Seeing programmer for CoC-like Game (18+): planned Patreon

Post and discuss creative ideas

Seeing programmer for CoC-like Game (18+): planned Patreon

Postby Kreec » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:24 am

Hey, everyone.

Literally joined today. A friend of a friend recommended I post here about our seeking a programmer. The details of the position can be found in the Lemmasoft post. Administrators, please let me know if this is the right place for such an inquiry. As I am new here, I'm not sure I fully understand the forum rules or layout. Thanks for you patience with me. Just to recap (and to personalize this listing a bit), we're seeking a programming partner with the following skills:

- a working knowledge of Ren’Py or some such platform
· the ability to recreate Corruption of Champions or Gangs N' Whores from scratch - OR - an advanced understanding of an existing game engine like RPG Maker VX Ace
· a mod-friendly work ethic, including the leaving of notations every few lines of code
· a free enough schedule for a couple hours of code a day or two days a week
· an understanding of how to use Unicode characters in descriptors

Bonuses

· A love of hentai (I imagine you all have this qualifier)

The game world is very much like that of Corruption of Champions, but the game is far more visual, falling somewhere between CoC and Legend of Queen Opala. We already have a fantastic artist onboard, one who wishes to remain anonymous for the moment.

To all potential applicants:

Please note this is a passion project first and foremost, and unlike Gangs N' Whores, will not die! I know this because I know the project lead personally, and this guy is hardcore. Learn more about him (and the game) at the blog. If you're interested in the position, contact him directly.

If accepted, you will gain a significant percentage of the planned Patreon, and trust me when I say, this game is going to be big, like the next Fenoxo big! (IMHO)

I guess that's all for now. I'll probably post a formal introduction of myself in the near future.

Cheers! :D
Last edited by Kreec on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreec
Newly Registered

Re: Seeing programmer for CoC-like Game (18+): planned Patre

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:53 pm

Hey and welcome to the forum! Without a playable game, posts aren't allowed on the projects subforums.

For people who are interested in joining this project, remember to be realistic. There have been some people burned by bad contracts, so don't sign anything until you're sure that it's going to work for you.

Kreec, it seems like you're planning to release your source code to the public. I certainly hope so! It would be interesting to see a source control system like GitHub used for a hentai game, I would certainly enjoy seeing pull requests for mods into the master branch :D

I would be careful not to promise anything too crazy. Almost every failed game on this forum has promised that they'll be the next amazing game, and that they'll deliver on many outstanding promises. Reasonable expectations are important when running a project like this one. Good luck!
Zeus Kabob

Postby Chris_ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:35 am

some discussions here are interesting...
Last edited by Chris_ on Mon May 08, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_

Postby CrazyKuroSushi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:01 pm

I looked at your post on fenexo. A lot of it seems pretty doable and easy. I dabble a lot in visual studios specifically in C#.

I don't have much knowledge in action script but if you have no one else and really want to make a flash game, I could probably learn it fairly easily.

Not really sure on RPGMaker, was never really a fan so I have little knowledge on that.

Honestly, I wanted to make something like this for a while but I just don't have enough motivation to get me moving. I think having a partner or buddy...pal whatever would really help me keep myself on track. I've been pretty busy at work but I think I have enough time to put in an hour or two each day.
CrazyKuroSushi
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:02 pm

CrazyKuroSushi Wrote:I don't have much knowledge in action script but if you have no one else and really want to make a flash game, I could probably learn it fairly easily.

About that... Flash is dying and people are stepping away from it. There is only so much that you can do with Flash, especially if you're making it for a game. It's fine for animation but gaming is proving to be a strain on it. This includes like putting it onto a phone and letting that eat up memory given how extensive it is on the phone. Also there has been that security issue cropping up and making people abandon that for other programs, which include HTML5 and other coding languages.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Kreec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:55 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Kreec, it seems like you're planning to release your source code to the public. I certainly hope so! It would be interesting to see a source control system like GitHub used for a hentai game, I would certainly enjoy seeing pull requests for mods into the master branch :D

Not my call to make, but that’s likely the plan. m0RV is an altruist like that.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:I would be careful not to promise anything too crazy. Almost every failed game on this forum has promised that they'll be the next amazing game, and that they'll deliver on many outstanding promises. Reasonable expectations are important when running a project like this one. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, mate. Yeah, the scope is being kept realistic, so realistic that a female playable character isn’t planned for the initial public demo.
Kreec
Newly Registered

Postby Kreec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 am

CrazyKuroSushi Wrote:I looked at your post on fenexo. A lot of it seems pretty doable and easy. I dabble a lot in visual studios specifically in C#.

I don't have much knowledge in action script but if you have no one else and really want to make a flash game, I could probably learn it fairly easily.

Not really sure on RPGMaker, was never really a fan so I have little knowledge on that.

Honestly, I wanted to make something like this for a while but I just don't have enough motivation to get me moving. I think having a partner or buddy...pal whatever would really help me keep myself on track. I've been pretty busy at work but I think I have enough time to put in an hour or two each day.

Let’s work something out. Contact the head honcho at voln.m0RV (at) gmail.com. He’ll send you some GUI mockups and some other treats.
Kreec
Newly Registered

Postby Kreec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:01 am

Chris_ Wrote:I'm just not sure about the furry content of the project. But the game is still under development, let's see how it continues...

Not much furry content planned, from what I understand. A tribe of horsey people somewhere in the netherworld, that’s all I know of so far...
Kreec
Newly Registered

Postby Kreec » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:43 am

Just wanted to update the thread and say there’ve been several worth applicants, but the position remains open. If you can handle Ren'Py, we would love to know about it!

Make it your New Year’s resolution to get involved with the spiritual successor to Corruption of Champions!

(And thanks to those applicants we’ve received so far!) :D
Kreec
Newly Registered

Postby Daemoge » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Have you decided on engine yet or is even that up in the air yet? I see mention of RPG Maker and Ren'Py "or some such platform".
Daemoge
Newly Registered

Return to Discussion