In an animation, Krystal's outfit keeps changing.

Post and discuss creative ideas

In an animation, Krystal's outfit keeps changing.

Postby SexyVortigaunt » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:59 am

I was making my own little rendition of one of the playshapes works, and when I exported it as a .swf, it ended up.. Flashing, big time. She changed from naked to her armor to the suit at like, mach six. Is there a reason for this? I use Adobe CS4, if that makes any difference.
SexyVortigaunt
Newly Registered

Re: In an animation, Krystal's outfit keeps changing.

Postby Renara » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:14 am

You might want to check that you've set one of the variables controlling her appearance, such _root.suit I think for her flight-suit.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby SexyVortigaunt » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Renara Wrote:You might want to check that you've set one of the variables controlling her appearance, such _root.suit I think for her flight-suit.

I will try that. Thank you :) I'll let you know what I get when I do. I don't really use flash - I never did until I Saw the source files for this flash project, and that peaked my interest, so now I want to learn. :P

*Edit*

Buh, I'm not sure I know how. Haha, sorry. ._.;
SexyVortigaunt
Newly Registered

Postby SexyVortigaunt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Okay, when I open the Debug window it doesn't really say anything in the variables section - I wonder, am I doing it wrong? I'm copying the body parts from one section (That being the Krystal - Bathing scene.) Do I need to take them directly from something else, or does it matter how I piece it together? Also, where would I put in the variable for her outfit?
SexyVortigaunt
Newly Registered

Postby Renara » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:54 am

It depends on how your animation is going to start, but but in the case of LoK all variables are properly initialised at the end of the Arwing attack sequence (some are done at the start but just for that scene).

So basically you'll probably want to move across the preloader at the very least, that way you can initialise variables when the user clicks to begin playing the game. Otherwise you'll want to make sure that in the first frame of your animation you add a script snippet that sets the variables you need, for clothing this will be:

Code: Select All Code
_root.armour = true;
_root.suit = false;

Simply set suit to true and armour to false to switch to the flight-suit, and set both to false to get her naked. You'll also want to make sure that your animation doesn't loop back onto the frame where the variables are set, as it might change values back to the default if you've changed them later on.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby SexyVortigaunt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Alright, I'll see what I can do. If I run into problems or need any more help, I'll ask you, since you seem to know quite well. :P Thanks.
SexyVortigaunt
Newly Registered

Return to Discussion