Community Enlistment Chart

Post and discuss creative ideas

Re: Community Enlistment Chart

Postby FuzzFace » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:00 am

hawkwing Wrote:I'm a skilled coder in Java and AS3, specializing in AI (haven't seen much of that around here! =D) and engine development/integration.

Sorry! I hadn't realized I didn't put you up in engine development/integration. You're up there now, apologies for any inconveniences.

@ Bluelight. I think instead of me listing a "Looking for..." list, It might be better for the searcher to go and pm the individuals that are listed. Since, I'm not entirely sure how many people come here to...uh, wait. i lost my train of thought.
That is the purpose for this thread I guess, isn't it? I think it's going in the right direction.
FuzzFace

Help required? Look here!

Postby AwesomeDragonDude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Hey people, ADD here, I figured this would be a nice addition to the post, just to help everyone out.

This will be a list, just like the one on page 1, but with availability! So if you're looking for help, look up the list for anyone willing to help.

I will only add people on the list whenever there is information added about their availability, so far the reason of the *much* smaller list than the one on page 1.

Below is the list:

Flash:
-OwnerOfSuccuby: Advice.
-Blargh: (AS2) Bug-fixing, Advice.
-Humbirdo: (AS2) Advice.

RPG Maker:
-ker: Advice only.

Art:
-Jumbo70: Available! Current art: FA account
-Terrantor!!!: Unavailable.
-ker:(3dcg) Advice.
-Humbirdo: Advice.

Music:
(Only the basics)
-OwnerOfSuccuby: Advice.

Writer:
-AwesomeDragonDude: Available!
-Blargh: Editing, Advice.

CC:(Constructive Criticism)
-Blargh: Available!

Now, let's all make sure this becomes a healthy big post, with alot of talent, so we can all benefit from this!

Greetz, ADD
Last edited by AwesomeDragonDude on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Feel the power of the AwesomeDragonDude! You feeling it yet? No?

Well, your internet sucks then. Or you suck. Or perhaps both.

Probably both.
AwesomeDragonDude

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm

You can add me to the list.

Preference/main goal: Games with Nintendo characters featuring females / background art
Art:
-Vector Graphics from scratch/using inspiration pictures: Ivan-Aedler
-Vector Edits/Optimization: Ivan-Aedler
-Character construction (by body parts, layering): Ivan-Aedler (average)
-Animation: Ivan-Aedler (average)

AS2: Ivan-Aedler
PHP: Ivan-Aedler

I have two ideas that can help people better.

1) Put this thread 'Community Enlistment Chart <==' as sticky.
2) Create / find /rename a thread of requests as 'Community - Help Wanted / Requests ==>', and put it as sticky as well. The arrows can guide people better. (in/from, to ask/to be asked)
Ivan-Aedler

Re: Help required? Look here!

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm

I can program in C and C++, and I can program GameMaker. Don't have a copy of Flash or RPGMaker, so I don't know how to program in those.
Zeus Kabob

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:I have two ideas that can help people better.

1) Put this thread 'Community Enlistment Chart <==' as sticky.
2) Create / find /rename a thread of requests as 'Community - Help Wanted / Requests ==>', and put it as sticky as well. The arrows can guide people better. (in/from, to ask/to be asked)

1) Done
2) Meh not so enthusiastic about that one. People will still just make their own threads regardless and probably not use it.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby FuzzFace » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Done and done! but...

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:1) Put this thread 'Community Enlistment Chart <==' as sticky.

I don't think I have the power to do this :(

Edit: :O I guess I should have refreshed the page...

@ AwesomeDragonDude: I Don't want to impede, but I'd rather have the others vocally choose to come he'ther and ask to be on this page them selves for something that they might otherwise not want :)
FuzzFace

Postby AwesomeDragonDude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Don't worry, I've only added info I got from people personally so far and I will probably keep it that way. If the problem is that you'd rather have one list, I'd agree, though it would be nice if you could implement the availability in your list then, haha.

Probably both.
AwesomeDragonDude

Postby FuzzFace » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Oh certainly nothing like that, it's a permissional thing. I'd love to add'em all up, but until they ask personally, I'ma gonna do squat :mrgreen:
FuzzFace

Postby AwesomeDragonDude » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Ah okay, well, no worries then, I've done little else but adding people on their own request, or after I sent them a pm notifying them of this topic. No worries, haha. ^^

Probably both.
AwesomeDragonDude

Postby karminator98 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Karminator98 for AS3, C# and C++
karminator98

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Just realized I've got a few more things. I've made quite a few D+D campaigns, and I'm still in the middle of creating a universe in the far away future, so you can put me down for storymaking/concept writing.

I've also messed about with a few pieces of music software, most notably MuseScore and Audacity (though I wouldn't call myself an expert at either).
Zeus Kabob

Postby SteelSaurus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Alright, I can do Vector Edits/Optimization, and I'd like to think of myself as a dab hand at Writing. What's the difference between Vector and Vector Graphics?
I'll get right on it! Eventually...
SteelSaurus

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:33 am

SteelSaurus Wrote:Alright, I can do Vector Edits/Optimization, and I'd like to think of myself as a dab hand at Writing. What's the difference between Vector and Vector Graphics?

I've refered to 'vector from scratch' and 'vector optimization/improvement/conversion from Bitmap'. Because you know, we start off making vectors in a scrappy way. We can complete it in a decent way and put in the game, but further optimitizations should be done in another ocasion by you or by other people involved with design. According to my own tests, I see that I end up optimizing already optimized shapes (I discover new ways to do that) along with adding more details, so 'vector edit/optimization' its an ongoing action.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby SteelSaurus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
SteelSaurus Wrote:Alright, I can do Vector Edits/Optimization, and I'd like to think of myself as a dab hand at Writing. What's the difference between Vector and Vector Graphics?

I've refered to 'vector from scratch' and 'vector optimization/improvement/conversion from Bitmap'. Because you know, we start off making vectors in a scrappy way. We can complete it in a decent way and put in the game, but further optimitizations should be done in another ocasion by you or by other people involved with design. According to my own tests, I see that I end up optimizing already optimized shapes (I discover new ways to do that) along with adding more details, so 'vector edit/optimization' its an ongoing action.

...was this supposed to be an answer to my question?
What you explained to me (about Vector Edits/Optimization) I already knew, I was asking about the difference between Vector and Vector Graphics. Do you mean that Vector refers to drawing something from scratch and Vector Graphics is drawing something from Sample? I think I now have more questions than before and don't have any idea on how to phrase them...
SteelSaurus

Vector Graphics

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 pm

SteelSaurus Wrote:Do you mean that Vector refers to drawing something from scratch and Vector Graphics is drawing something from Sample? I think I now have more questions than before and don't have any idea on how to phrase them...

No no. Both are the same thing if you refer to computer graphics in general. Vector/Vector graphics are the current 'Saint Graal' of computer games, because you can create as much detail as you want, like using a loupe. When you zoom in , you know quality will remain the same. As a side note, they're still CPU intensive by today standards (even on Core i7), in case you play a HD flash game (or even 640p game) with more than 5000 curves / points of vector graphics at the same time. Engines like Flash/ActionScript still need optimization in that area (to use better the GPU). So people prefer to draw them and use as Bitmap.

If our context is math/physics, then when we say 'vectors', those are more relatead to entities with a value and a direction.
Ivan-Aedler

Re: Vector Graphics

Postby SteelSaurus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Here's what you wrote:
Ivan-Aedler Wrote:No no. Both are the same thing if you refer to computer graphics in general. Vector/Vector graphics are the current 'Saint Graal' of computer games, because you can create as much detail as you want, like using a loupe. When you zoom in , you know quality will remain the same. As a side note, they're still CPU intensive by today standards (even on Core i7), in case you play a HD flash game (or even 640p game) with more than 5000 curves / points of vector graphics at the same time. Engines like Flash/ActionScript still need optimization in that area (to use better the GPU). So people prefer to draw them and use as Bitmap.

If our context is math/physics, then when we say 'vectors', those are more relatead to entities with a value and a direction.
Here's what I got:
Ivan-Aedler (Simplified) Wrote:No, both are the same thing. Vector/Vector graphics are great because you can create as much detail as you want and when you zoom in the quality will remain the same. However, they aren't perfect yet and are exhausting for most computers so people prefer to draw them and use as a Bitmap.
Less is more.
...I'm honestly still not understanding, I even looked up some of the terms you used on Wikipedia to get the simplified sintence. I don't know anything about how Engines and HD works. I know what HD is, but not how it works.

Can you tell me, in a simple sentence, using laymans terms;
If Vectors and Vector Graphics are the same, how come they're seperate sections on the first post?
What are Vectors/Vector Graphics (artistically)?
Also, is English your first language? I understand that an expert or professional in a certain area has difficulty simplifying things, especially if they're eager to explain, (as I can attest first hand) but I've struck out twice with your explanations. Please pitch slower, it's my first time on the plate.
SteelSaurus

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

SteelSaurus Wrote:...I'm honestly still not understanding, I even looked up some of the terms you used on Wikipedia to get the simplified sintence. I don't know anything about how Engines and HD works. I know what HD is, but not how it works.

Hmmm, forget the side note, the only thing we need to know is that, when we are dealing with images, vectors = vector graphics.

SteelSaurus Wrote:Can you tell me, in a simple sentence, using laymans terms; If Vectors and Vector Graphics are the same, how come they're seperate sections on the first post?

An error by the poster.

SteelSaurus Wrote:What are Vectors/Vector Graphics (artistically)?

The same.

SteelSaurus Wrote:Also, is English your first language?

No it isn't. Ok I'll pitch it slower ;) Glad I could help.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Secret_Writter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 pm

I'll try my hand in any of the Text Writer list, though I'll ask if coding is included.

I also fancy my imagination, so mayhap Story Making/Concept moreso.
Secret_Writter
Newly Registered

Postby humbird0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 am

Humbird0 for, um...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Unfortunately, I tend to be busy with a bunch of my own projects.
But I'm always willing to give advice, so I guess it's mostly "teacher" at the moment.
The last version of Pokemon Hentai Version is: January 31, 2015
Every Pokemorph created for the game
Every cutscene picture in the game
Reference material gallery (characters, poses, outfits, expressions, personalities)
humbird0

Postby humbird0 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 am

SteelSaurus Wrote:Can you tell me, in a simple sentence, using laymans terms;
What are Vectors/Vector Graphics (artistically)?

Vector images are made out of lines and curves instead of pixels.

Vector images store pictures as math.

Raster images store pictures as pixels.

If you zoom-in on a raster image, it'll look blocky because you're stretching its pixels.
You can zoom-in on a vector image, and it'll never look blocky, because the computer simply re-draws the lines and curves at a larger size.
The last version of Pokemon Hentai Version is: January 31, 2015
Every Pokemorph created for the game
Every cutscene picture in the game
Reference material gallery (characters, poses, outfits, expressions, personalities)
humbird0

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion