Halp, games getting chopped up

Post and discuss creative ideas

Halp, games getting chopped up

Postby FoxxyGradius » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but the bugs section seems wrong because it's not a particular bug of any game but... Like... The site itself keeps doing this to me.
Basically all the embedded Flash files get cut in half and don't re-size to fit everything in. So I see like half of what's going on at any time. I hate to complain about something so petty, but it's been consistent for a while now and it's getting pretty annoying.
FoxxyGradius
Newly Registered

Re: Halp, games getting chopped up

Postby Thaedael » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Heya, some games are naturally designed to be played at bigger window rates, and those are the ones that are "chopped up", this has to do with the way they are attached to the forum. The solution would be to download to your computer and open it up using a program like internet explorer. Hope this helps!
Thaedael

Postby talin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Im using the latest firefox and i dont have that problem. try that if you haven't already, otherwise reinstall/update your flash player and try agian.
What is a goal but an attempt to gain a purpose? We don't really want the goals and advancements for themselves, we want them because it gives us a reason to act.
RP DnD roller: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
talin

Postby FoxxyGradius » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah, I've noticed I can download them. But that really messes up any game with a save feature. Thanks for the response though, both of you ^^ I'll try updating my flash player.
FoxxyGradius
Newly Registered

Postby Thee Pie Man » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm

talin Wrote:Im using the latest firefox and i dont have that problem. try that if you haven't already, otherwise reinstall/update your flash player and try agian.

I have firefox too I don't understand. Everything is updated. I have the same problem as the above user if I try to play the game on the forum.

~I just download it like Thae said and drag and drop it into your tab bar. Insta-magically.~

I don't have any problems with the save feature though :S I am not sure what game you are playing but a lot of the games on here have Urm.."save features in testing" so that might be something to consider too :3
~Life is fragile thing, but also it can be hardening, it can be enduring, it can be sad, it can be happy. If things don't seem to be going your way at first, look forward and hold on to what you believe in, it can be one of the strongest things of all~
Thee Pie Man

Location: Dunken Donuts, "If they don't have pie I am killing someone."

Postby Thanatos » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am

FoxxyGradius Wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but the bugs section seems wrong because it's not a particular bug of any game but... Like... The site itself keeps doing this to me.
Basically all the embedded Flash files get cut in half and don't re-size to fit everything in. So I see like half of what's going on at any time. I hate to complain about something so petty, but it's been consistent for a while now and it's getting pretty annoying.

It happens to chrome alot.. well on the forums, but on like funny-games.biz, it doesnt happen. instead this white box blocks me from seeing a quarter of my game.
If you notice my posts on a rp topics, I suggest you read it again. (Sometimes) I make changes to those posts, and you won't notice since (maybe) u might be the type of person who would continue from where you last read.
Thanatos

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:23 am

Have you tried holding CTRL + wheel up/down?

Zooms in and out effectively for the whole page. Is what I do.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby IrrelevantComment » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Most flash games use Shared Objects to save data, and that should function fine if you download it. However, your downloaded version will not be able to load the online version's save, and vice versa.

If this is really that big of a problem you can get it to work by:
1) Download and play the game offline, and save something.
2) Go to Users/[your username]/appdata/roaming/macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/
This folder holds all your Shared Objects, but finding the right one can be a bitch
3) Find the Shared Object for the online version - the best bet is to search the macromedia folder for something in the title of the game. You want the .sol file in the right name
4) Find the shared Object for the offline version - in the folder with all the directories there should be a folder call localhost. In there you should be able to find the .sol for the local file.
5) Replace the local file with the online one.
6) Play :)
IrrelevantComment

Return to Discussion