Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles (Back in the Works)

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:36 am

So had some time tonight and decided to work on the sketches for some of the characters I am thinking of having. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Razorbeard.png

I am working on a new animation program called Pencil, and i'm still learning how to use it, so the picture might look a bit off. Hopefully you like it and I will try to post something else real soon.

The Cheddared Grizzly (I hear it's great on Nachos)
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby tantaluss » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:51 am

Looks good, thanks for the update Cheddared Grizzly.

So you're including Razorbeard from Rayman 2, huh? Interesting, are you planning him as a bossfight? If so, I'd imagine you'd have to do it a bit different from the game for a 2d flash.
tantaluss

Postby VintageBass » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:36 pm

From what I know of the character, he has been used elsewhere from the second game... but it is rather tedious to get through depending on your level of patience for watching the series, also it was 3D as well. Oh, and R/Arena. Yeah, he was playable in that, along with two of his minions, one created for that game, and his wife...

This series is WEIRD.

By the way, I'm so far iffy on the design because to me, it has me going "Gee Razorbeard, you don't look so good." Well, that'll give me something to work on once I'm ready to get back into the drawing mood!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Well I did each body part separately, so some of the limbs might be more grainy than others when I resized it. So the picture isn't the best, but it gets the point across.

VintageBass Wrote:it has me going "Gee Razorbeard, you don't look so good."

I was actually kind of going for that look to tell you the truth. I was thinking that Between when we last saw Razorbeard to this game that he went crazy. Hence his eyes having that freaked out "Ed, Edd and Eddy" pupil thing, and slight recoloring of his pants to show that he has become real dark at the same time. I kind to want him to be the mix of Blackbeard, Adolph Hitler, and the Cat in the Hat. (I know it's a weird combination, but that's the only thing that can describe his Actions)

Anyway Vintage, I was planning to work on some of the other robots as well. If you want I can make a quick sketch of what I think they should roughly look like, send it to you and then you can take it there with your imagination. If not, I'll just let you do the design.

Until next time
Cheddared Grizzly (I think the picture is quite Gouda)
cheddaredgrizzly

Re: Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles (Back in the Works)

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue May 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello Everyone! It's been a While but I think I want to get back into the works of the Nymph Chronicles. In my Hiatus I have worked a bit on RPG Maker, assisted some people in sprite design and have improved my digital art skills. With that I think it's about damn time I bring back this first ambitious project of mine.

~Some things to Note

1. I will probably be moving this post to the (Non-Flash) category soon. Part of the reason why I stopped progress on the game was because my last laptop died and with it Flash. I was having problems with the engine anyway. So I have been searching around, and I think that I might build the game in Unity (still a 2D platformer). I haven't built anything yet, but when I show any progress, I'll move the post over to that section.

2. I will be rebuilding the animations and drawings from the ground up. I like many of my Ideas, but taking a look back at the art It was clear that I has little experience in flash. So I want to rebuild many of the art assets to look better.

3. There is no Patreon page and there will never be. I am a single man who will be graduating college soon and trying to find a real job, so I can't dedicate my full time to building this game. To me, setting up a Patreon page means I am promising the people to work on the project all hours of the day, and putting the money into the game or people to make the game go by quicker, and I have seen countless Patreon nightmares. For this reason I will not have a Patreon page. If you wish to support the game, there are multiple other ways of doing so.

4. Progress may be slow. I'm not a game maker by profession, so my progress will be slower than others on this forum.

That's it. Hopefully I'll get some progress out sooner rather than later.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Dead2112man » Fri May 26, 2017 8:13 am

Welcome back Chettaredgrizzly and I hope product goes smooth and at your own pace
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun May 28, 2017 8:39 pm

I've moved this to Creative Discussion because there isn't a playable game involved. When you have a playable demo, please send me or another mod a message and we can move you to the appropriate forum.
Zeus Kabob

Previous

Return to Discussion