Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Feedback / Discussion Thread

Post and discuss creative ideas

Which NPC in DLaby would you like to see more of?

Lady Illia (Dominatrix)
19%
Nebula and company
19%
Bunny Girl
16%
Maid Girl
11%
Lumina
9%
Enyo
8%
Wolfram, Orpheus or other male NPC's
14%
Other (please specify in thread)
5%

Total votes : 371

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Feedback / Discussion Thread

Postby phoenyxz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:10 pm

check the forum topic of the game there is a link there to the game wiki i think you can find what you need there
phoenyxz

Postby SrGoop » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:23 am

I MAY have posted my feedback on the wrong thread.. whoops.

Anyway, I love the shit out of this game. Please, PLEASE keep it up! It's beautiful, and I'd really hate to see it go.
SrGoop
Newly Registered

Postby SrGoop » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 am

Voted: Other. Personally, I'm into the rapey stuff because I'm a sick fuck. But even better than that, would be PC-specific encounters. Incestuous rape would be damn delicious, perhaps with Lanie and a brother. Staying within the generation would be even better, except with Thyme, since she's older(or at least that's my impression of her).
SrGoop
Newly Registered

Postby Ryan Nocturne » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I've enjoyed the game immensely but felt that the reward system at the end of each battle felt a bit... random. For example, in the few times I defeated Xanrud the first time we meet, sometimes I would not be given Widowmaker and had redo the fight until I got it. By the way, is there any other way to get Radiant Edge, the weapon only available in Cesca's story?

One other thing, could you tell me where you got the weapons for 3d Custom girl. I'm attempting to make a game myself and I've already searched internet for them.
Ryan Nocturne

Postby phoenyxz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:35 pm

incest can be a nice thing to see about in the game but i dont think all teh characters would fit inside the thematic of incest...but if the great kita say that he can do it i dont doubt, i just imagine a sister and brother etc, inside the game yet...
phoenyxz

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:54 am

I'll confirm that an incest scene is in the works; not this patch, but later. It also won't be for all characters, but rather an exclusive.

As far as 3D Custom Girl goes... man, the mod scene for that game is really a special kind of hell, I have to admit. Mainly because there is just an ocean of things to drown in, and then some mods overwrite others, and... yeah. However, Hongfire has a grrrreat thread on them. (Am I allowed to link here?)

And yeah, the drops aren't guaranteed for enemies, including Xanrud, although I'm debating if I should fix that since he is a boss.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby DragonRB » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 am

I would recommend guaranteed drops for bosses and other one time only fights. I can only speak to my own preference/completionist nature, but reloading saves repeatedly to get a boss drop is work, not fun.
DragonRB

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 am

I'm also in favour of guaranteed drops for one-time enemies.

Actually thought they were already in place, though I admittedly don't pay OVERMUCH attention to the RPG aspect.

Beyond like ... "OH MAN CAN I ONEHIT THESE GUYS YET, ALSO MAKE SURE TO BUY ENOUGH ANTIDOTES AND POTIONS, ALSO OH MAN THAT WEAPON IS SHINY I WANT IT."
Lucky777

Postby phoenyxz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 am

Dont have a opinion in the matter of drops, but enemies classified as a boss well we could make a poll over it dont know, the who comands is the great KIT whatever he says, i sign my vote in since is such a nice H-game, and incest have it or not a big concern to me it may be fun dont know :twisted: , but whi knows how it would be :twisted:, in incest thing i think i would like to see Sis Irine on it well thats me, but can without it :mrgreen:
phoenyxz

Postby xxumberxx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:00 am

I just can't wait to see another update. As long as it's been, I may be getting my hopes up... But I DO hope to see a mountain of content.
xxumberxx

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 pm

xxumberxx Wrote:I just can't wait to see another update. As long as it's been, I may be getting my hopes up... But I DO hope to see a mountain of content.

KITAmaru Wrote:7 scenes completed, 6 of those personalized. Still have to do about 3 more from scratch.

From the Creative Corner thread, it sounds like there'll be about 10 personalised H-scenes in this update.

Considering that... let's see, the first update I played only had the gargoyles, the maid, and... something else, I forget ... I'd say that this update'll be PRETTY content-rich.

If I were you, though, I'd brace for about a year of drought after this one, because IRL 8-hour jobs are like 3 or 4 times more draining than just studying in university etc.
Lucky777

Postby Lianeline » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 am

Hi.

First of all, I am not sure if this is the right place to leave comments after playing the game, if it isn't, feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

So the game, well, incredibly good. The game in itself is pleasant to play, the h scenes are very nice visually and very well told, for me best h game ever. I played as Irine and did the game thoroughly while being very pure, then very impure losing basically all of my fights and I loved it. Irine is by far my fav character and I really can't wait to see what is coming next.
Now for suggestions:
- about the game mechanichs themselves, I don't really see any influence of the SPI caract, spells seem to always do the same amount of damage or heal wether you level up or use spell that boost your SPI.
- about the H content, I think that there should be more game overs, and maybe some voluntary ones. What I mean is that all the game overs basically say, after being raped over and over, the character's mind break and she can no longer utter anything else than "fuck me...", I think that these game overs have their place here but I could see the use for some more subtle ones. I have to say that I find the idea of letting go of your freedom and dignity voluntarily much more arousing and degrading than having it taken from you. Anyway, the way i see it, the character, after losing many fights could choose to stop fighting and enjoy herself as a whore for the syndicate. After all, having a low purity means that you have lost a certain number of fights, have been raped quite a number of times and might even have taken a liking to it while losing faith in your ability to ever find theprincess or whatever reason that sent you to the labyinth. I can see many places where, having a low purity, the character could be given the choice to keep on fighting or let go of her quest to submit to whatever fate awaits her:
- after being sent to the stall, when the character faints she could choose not to fight any more in which case she would become one of the regular girls of the chamber.
- when talking to the girl woh says that you should go along with the syndicate orders to get your own room and such, in which case you would become a high class whore with all the privileges that it implies.
- in the bar, by talking to the bunny or the maid girl, you could choose to become a serving girl as well to please the clients of the bar.
- When you try to rescue gwyn from Xanrud and lose a first time, he rapes you then sends you to the stalls saying that he will keep doing so until you come back, not to fight him, but to suck him. So when come back, why not ask if the character is here to keep on fighting or to submit to him in which case she would become one of his personnal sex slave.
- In the dojo, maybe after losing a fight, or losing to Enyo, maybe by talking to the non fighting NPC, you could become the dojo's cumdump for the men to be able to vent their frustration at not being able to go to the chambers...

Anyway, I really love the game and can't wait for it to continue, thanks a lot for all that you have done so far, it is really great.
Lianeline
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I myself think that the right thread for comments after playing would be the actual DLaby thread in the Creative Corner, but since that thread has been locked until Kita says otherwise (though the locking was not actually at Kita's request, that I've seen)
this thread should do well enough.

I'm in no way involved in the development of this project, but since I enjoy conversing about what is surely my favourite Native English H-Rpg, I'mma say some things for a bit.

Dat Spi

I've also seen that the SPI stat seems to do very little for spells in this game, and in some other VX games as well.
I think there's actually a stat that limits how well your spells can perform, and while I'm not even remotely a fan of that... it seems to be standard in VX.
I can't remember off-hand right now, but I'll get the Overwhored blog post that talks about it before I step out.
Ah, here we are. It's the bit that talks about "Stats and how they work", on Monday February 18th 2013. Apparently the stat is called "Spirit F".
http://www.overwhored.blogspot.com/sear ... date=false

If it were up to me, I'm sure I'd absolutely get rid of a stat that LIMITED the effect of your core stats on your damage output, but ah well.

Dat Whoring

- Voluntary Syndicate path is an idea that's been around for quite a while, and though it may never see the light of day at this rate, I still say it'd be pretty cool.
Those kinds of actions would probably be available on that path without game over, but apart from the idea of an entire path, the idea of having voluntary bad ends hadn't been canvassed in great detail in the threads, as far as I personally remember.
It doesn't strike me as a terrible idea, though. I'm sure they'd be worth reading at least once.
Oh, additionally, if it's the voluntary aspect that floats your boat, take note that you can voluntarily offer yourself in the stalls at low enough purity.

Anyway, although I am but a fan myself, I'm always glad to see another fan of DLaby - so welcome on board the win train.
Lucky777

Postby Lianeline » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 am

About the game overs, it is the voluntary aspect that I would like to see but with an "over" idea too, you see, I know that you can offer yourself in the stall, but that doesn't prevent you from getting back your gear, beating the crap out of the next rogue that comes your way and getting back on your quest. My submissive fetish goes more into the sense of having been too degraded to be able to do just that. Something like a realization that you actually don't care anymore about your quest, your dignity, your freedom and whatnot, and take so much pleasure out of being used and humiliated that you voluntarily choose to just become a whore or a slave with no turning back.

However I do realize that i may be the only one to see things this way and I will be happy to play whatever Kitamaru sends our way.

Oh, and I kind of like the idea of being impregnated, too...
Lianeline
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:01 pm

This makes sense (though I was not fully aware of the amount of sense it made, myself, until Kuragari obliquely opened my eyes a while back).

As far as impregnation goes, the most I can remember - and that dimly - is that I think Kita said the time-period covered by the game would be too small for an ordinary human
pregnancy to take place during gameplay. (Violated Heroine kinda says "fuck that, human babies get born in like 6 days", but I don't think Kita's taking that approach with Dlaby XD.) That doesn't rule out other types of pregnancy/gestation, though.

Right now I'm imagining that I remember something about slimes or something, in relation to the topic, but you'll have to get word from the Man himself to know for real.
Lucky777

Postby lhklan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:42 am

@Lianeline
That's some pretty interesting idea you got there. I would like to add a couple of ideas of my own:
- The personal slave idea should be extend to boss - like Xanrud, the Corrupt Captain at the start or the Tentacle Monster in the greenhouse.
- If your purity is low enough, then instead of fighting boss, there could be an option like "Surrender" or "Submit", works like "Seduce" but have a more submissive tone to it, thereby saving your HP for later fight.
As for impregnancy, well if it does take place then it can only be show in the Game Over scene, considering that it usually took at least 9 months for a baby to come out.
lhklan
Newly Registered

Postby Niskala » Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 pm

How do you get the Lust Wine scene? It's the only one I can't find.
Niskala
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:26 pm

There's a bottle of wine lying around somewhere (been a while, so I don't remember exactly where.)
It's marked lust wine or something like that, just get your character to drink it.
May or may not need low purity to get 'em to straight-up DRINK something called "lust wine" but if you've found all the other scenes getting to that state will be no problem.
Lucky777

Postby phoenyxz » Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 pm

no lucky its in the barracks where u met the 5 mage girls i think right corner of the balcon and if u are about 50 of purity i think it gonna work...
phoenyxz

Postby Niskala » Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 am

phoenyxz Wrote:no lucky its in the barracks where u met the 5 mage girls i think right corner of the balcon and if u are about 50 of purity i think it gonna work...

Found it, thanks.
One more, how do you get Gwyn's only scene?
Niskala
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion