LoK : IC's Version

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: LoK : IC's Version

Postby Darthan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Your idea of how exp should work makes sense, allot more that the original to me, and like I said, having ways to earn money to purchase stuff as well could make the game more interesting. The idea of making Krystal a sharpclaw prostitute doesn't seem to make much sense. If you played as a lizan girl instead of Krystal the prostitute thing would make more sense.
Darthan

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:05 am

AnotherArrow Wrote:
IrrelevantComment Wrote:
theblacknphbutnotgay Wrote:Your original Another Tail was the best legend of krystal there is, by far.
I ave no idea what is up with the newer one though i gave up after 1.5 minutes.
Why id you completely change it to a pokemon game?

I feel like I'm missing something here... last I saw AT2 was in progress but progress stopped, since when was it still being worked on and anything like Pokemon? o.O
I think theblacknphbutnotgay is referring to how the "current" AT2's combat is a turn base system... which I have dropped for something a little more ambitious. The current AT2 progress is halted for many reasons, but to sum it up:
1) Real Life Shit (work sux)
2) Diablo 3 (which I'm already over)
3) Data Corruption (3 months of work was corrupted somehow, so all the new sprites and animations I had worked on is lost). Kind of like what happened to Gorepete a month ago. But somehow mine effected 4 different files. It was a lot of work lost that really really pissed me off... and I don't know now if i want to continue the same method. I'm currently looking at my options and haven't decided on which method to approach for my game sprites. Really the only thing hold me back right now is my indecision to stick to a graphics style. That and my right arm is killing me, so it hurts to constantly draw (at least the frame by frame approach I WAS doing). When I figure out what I'm doing, I'll update my project. Till then, sit tight.

@theblacknphbutnotgay, The new AT is far from complete. All it has is the intro and first combat encounter (which I setup for testing code). I was in the middle of making game sprites before 1,2, and 3 happened.

Back on Topic:
IC, I would use both Experience and Money. I think you have the right ideas to make it work.

So it's going to be like the first one? i have no idea of the hard work it takes to actually make a game so i could only point out how great that first one was. i could never get into diablo, any of them. we all have lives it just shows some of us do more than others with our time that you can also make a game while living your live.... it makes me feel lazy lol i'm complaining about work and annoying baby. now i'm inspired to try and learn flash (though i probably lack the focus and learning ability to make anything close to what you do.)
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby Donovan0 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am

Hello!

I think that the money system could work: Krystal get attack, plane crash, she wakes up in the hut, she get a letter handed to her where the leader apologize for his warrior behavior and somewhat explain
that they've been ordered to give you something in exchange for sex, that way she could buy new clothes, food, plane parts, a place to stay, heck anything's possible.

Since the exp part will still be in the game as surely Krystal will get more money with more exp I don't think it's a problem of any kind.

So it's all about choosing if it's a game with sex or a game with rape. If she have a choice, then it must be a game with sex, so the money system makes senses.
You've just got to explain Why the hell some ''dicks'' went berserk, made her place crash and raped her mouth!

So I'd say, GO FOR IT!!
Cheers!
Donovan0
Newly Registered

Postby bobsen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 pm

In all fairness, I was FOR the money idea.
bobsen

Postby Aetrun » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 pm

A few days late to the party here, but that's what happens when I don't have time to check the internet for a few days. Anyway, the idea sounded like a good one to me, so I do hope you reconsider the decision to drop this. Now, onto why I hope you reconsider.
Personally, although the exp method does work, it never made much sense to me. "Fuck your way out of the village, do so by fucking people until you have enough exp to fuck the chief so well, that he is pleased and decides to let you go". First off, if he finally gets someone that good, why would he let them go anyway, and second, why do I have to wait until I know enough to fuck them? The plan of the original game seems to actually be "Use rape and shipwreck to put a character in a position they would not otherwise accept and then use that position to show lots of sex". OK, enough criticism of what was a fun, but very shallow, game.
The idea of taking money, using it to replace the reward and turning exp into a separate system, both serving as an unlock method to achieve things in-game is awesome. I would imagine that even in the Sharpclaw village there are some that value wealth, some that value pleasure, and some that value power, the three main desires. Depending on just how much you actually wanted to go for depth in the game, you could turn the new, exotic captive into a pawn between various factions within the tribe, all vying to control how the tribe is run, all offering the same thing-her freedom. Expand the village a bit, add some new named characters, and develop the named characters a bit and you could produce a simple storyline that would be fun to play as well as better justifying Krystal's actions. Depending on who you help depends on what you need, sexual exp for the pleasure group, money for the wealth group, and a mix for the power group.
That might be a bit more depth than you ever intended with your idea, but my point was more to demonstrate how a simple mechanic change, even if it seems minor, can open up new possibilities if we give it a chance.
As I said, I really hope you reconsider, as finding good games of this genre is difficult, even if it is a remake of one, the new take can often make it just as much if not more fun than the original.

Hm, hopefully that wasn't too much of a semi-thought-out text wall...
Aetrun

Previous

Return to Discussion