[Unity]Looking for Animators. 2D Action Platformer

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[Unity]Looking for Animators. 2D Action Platformer

Postby HotPink » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:38 am

Hey LoK forums!

I've been developing and designing games for a few years now in my spare time and I've been published on mobile and console platforms. However I want to break away from the mainstream for a bit and try my hand at making a H game!
I'm learning a lot about the H game market, but still have a lot to learn. I found some artists from Hentai Foundry that want to help out, but we don't have anyone yet who can properly animate, so they sent me here!
A lot of cool things here, and hoping we can find some extra help for our project.

I am using the Unity engine, so I can either use Sprite based animation, or more flash like puppet animation. I'd love to work with either, but if your good with the puppet style animation, you can leave the actual artwork to our other artists.

Here is a quick demo I put together to showcase my skills and maybe show where we are going.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3dYaX ... sp=sharing (includes both a PC and Mac build)

The demo is in a metriodvania style, with all placeholder assets. You have basic jumps, attacks, ect and then 2 main lewd mechanics. While many lewd games give you sex if you lose, we want to challenge the player a bit more in hopes that it will immerse them and have sex become the reward.

The first of which is the save or checkpoint system. If you have ever played Shovel Knight it is similar to that take it or leave it system. The idea is that there is a girl (or guy maybe) getting forced by some kind of monster or enemy. You have the option to save them, which will then fill your health, save the spot as a checkpoint, and maybe have other benefits, or decide to watch or join in. Doing this will start some kind of H scene, but afterward the enemy will start to attack you while also giving up the option to heal or save. It is a risk reward which gives the lewd stuff for risky play.

The other is like an item you would get, which I called the love arrows in the demo, that can seduce your foes when they are weak on health. Once seduced you can start a sex scene with them that will result in their death. This gives the player some power over when and when not to have sex with stuff, and also goes against the common h game stereotype of the enemies having sex with you so now you can have sex with them if you so desire.

None of these mechanics are set in stone, but just some ideas I had that might help bring new life into the H game scene. If you have some ideas you'd like to see added, I would love to hear them!

Feel free to reply on here, or get in touch with my email at XXXXXXXXXX if you want to talk more.
Hope to hear back from you soon!

- H
Last edited by HotPink on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotPink
Newly Registered

Re: [Unity]Looking for Animators. 2D Action Platformer

Postby HotPink » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Hey guys, we are still looking for an animator, but just want to show some work off we have done so far.

This is mostly just a test character we have been working on, but could evolve into something more.

As far as gameplay goes we have been working on a Demonic / Angelic mortality system. Without giving too much of the story away so far, we want the player's actions in game to help shape their character, and also change what kind of sex scenes you will get ;)

What do yall think? Is this something yall would like to see in a lewd game?

Also what other mechanics would be interesting or new, that haven't been done before in a H game that you would like to see implanted?

Talk to yall soon,

- H
HotPink
Newly Registered

Re: [Unity]Looking for Animators. 2D Action Platformer

Postby Gidshiri » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello! :)
It's interesting idea. I love platformers \ action games very much. It's really sad that so few developers want to do them in nowadays. Even fewer developers want to do interesting and non-standard platformers. So, i glad that you want to do something like this. :D

I only worry about amount of ideas that you want to realize at the same time. I hope you know that you doing... but maybe you can save some ideas for another game? Just my thoughts that was born in my head, after i read the description. It's already huge amount of work, if you ask me.

About the ideas. I definitely like game where protagonist can rape and be raped. And i like the karma idea connected with players decisions. The different sex scenes depending on the karma and the appearance of the main character? Sounds cool... but again - i just can't imagine this huge amount of work that required for this. If you add interesting enough story and cool "game world" to all of this - i'm sure, it will be cool game.

About the new or interesting ideas that i can suggest.
1. How about possibility for player to capture enemies bodies? For battle, for solving puzzles or just for fucking? Maybe player will even can fuck his \ her own unconscious body in enemies body. For example - to gather energy or hp.
2. I think, it's maybe just for me, but i like a little bit creepy style things too. I mean both sexy and a little creepy. Maybe brutal or weird? Not sure how to explain right. I mean, design. For example - demons in games. You can see "light" style demons and "hard" style. In "light" style succubus appearance not really different from human girl. Little horns, cute little tail, maybe little wings - thats all. In "hard" style we can see more differences. Like the big horns, squama on some parts of body, different skin color, glowing eyes of predator and even hooves instead normal legs. And even if first variant looks cuter for most peoples, for me personaly, second looks a lot more demonically. Eh... how to explain it better. I belive that she is a dangerous demon, not just a cute girl with horns. I'm not saying that you should do creepy girls. Just saying that you may try different interesting design ideas for enemies or characters (or even protagonist) in game. Even a scary dangerous monster can be hot, if it designed well and interesting. It's not just about succubus. Succubus just an example. Just think about different opportunities.

Good luck with your work! :D
Gidshiri

Return to Non-Flash Projects