btw) are build from different clothes/parts that are assembled over the character by the game. I was thinking that if a similar thing were done with over world sprites, it would be possible to make a game where every character is completely unique in every play through, including abilities, stats, mannerisms if a way could be figured out how.

With that in mind, I was also thinking that the way you recruit your party in this game would be similar to how you recruited outside the slave market in that OTHER brothel simulator I can't remember the name of(Still looking). You'd go into certain locations and basically date the girls there until they liked you enough to join your brothel, except in this case, it would be your party.

I was thinking, for setting, maybe some sort of mix of Steampunk and medieval, sort of like an alternate timeline where Steam stayed the main source of energy, and the world is still littered with nothing but independent city states.

Maybe something like Fire Emblem-styled combat, or failing that, something like Digimon World Cyber Sleuth. Not sure about perma-death, maybe just make that a part of higher difficulty settings.

Possibly a class system, as well, and different races.

Sex scenes could come in when you take party members on dates, or when attempting to recruit, you'd get sex as a reward. I imagine enemies could also rape your party members.

I haven't thought of many specifics yet, but I figured I should put the idea somewhere before I forgot.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Re: Idea for Strategy RPG/Questions

Postby Gidshiri » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:57 pm

I do not have any special knowledge about the technical side of the question - but I think what you described is possible. But in practice, a generator of random characters is likely to give out... not the best result. Such characters will definitely lose to well-written characters who were invented by someone alive. It's the first problem that i can notice.
About sex sxenes. First of all, you need to decide - what will the game be based on. Will it be a harem game or something like a sim brothel. Simply because the players who come to play harem, for example, may not like that their girls will be fucked by some other people / creatures. Netorare is quite contradictory genre, for example. If it will be a game in the form of a sim brothel, where the girls are only "tools" for the protagonist, which he uses to achieve his goals - sex with enemies in combat or after that is may be acceptable. But this path can also have its own problems. You can also make "sex after the fight", one of the options for recruiting opponents. If they are, for example, girls (with the protagonist). Or not, if you want so.
I think, this is all that i can suggest on this early stage of development. So far, at least. Sorry for poor english.
Gidshiri

Re: Idea for Strategy RPG/Questions

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:56 pm

The "other brothel sim" might be Strumpets or Hentai Sim Brothel. I don't remember recruiting people outside of the slave market though. You can do that in SimBro though, at the bar.

Maybe look at the way Dwarf Fortress and Noxico are set up, they both have randomly generated citizens, but they are mostly text based. The Sims is also a lot like this.

Another way to interact with your party and maybe do sex scenes could be to write something like the Personal Actions or whatever they are in Star Ocean. You go into a town and you can decide to keep your party together or let them split up. If they split up, they'll go hand around town in places that pertain to their character. In Star Ocean this is all scripted, but you could make a random version too. Like, give people a random personality, or random likes and dislikes and have places that match. Like a spiritual character might hang around at shrines, a person who likes drinking might hang around in bars, etc. You could even have "moods" that affect their behavior, like if a person has been taking a lot of damage in battle, they might go to a spa or somewhere relaxing, or if one of your party members just permadied, someone might go to the graveyard or shrine to mourn for them.

To me, doing a game like this sounds like it would be better looking and easier to make in 3D. This actually sounds a lot like something I want to make someday.
AcetheSuperVillain

Return to Discussion