Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles (Back in the Works)

Post and discuss creative ideas

Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles (Back in the Works)

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Hello People of the Krystal forum. I am the Cheddared Grizzly. I have been a watcher of this forum for a bit of time, and now I have decided to strike up a project I like to see done. I like to see a game off of the newer Rayman games. I love the revival to this series and I just think Betilla and her sisters are hot. Also, the forum needs some new characters to embrace.
What would the Story be?
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Rayman Globox and Betilla are all hanging in the Glade of Dreams when MR. Dark returns for his revenge. Learning from his past mistakes, Mr. Dark raises an army and goes after Rayman first to overpower him. Although able to capture Rayman, Globox and Betilla escaped. Not knowing what to do, Globox comes up with a desperate plan to release the Rabbids amongst into the Glade hoping the chaos that would incur might overpower Mr. Dark. The Rabbids did ensue chaos, but instead made things go from bad to worst. When Globox didn't return after freeing the Rabbids, Betilla decided that maybe she should try to save the day for once.

Gameplay

Betilla goes through the environment in a 2D plane. She needs to get past certain obstacles, attack (or seduce) enemies, build her army anyway she can, and reach her libido driven sisters. Reaching new characters and pleasing their *cough* needs, allows you access to their outfits (or Axe in Barbara's case), which each one has individual powers that is necessary to get through certain obstacles.
betilla_in_clothes_of_her_sisters_by_sailorraybloomdz-d5wt1ec.png

Although I would love to see this game published I have two problems
[indent=]1. My programing knowledge is minimal[/indent]
[indent=]2: I have other things in my life to do.[/indent]
I am willing to draw the animations, characters, backgrounds, and even draft the story but I simply don't have the time to program this game. (the size of the game will be less then Peache's Untold Tale but will be larger then every other game.) If you are willing to help me with this programing then maybe we can see this project become something.

Leave a reply if you are interested. (I will most likely have some flash examples posted later.)
Sincerely The Cheddared Grizzly.
Last edited by cheddaredgrizzly on Tue May 23, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cheddaredgrizzly

Re: Rayman: The Nymph Chronicles

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:47 pm

Do you have flash cs6 pro? I can give you my engine, it's very easy to paint scenery and animate your characters w/ very minimal code. It's still in the process of improvement but I think you'll be able to use it. Let me know and I'll help you out with it as I'm really digging your artwork.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Biles » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Do you have flash cs6 pro? I can give you my engine, it's very easy to paint scenery and animate your characters w/ very minimal code. It's still in the process of improvement but I think you'll be able to use it. Let me know and I'll help you out with it as I'm really digging your artwork.

I wouldn't recommend using Flash as a primary tool for drawing or painting graphics as the result game will end up eating too much resources and compromise performance.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby VintageBass » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Biles Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:Do you have flash cs6 pro? I can give you my engine, it's very easy to paint scenery and animate your characters w/ very minimal code. It's still in the process of improvement but I think you'll be able to use it. Let me know and I'll help you out with it as I'm really digging your artwork.

I wouldn't recommend using Flash as a primary tool for drawing or painting graphics as the result game will end up eating too much resources and compromise performance.

I can suggest like Illustrator, Photoshop, GIMP or any other image editing software that can do the job done, and then add them into Flash.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:11 pm

For Starters the prior art on my spoiler is not my own but a reference I had found and pulled off of another art account (I don't know who because it was off of a google search). However I used this because that picture gives a basic idea on what you can do in the game.
I have recently finished a bit of animation on Flash that shows the basics of my drawing capabilities.

Animation

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Fly-final.swf [ 342.71 KiB | Viewed 15730 times ]

Note: this was drawn by yours truely

Currently it is still in the works and needs more frames to smooth it out, but it gets the idea out.

I am currently working with Flash CS6 but have been informed otherwise that it might not be the best choice. However Rayman Origins and Legends seems to run off of Flash to begin with so I will work off of that first and move to other programs if it be deemed necessary. (Also Flash is the only program I really have)

I am quite surprised by the amount of replies for my silly little game concept and must say thank you to all.
Also to Terrantor
I can give you my engine, it's very easy to paint scenery and animate your characters w/ very minimal code. It's still in the process of improvement but I think you'll be able to use it
could you please give me your engine? As I said I have little time to really work on this, and since I can't pay programmers with Picnic Baskets, A game engine would help a lot.

Thank you Again
Cheddared Grizzly (Hey Boo Boo, it's a Gaaaming Forum)
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby BlueVixen » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:28 pm

It has been so long since I played a Rayman game, always a fun flashback for me!

Do you need help with art? Mainly Backgrounds, nature, Buildings and all that good stuff? I'm also talented in the Writing field! I can create parts of the Story-line and Dialogue. Along as pitch some ideas! I'll be happy to lend my support, if you need it.
BlueVixen

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm always ok with extra help. Mostly i'm thinking I would need to focus on the story first before any other art pieces. But if your interested, welcome to the team.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby VintageBass » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Well I might throw my hat into the ring as well, since I'm rather interested in seeing a new game like this be made. Would love to write as well, just to help out and come up with something fitting to Legends and Origins games.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 pm

What I want to do is build a Rayman game before a Sex game. Minus a few exceptions, most games on the forum are sex based in mechanics or in core gameplay. They are alright, but I want to build what could be a really fun game even if there was no sex in the game. I think the more help I can get for this the better. :)
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby VintageBass » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:33 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:What I want to do is build a Rayman game before a Sex game. Minus a few exceptions, most games on the forum are sex based in mechanics or in core gameplay. They are alright, but I want to build what could be a really fun game even if there was no sex in the game. I think the more help I can get for this the better. :)

That is a pretty mindset to go with for this game and I would very much enjoy it even with the sex! So I'll definitely be happy to help out for the cause!
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:55 pm

BTW I never officially asked you, but could you please give me your engine? It would help greatly. Thank you
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Sure, boss. Let me strip it down for u.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:09 pm

It's ready to go. Check ur messages and let me know if you have any questions.
Terrantor!!!

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:41 am

So I had the day off today and decided to work on Ly. She has been revamped to match the art style of Origins. She will appear in the game and will be beneficial to Betilla during the beginning of the game. I personally like the style, but I will let you guys determine if it needs to be redone.

ly base.jpg
ly base.jpg (17.04 KiB) Viewed 15516 times

Just a small update. Also

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS
BETILLA
LY
BARBARA
ANETTA
BIG MAMA
EDITH
HELENA
HOLLY
WENDY WHETHER (Bonus character never used in Origins)
RAYMAN
GLOBOX
RABBIDS
MR. DARK

Many of the enemies I am still debating over. If anyone (who is more informed about the games) has any suggestions of which enemy should be where, Please leave it in the reply.

Your Cheddared Greatness
The Cheddared Grizzly
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby coyoteredmoon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:56 am

Was bored. Made a thing. Pm me if you would like the psd with all of the parts.
>
nymph1.jpg
nymph1.jpg (26.6 KiB) Viewed 14725 times

>
nymph2.jpg
nymph2.jpg (26.52 KiB) Viewed 14725 times
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Postby VintageBass » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Can we get some thumbs up emote here? Then again, I don't exactly feel that's not enough to satisfied what I think of this. Sweet work, Redmoon!
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:37 pm

coyoteredmoon Wrote:Was bored. Made a thing. Pm me if you would like the psd with all of the parts.
>
nymph1.jpg

>
nymph2.jpg
This is freaking awesome. I love what you have here. :D
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:47 pm

coyoteredmoon Wrote:Was bored. Made a thing. Pm me if you would like the psd with all of the parts.
>
nymph1.jpg

>
nymph2.jpg
Also, I would want to P.M. you but since i'm still a "New member" I can't send any messages as of right now. Just to let you know I am interested and would love to have the parts.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby VintageBass » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 pm

cheddaredgrizzly Wrote:Also, I would want to P.M. you but since i'm still a "New member" I can't send any messages as of right now. Just to let you know I am interested and would love to have the parts.

Well you can drop by the General section for the remaining posts and I'll get those approved for you, good sir!
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby coyoteredmoon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Do be aware, it's not a super complex or a super flexible setup. Be careful not to over-do it.
Starting to post stuff here :D http://www.furaffinity.net/user/coyoteredmoon/ and here http://coyoteredmoon.tumblr.com/ When I have time to make stuff, that is!
coyoteredmoon

Next

Return to Discussion