Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Feedback / Discussion Thread

Post and discuss creative ideas

Which NPC in DLaby would you like to see more of?

Lady Illia (Dominatrix)
19%
Nebula and company
19%
Bunny Girl
16%
Maid Girl
11%
Lumina
9%
Enyo
8%
Wolfram, Orpheus or other male NPC's
14%
Other (please specify in thread)
5%

Total votes : 371

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Feedback / Discussion Thread

Postby phoenyxz » Thu May 02, 2013 11:36 am

if u mean the scene just for her in the cg gallery u just need w8 for the time counter to save her end and go there and beat xanrud again in the chambers, but if u do u dont get gwyn though
phoenyxz

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 am

You can't get Gwyn yet. From what I've seen of the gameplay and how it goes you will be able to get Gwyn, after you infiltrate the Arcane Division and get the antidote from there. Unfortunately, we can't get to the Arcane Division yet, but I'll be more than happy to wait and keep playing through on all the chars until we can.

Speaking of Gwyn, in the current poll she's the one that I feel that I'd like to see more of. She can be in the party, so that does technically make her a PC, but she's not the Player-chosen PC. The player's PC we see getting fucked by everything that she loses to, but there are only a few h-scenes that we see in which Gwyn gets to take a part in after she's joined the party. I feel that if we were to lose to, say, the Journeyman Bandit who then gets the Slave Trader to come over so you can suck him off while getting raped by the bandit, that Gwyn would be right there getting screwed with you since you both lost.

Anyway, that's my two cents on Gwyn, that I'd like to see more of her getting raped while the main character is too, and maybe that if your purity is low enough that Gwyn would also be less resistant to it. Kind of a shared purity mechanic.

Man, it feels good to post after lurking for half a year and forgetting about this game until I found it again on my hard drive.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Lucky777 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:34 am

ArdenWolfwatcher Wrote:You can't get Gwyn yet. From what I've seen of the gameplay and how it goes you will be able to get Gwyn, after you infiltrate the Arcane Division and get the antidote from there.

Hm?
You can get Gwyn without any need for an antidote if you don't let the timer run out when she's kidnapped by Xanrud.
What're ye talking about?
Lucky777

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri May 10, 2013 3:26 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Hm?
You can get Gwyn without any need for an antidote if you don't let the timer run out when she's kidnapped by Xanrud.
What're ye talking about?

Sorry, I was referring to the prior post about
phoenyxz Wrote:if u mean the scene just for her in the cg gallery u just need w8 for the time counter to save her end and go there and beat xanrud again in the chambers, but if u do u dont get gwyn though
. If you let the timer run down to zero you can't get Gwyn yet because you aren't yet able to get the antidote from the Arcane Division to cure her of the poison. Then again, I'm just speculating because I have no idea if failing to reach her will completely prevent her from joining the party in the first place.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Lucky777 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:51 am

Oho, fair enough.
Lucky777

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 am

I was going through this again and after legitimately losing to Xanrud the first time while getting there in time to save Gwyn it got me thinking. If we fail to reach Xanrud and Gwyn in under four minutes then we find Gwyn drugged and getting raped, but if we get there before the timer's up then we're able to save her. However, if we lose that fight then Xanrud has his way with the PC and then sends her down to the stalls (most likely, unless she's never been to the Chambers before), and then after the PC is done there you go back to fight him again. Once you beat him, you rescue Gwyn and create a party of two to finish what's left of the current version.

Going back to the original point. If we fail to reach Gwyn in time, she's drugged and raped. If we succeed, we recruit her to the party. However, if we succeed but lose to Xanrud, what's stopping him from drugging and raping Gwyn when the PC is entertaining the Syndicate's customers in the stalls? They wouldn't just leave her bound and naked and waiting for us to come back and beat the Rogue Division leader.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby phoenyxz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:39 am

so far its wat happen if u loose again to xanrud and be sent to the stall the counter keeps running, but since u are sent to the stalls they have their way with the character until she pass out, i think thats why we are able to go back to beat him... but its a fair point i didnt have thought of that...

funny its being months i dont come here and the thread its open again, hmm better keep my mouth shut.. i speak too much hehehe
phoenyxz

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:41 am

ArdenWolfwatcher Wrote:f we fail to reach Gwyn in time, she's drugged and raped. If we succeed, we recruit her to the party. However, if we succeed but lose to Xanrud, what's stopping him from drugging and raping Gwyn when the PC is entertaining the Syndicate's customers in the stalls? They wouldn't just leave her bound and naked and waiting for us to come back and beat the Rogue Division leader.

In terms of logic, you're absolutely correct, but KITA decided to be lenient and divorce the gameplay mechanics from logic on that point.
Lucky777

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:05 am

That does make a lot of sense, and while looking at it, I figured out just why I wanted to see more of Gwyn in the first place. In the CG shots, she looks like Namine from the Kingdom Hearts series. I knew there was a reason why I liked her.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby TheDemonofChaos » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:37 am

just wondering.What's happening with the the game has it been discontinued
TheDemonofChaos

Postby Thisfag » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:00 pm

Probably forgotten and abandoned, they did not bother to continue it or even revive it, even if it seems to be a good idea.
Thisfag

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:24 am

From what little I am aware of, KITA lost interest after what happened to the thread in creative corner.
Kuragari

Postby TheDemonofChaos » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:22 pm

well that sucks, I hope that maybe some time in the future it'll be completed. hate that Kita lost interest in the project,at least we got part of an epic world to play with
TheDemonofChaos

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:28 am

So what, he decided not to bother after the thread got locked?

As far as you know, was it the lock or the pessimism that got to him?
Lucky777

Postby evo3bro » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:26 pm

so... what is actually happening to it then?
evo3bro
Newly Registered

Postby almightytoaster » Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 am

What program was used to make all the H-scenes?
almightytoaster
Newly Registered

Postby nemoudeis » Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 pm

3D Custom Girl
Excuse my English, I'm French.
nemoudeis

Postby Nyshiv » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 am

It may be relevant to someone's interests - that is provided they have the skills required - to continue the series by taking the game and breaking down the source code. Naturally you'd have to give original credit to KITA despite the abandonment of the game, however you would thereby become a developer for the game and thus any new content could then become accredited to you.

That is: if someone has the source code/package, it could be continued on the same track as it was. Of course there's the fact of the matter that the story won't be able to continue AS smoothly as it would have, but it opens up a lot of new opportunities. Just a suggestion for those interested. I would do it myself, but currently I am lacking the ability to do so. Will report back ( in a non-necro thread ) if such a possibility should arise and there are no relevant legal issues. Cheers.
Nyshiv

Postby MissV » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:22 pm

As much as I'd love to see Kitamaru complete the game, I'm not here to brag or beg about it, but to thank him again on how packed with content (and how excellent it is) the game is. A total inspiration for me.
MissV

Postby bigdick69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello there, I am quite nostalgic today and I am revisiting the stuff I played back in the day. Can someone lend me a copy of the game? Can't seem to find it on the despair-labyrinth thread and the thread is of right now locked, so I requested here. Can someone help me out? Thanks
bigdick69

Previous

Return to Discussion